N-Europe

Pokemon RPG Wii

Ant-Shimmin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand why this hasn't happened. The idea is so obvious.

It's been obvious since they brought out the first pokemon games, with people wanting a game like this on the N64. I honestly can't see it happening if it hasn't happened already....maybe I shouldn't say things like that just before E3.

NO it will never happen but I really wonder why.

Yeah it's one of those unanswerable questions.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?

Why hasn't nintendo released a Pokemon RPG on a home console?

: peace: Deep man : peace:

There were console RPGs...they went a different way from the main games and people bitched...its why Nintendo went back to just Stadium style with Battle Revolution

A MMORPG is never going to happen. It goes against Nintendo's Online Strategy. MMORPGs cannot work with friend codes

Pokemon itself is a handheld franchise. Thats how it works so well, being able to play anywhere and everywhere. A Home Console version just wouldn't fit right. Nintendo knows this and thats why the console games have essentially been side-games and spin-offs

As much as I love the Pokemon games and will continue to buy the new Gameboy/DS versions as long as they're released, it would be nice for them to take the franchise a step further as GTA did from 2-3.

As soon as I think of a huge 3D Pokemon world, I drool.

I just want to clarify here, the proposal here is that Nintendo release a Pokemon MMO game, thats a Massively multiplayer online game, so would this mean that we effectively would all be trainers in a huge online world where we ride around various towns and we run into people online and battle them, and also cooperate with others to do double teams, form gangs and bring down superior players?

that would be the basics of it yes. obviously there would be mechanics that would need to be introduced. Pokemon with different abilities etc. Leveling up pokemon would have to be made harder so the game lasted but i would say that is the basics of it.