N-Europe

I Am Legend

Slaggis

From that trailer, not very.

It's all very vague about what happened to humanity and the whole last man alive thing is a terrible cliche.

Rokhed00, have you liked anything lately? You seem very negative about all current/recent/future releases. (Except perhaps on the 360, but I don't venture to 'Other Consoles' that often).

I don't see how the last man alive is that cliché. It hasn't been done that often before, and never very successfully. 28 days later started with the feeling that he was the last man alive in England, but quickly became otherwise. The spectacle of an empty New York City looked awesome to me. Bridges destroyed, overgrowing grass in Times Square. Able to drive a sportscar down a busy city street. Golf between blocks? Imagine being able to go anywhere in New York, open any door, go up any stairs, drive any car, smash into any shop. Even if the place has no power you'd find generators. If that concept is explored well in at least the first 1/3 or so of the movie I will find that part entertaining.

And who's left? I intend not to read spoilers or summaries until the movie arrives, thus I'm left with a surprise :D Soldiers after him? Zombies? Monsters? Crazed survivors? It's got me interested. [edit: ok, after looking at that cover Daft posted, I guess it doesn't matter anymore -_-]

Read the book people, read the book.

1857988094.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It came out in 1954 so this story is about as original as it comes. The movie is not the same as the book from what I can tell. It looks like the book is a lot darker and its a hell of a read. Its only about 160 pages....read it.

I just pray that Will Smith doesn't crap on this like he did on iRobot.

Trust me read the book first because this film could NEVER live up to it.

Rokhed00, have you liked anything lately? You seem very negative about all current/recent/future releases.

Just call me 'hard to please'.

I don't see how the last man alive is that cliché.

You need to read/watch more scifi.

Looks interesting from the trailer, definately one too watch.

Very vague trailer though!

What's everyones thoughts on what's going on?

Did they maybe get everyone on one side of the Brooklyn Bridge (or which ever NY bridge it was) for protection against something? Then thinking if they blow the bridge up they could stop it from following, but it didn't work and everyone got wipped out?

Will Smith is a great actor and in some of my favourite films, Independence Day, Enemy of the State, Bad Boys II...

I'm yet to see The Pursuit of Happiness, but I've heard it's a great film.

I find Will Smith a bit of a polarising actor, in the sense that he's either REALLY suited to the role as in independence day or in search of happyness. However for this film i think he's been ill cast.

Also i fucking hate the fact that now, you can't have any major filmic event happening outside of fucking New York-get over 9/11 already! Stupid fecking producers/screen writer.

Also i fucking hate the fact that now, you can't have any major filmic event happening outside of fucking New York-get over 9/11 already! Stupid fecking producers/screen writer.

Bit near the knuckle don't you think...

I wasn't in New York that day and even i was scared shitless when all that was happening, god knows what the others where like...

I thought I, Robot was a pretty good movie, or am I the only one that thinks that?

I liked it, as well.

Am I the only one tired of every film adopting the same formula for each trailer? It's really boring. If I hear any more "epic music", I'll bash in somebody's face in with a rock.

I liked it, as well.

Am I the only one tired of every film adopting the same formula for each trailer? It's really boring. If I hear any more "epic music", I'll bash in somebody's face in with a rock.

Totally agree, can't movie studios be a little more creative and less formulaic for once. Every trailer for "epic" or action type movies are all the same. A little build up, a man with a deep voice saying the worlds going to end and then a little shock moment at the end.

So, it's a remake of Omega man then.

Yea kind of...Its more a reworking, because the Omega Man was a god awful film.

And Will Smiths recent form, makes me really want to see this - He owns in action blockbuster flicks.. Independence Day, Irobot, Enemy Of The State, Bad Boys are all great hollywood films.

Should be good, if it keeps to the essence of the book.

I'm worried because there isnt really an amasing amount of action in the book...but we will have to wait and see. Like I, Robot its more based on the book than the same story so it cloud be good or bad.

Also considering Arnold Schwarzenegger was orignally going to be the lead, I'm a lot happier. I would have liked to have seen Hugh Jackman do it.

I find it hilarious that in some scenes cars completely block the road then the moment he jumps in a doge viper they are broken down on the pavemement leaving a clear path.

Maybe he is god in this movie. On a side note, Will Smith is a hit or miss, he's been selling out quite a bit lately. This looks to be a bit different from the genereric action movies he does but who knows, producers suck, no doubt they'll be something to blow up.