N-Europe

Game Club

Wesley

How do you guys feels about starting a Game Club? Basically, this was stolen from Kotaku, but aren't all the best ideas stolen (well... apart from that SIXAXIS thing...)?

For those who don't read Kotaku the Game Club is essentially like a regular Book Club. A game is nominated, played by the us gamers and then we discuss the game in the forum/chat room. These chats are then logged (or just kept as stickies or what have you) for others to read.

Things we need to consider before doing this is the nomination process that will take place. Many people feel that games we all own should be nominated while others think that more obscure little gems should be tried out. So, discuss.

Another thing that needs to be considered is what we will discuss about the game; the usual graphics, sound, gameplay, lifespan shouldn't be used because it's so boring. We want insight to the game so we either need new points to discuss or simply have no points and make it a bit more free and open. So, discuss.

Other things need to be considered such as how long we give ourselves to complete the game. Also, this obviously can't take constantly because we can't all keep buying games every week... well, I can. :heh:

So what do you guys think?

EDIT: This was inspired by Link telling us that we suck. :P

Steal obviously.

and that's quite a good idea Mardy Bardy; if we did Gamecube games it would be cheaper and also theirs a wider library; especially odd ones like that little plug that runs about plugging himself in places.

I'd say we should all go out and buy Ikaruga and then share our experiences on that. It's a rare breed of game these days, and it's also one of the top ten games on the cube.

Im up for that, Ive been meaning to pick it up but im just not motivated enough to play when there are no achivements involved so this would help.

I vote we go out and play some more retro games. I mean if we did Metroid Prime, we could easily have a conversation about it without actually buying and playing it again. Maybe we could start off with playing some classic SNES games? /idea

But everyone's already played that. The point of this is new experiences, or so I think.

Instead, everyone proceed to buy/ download Chrono Trigger before coming on here and testifying to it's unrivalled awesomeness.

Also, if this is going to be like my games club, there needs to be copious amounts of beer. Never mind that it's online damnit, where there's a will, there's a way o_0.

nisute is a game club and has been for years. we have events and club days full of the latest games and the latest consoles and you barely have to bring something your self be coarse we have every thing already here. well if you live near Tilburg in the Netherlands come and see for your self. PM me if you want to come.

I had this idea ages ago, never really began to formulate though. I did have one idea of the first game that should be used.

Anyone ever played Vexx? Its a GC title, ive never had chance to play it and it looks like it could be interesting.

Cuh, contribute. We need ideas for types of games, or even specific games to be including in the voting. Opinions, etc.

Ok, I'll think of something. :D

Maybe it would be wise to start on Gamecube games first, and then as more and more Wii titles get released, include them.

I'm not sure how you could base it on anything else other than graphics, sound, gameplay. Hmm, we need ideas on this.

I vote for freedom fighters if your doing cube games.

Cheap

Underated classic noone played

Plus I didnt play it!

Anyone up for that?

I've heard it's very good, but I've never played it. If I can find it on the (very, very) cheap, I'm up for that.

I'd prefer Burnout though, or Battalion Wars.

Actually, Battalion Wars isn't a bad idea...

I've heard it's very good, but I've never played it. If I can find it on the (very, very) cheap, I'm up for that.

I'd prefer Burnout though, or Battalion Wars.

Actually, Battalion Wars isn't a bad idea...

Oh battallion wars! We should comibe votes as I would definatley be up for playing that!