N-Europe

Goodbye Mr. Blair...

Wesley

I'm peeved that gordon brown has just automatically become priminister. It a bit unfair really seeing as when people vote in a genrral election their also voting for a personality (tony blair), but now he's gone its now someone who we didn't choose. Their should have been a new election.

I'm surprised no one has made a thread...

So am I.

I think he was a very, very, very good PM, who made many very good decisions, but one very, very crap one.

As for Brown, I think he is, for a start, going to fix the NHS.

Good times are coming, methinks. :)

I'm peeved that gordon brown has just automatically become priminister. It a bit unfair really seeing as when people vote in a genrral election their also voting for a personality (tony blair), but now he's gone its now someone who we didn't choose. Their should have been a new election.

Erm... since when has anyone in the UK ever voted for a PM? We vote for a party who decide their own leader...

The Labour party chose him as Blair's successor. It's the party you want in power that you vote for, not the PM.

I think it was the right move anyway, as this country is a little bit stupid, and thinks that the Conservatives would be a good group of people to run the country.

Get real, Britain. :nono:

Actually, saying that, a few days ago Labour where ahead in the polls! Woo!

This is what will happen:

Brown withdraws xxx number of troops from Iraq!

Brown fixes NHS forever!

Then we have a general election

Labour wins!

Brown invades several "terrorist" countries for no reason.

Blair and bush need to be arrested for war crimes but alas. They shall not be.

This is what will happen:

Brown withdraws xxx number of troops from Iraq!

Brown fixes NHS forever!

Then we have a general election

Labour wins!

Brown invades several "terrorist" countries for no reason.

Blair and bush need to be arrested for war crimes but alas. They shall not be.

The first four points will probably happen...:indeed:

Blair was a brilliant PM I'm going to miss him.

I would say the same, but Brown is going to be much better in my opinion.

Blair was a brilliant PM I'm going to miss him.

I'm going to miss him, too. On the whole, I felt he made more good decisions than bad, and he probably got far more stick than he ever really deserved.

I'm also going to miss his voice and hand gestures during speeches.

I was a sad freak and have been watching everything in the lead up to today over the past few months, particularly the past few days, and i found today rather exciting.

Blair has been the best prime minister we could've had, apart from pissing people off with spin i think he did an amazing job.

Brown is such a radical change from Blair, and although he has personality, he himself isn't as exciting as Blair. Now his reforms and aims sounds like they're going to be-hopefully-radical and good for the country. he has about 2 years to prove himself up to the job, and able to fight off the tories, which i whole heartedly hope he does.

I'll be sooo pissed off if people fall for Cameron's fucking stupid me too tactics and fake persona. He's the tory Tony-but about 150% worse since he doesn't mean half the shit he says.

I really don't know why i'm so strongly against the Conservatives but i know that Labour have done a fucking great job with this country over the past 10 years, and as long as they continue i'll be happy. The country seems to forget that if it wasn't for the Labour party and Tony's charisma they wouldn't have voted him in, and our country wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is today.

No you dont. You vote for the party, the party that wins choses who they want to put in power (effectivly).

Blair chose his successor. It's the party you want in power that you vote for, not the PM.

No he didn't. The Labour party selected their new leader nobody else put their name forward.

I watched the coverage on the BBC this afternoon. Was quite enjoyable. Nice little speech, and very nice of Cameron to wish him luck in his future. Loled at Cherie's little comment to the Press when they left. But my oh my, Brown is very very boring in my opinion, but has a very sexy wife :heh: I really can't see him winning the next election, or getting 'on' with Bush.

Wonder what Tony will do next? Guest host HIGNFY...:heh: