Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

It's not a major disadvantage. If you're a hardcore enough player to want to play online and compete against others then you would want to win. You'd develop skills to win.

Chris, it's just like the sniper on Halo. Because you're not good at it you hate it. You won't try to get better at it because other people are already good at using it so when you try to use it online you get killed.

Much like snaking. So instead of moaning, learn to snake in the single player and beat those snakers at their own game.

You will never turn me to the dark side young Kov :heh:

Why should anyone have to do that... the game shouldnt have things that put other players at a major disadvantage. Snaking destroys the fun and thats the end of it.

I don't find the game fun without snaking now. Thing is lots and lots of people are able to snake and if it was took out of the game, a lot of us wouldn't like it now as it ups the challenge and skill level needed. So it's either the game is aimed solely to the casual MK fans or to both hardcore and casual (snaking included).

Snaking is not a glitch or an exploit, it's just complete mastery of an ability that's in the game to use it as often as you want.

Oh and since someone else asked, snaking is VERY fun to do when you're good at it. Much more fun than just driving around slowly. It means you're always concentrated on the action, even on straight roads and feel intense speed non-stop, all under your control, one slip up and you can lose! It's a definite thrill.

You people who say "Learn to snake and stop complaining", that's unfair. I have always loved Mario Kart and was excited by online play. I really enjoy the gameplay but going through a race whilst constantly turning left and right and wiggling no matter what part of the track you are on.. that just isn't fun.

A lot of online players have a shocking mentality where it's all about winning and they'll do whatever it takes to keep their records good. So even if I was good at snaking, these people are still gonna disconnect if I'm about to win the race. It's not right.

Its not a physics exploit when its been programmed in...people need to stop calling it exploit, glitches etc...its a perfectly viable in game feature

Maybe so, but it still ruins the online for me, I hope we can atleast turn it off online, or make it extremely hard to pull off.

Don't you get this in ALL games? Cheap tactics? Smash Football, ALL beatemups and football games!! I race and snake every so often; it's mildly annoying when people literally snake over the whole track, but I aint that bothered about it.

PS Back onto the game; I really hope it is INCREDIBLE. What scares me themost is how the controls will work - I LOVE Excitetruck and see the Wii as the saviour of gaming, but im a little worried. Mario kart ois very fast, I mean how will snaking work with the wiimote anyway!?

Don't you get this in ALL games? Cheap tactics? Smash Football, ALL beatemups and football games!! I race and snake every so often; it's mildly annoying when people literally snake over the whole track, but I aint that bothered about it.

PS Back onto the game; I really hope it is INCREDIBLE. What scares me themost is how the controls will work - I LOVE Excitetruck and see the Wii as the saviour of gaming, but im a little worried. Mario kart ois very fast, I mean how will snaking work with the wiimote anyway!?

In most games cheap tactics can be countered by other tactics. In MKDS, either you snake or you lose.

The cheap tactics in Smash football also ruined online play for me. It bugs the hell out of me.

If the controls are like excitetrucks why have a steering wheel you don't tilt a wheel you rotate it. If snaking is done by tilting the remote I would imagine it being harder to pull off. This may make snaking only sensible on corners and not all over the track.

Anyway stop the whinging 32 tracks, 12 player online, and online battle mode - I cant believe how underwhelmed some of you guys are about this - you know you'll buy it anyway! : peace:

Guest Stefkov

It's just powersliding around the whole course.

That's it. You manage it around a corner so how hard is it to do it on a straight? If you say it ruins your experience then complain to Nintendo.

As for this game. Double dash wasn't great, I hope they make this better.

It's just powersliding around the whole course.

That's it. You manage it around a corner so how hard is it to do it on a straight? If you say it ruins your experience then complain to Nintendo.

As for this game. Double dash wasn't great, I hope they make this better.

I can snake. But i would rather play without, as snaking really hurts my fingers and I just plain don't like snaking. Its like saying that you should cheat on Pokemon D/P, or any other online game just because everyone else does.

Hum, i didn't understand exactly, you mean receiving a mushroom and then not clashing with anything and making a complete route? :S

No. I mean powersliding so much you are going that fast all the time.

Hum, i didn't understand exactly, you mean receiving a mushroom and then not clashing with anything and making a complete route? :S

Snaking is where you constantly Powerslide. You tend to powerslide around the corners to give you a speed boost, but you can get good at doing it on straights.

Guest Stefkov
I can snake. But i would rather play without, as snaking really hurts my fingers and I just plain don't like snaking. Its like saying that you should cheat on Pokemon D/P, or any other online game just because everyone else does.

You clearly havn't played a lot of online games then. Everyone cheats. Halo, Gears of War, Mario Football, Command and Conquer.

If something is made to strong or if there is a flaw which makes you win everyone will use it. If you don't do it then you'll lose all the time. Then you lose all the fun losing all the time, you think you're crap so you give up.

If you learn to use the flaws then you'll start to win. Then you'll stop moaning about people snaking.

Fair enough it hurts your hands, don't do it then.

As for the steering wheel, I'll use it once then not use it probably.

Maybe Nintendo will include an option to disable power sliding during online matches, thus preventing snaking for people who don't want it in their matches, and I'm pretty sure if people do D/C during games there will be some sort if penalty, like in Mario Strikers.

Besides, most of us will probably be playing other forumers online more often than random matches, and we will be told if they snake or not before hand in a Mario Kart FC thread no doubt, so I see nothing to worry about :)

You clearly havn't played a lot of online games then. Everyone cheats. Halo, Gears of War, Mario Football, Command and Conquer.

If something is made to strong or if there is a flaw which makes you win everyone will use it. If you don't do it then you'll lose all the time. Then you lose all the fun losing all the time, you think you're crap so you give up.

If you learn to use the flaws then you'll start to win. Then you'll stop moaning about people snaking.

Fair enough it hurts your hands, don't do it then.

As for the steering wheel, I'll use it once then not use it probably.

Just because you can use the flaws doesn't make it fun. As i said, i can snake and win but if i had the choice, i would not use it. You're right about everyone cheating, but companies fix flaws in sequels. I'm sure the next mario football will not have the same cheap tactic available. Nintendo know about snaking, so i think they should fix it.

Just because you can use the flaws doesn't make it fun. As i said, i can snake and win but if i had the choice, i would not use it. You're right about everyone cheating, but companies fix flaws in sequels. I'm sure the next mario football will not have the same cheap tactic available. Nintendo know about snaking, so i think they should fix it.

I'm sorry but having an 8 player race where you are all snaking is A LOT more fun than an 8 player race without it.

You're not going at a snails pace for a start.