N-Europe

Bioshock

KKOB

I'd just like to say that the Irish accent of the "guide" fellow is awesome.

The whole thing is just so breath taking. It looks gorgeous, and the sound is spot on. My favourite moment is the women huddled over the cradle, you hear her and then see the shadow. Creep up to her and she turns round and attacks you, after she died I smacked her in the head with the wrench, and it went even more bloody and disfigured <3

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say that the Irish accent of the "guide" fellow is awesome.

The whole thing is just so breath taking. It looks gorgeous, and the sound is spot on. My favourite moment is the women huddled over the cradle, you hear her and then see the shadow. Creep up to her and she turns round and attacks you, after she died I smacked her in the head with the wrench, and it went even more bloody and disfigured <3

Yummy yummy gore :D

I love that guy, he is really awesome! His accents rather nice too ;)

I hope he lives for a long while.

Dude, it's only 10 days now.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

My resit is 7 days away so i like to pretend it's really months away, fooling yourself FTW!

I found the demo slightly scary when you first go into the lighthouse, as I expected the lights to go on and there to be some...thing...

Instead the whole thing is creepy, which is rather cool. It makes you want to know what has happened.

The hacking was awesome. You had to uncover the tiles, then swap the pipe pieces and get the liquid to the other exit before it spilled.

Is there anyway to stop more guys coming though? I died after about 6 of them came in a row, and decided that was a good place to stop playing the demo. More surprises for the real thing right? Though I did misso ut on playing with the fire plasmid.

The sights on firearms are a little hard to use (turns too slow), but other than that the combat is awesome. Getting a security bot and the gun turret in the toilets (the second lot) on your side then leading the splicers in is really fun!

Also, is it just me, or is the fire plasmid almost completely useless in the demo? The Electro Volt is much handier, for stun-wack combos on splicers and for allowing you to hack.

For Takeo -

I didnt know what to expect going into the Bioshock demo at all. What can I say? It is fuckin incredible. Atmospheric, amazing iconography, interesting characters, great gameplay system, awesome graphics. Definetly can see why it is being tipped game of the year and I will be buying.

Off topic but I like to learn to new words. What does iconography mean? Or inconoclast.

I know I could look it up in a dictionary or something but that is dull.

First try I shorted the bot but on my second run I was quite the pipemania pro. You have to keep revealing and swapping quickly to make a path, its speed not mistakes.

Going to play the demo a third time soon. I play demos too much. I have already played the Katamari demo 3 times (9mins) and the Stranglehold demo at least 6 times.

Iconography mate is like when certain objects have secondary meanings. So like in a horror film if the lighting was red it could represent death is coming or a rose represents love.

Game had loads of forms of it. I also loved the 60's artwork and the scene with the mother pushing the pram. I really thought it was the irish guys family and went towards them to help, and the bitch turned around trying to kill me lol.

Game was just awesome, the attention to detail was class

Ah, thanks. Interesting

BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

I knew that something would be up with that woman as basically every inhabitant of Rapture is crazy so I zapped her with the lightning.

SimpPhobia.jpg

ZAP

P.S. The hacking section was very confusing. TBH I didnt have a clue how to do it even after reading the instructions, did you guys do it ok?

Yeah I worked it out first go, it's a simple pipe game really. Every tile on the board has a pipe piece under it, the objective is to create a drain from the start to the finish (duh) which were marked by light blue arrow things. When you find a tile you want you press A to swap it with the current one you're "holding" and then A again when you find the tile you want to place it. What I wasn't sure on was how to hack. The first time I electro shocked it down and then it gave me the option to hack but afterwards I couldn't hack any more, am I only allowed one robot friend?

Is there anyway to stop more guys coming though? I died after about 6 of them came in a row, and decided that was a good place to stop playing the demo. More surprises for the real thing right? Though I did misso ut on playing with the fire plasmid.

If its where I think it is, then we had the same problem, it was right at the end with one of those "Regenerator" things that you spawn in and a couple of entrances, and they stream in about 2-3 or a time for a while. I died a couple of times there before they stopped coming.

Or are you talking about the room with fire and a red tinge with the robots and the people that kept on coming?

Off topic but I like to learn to new words. What does iconography mean? Or inconoclast.

I know I could look it up in a dictionary or something but that is dull.

First try I shorted the bot but on my second run I was quite the pipemania pro. You have to keep revealing and swapping quickly to make a path, its speed not mistakes.

Going to play the demo a third time soon. I play demos too much. I have already played the Katamari demo 3 times (9mins) and the Stranglehold demo at least 6 times.

If you mean iconoclast its someone who hates icons it is used to describe the split between iconoclasts and iconophiles in the Byzantine Empire. Iconophiles loves icons and thought they were ok in the eyes of god.

Anyway back to the game yeh this may be the one to make me get a 360!

I can now officially say that Bioshock is BLOODY AMAZING!! That's got to be one of the best demos I've ever played, and it's looking as if it'll be one of the best games ever too!

I had no problems with the hacking, although I do think it's really tense. In fact, the whole game is tense and freaky. I can't wait to get this, though it'll be the PC version for me methinks! :grin:

It scared me to death :(

Everytime one of those zombie things with the freaky masks came at me I jumped and pressed pause, I'm such a loser :P

Grrr I hate this about me, I'm shit scared of playing these games, it ruins it for me, like Resi Evil 4, I couldn't enjoy it cuz I was panicking all the time :/

Anyway as for everything else it was very good, I loved the idea and the graphics are awesome.

If only they replaced the zombie people with fluffy rabbits....:)

man i hate it when people correct spelling on this forum :nono:

Aww...Poor baby:indeed:

If people used correct grammar/spelling, it wouldn't happen in the 1st place.

Everytime one of those zombie things with the freaky masks came at me I jumped and pressed pause, I'm such a loser :P

Grrr I hate this about me, I'm shit scared of playing these games, it ruins it for me, like Resi Evil 4, I couldn't enjoy it cuz I was panicking all the time :/

Anyway as for everything else it was very good, I loved the idea and the graphics are awesome.

HAHA....Resi 4 isn't scarey AT ALL:heh:....The others are a bit though, well REmake & Zero.

I used to like that with REmake, but then it was like "meh"...oh, and Eternal Darkness...thoguh that's far more scarey.

Anyway, hopefully my download of this will be done soon.

Tried playing the demo this afternoon and then it crashed on me so I deleted it.

Those wanting to play on the Hard setting in the demo then check this out.

Before starting the demo, go to your gamer profile in the dashboard and then change your default game settings. Go to general, then change your difficulty to hard.

Now when you start the demo, hard should be highlighted when you have the option to select your difficulty. Don't move the cursor or you will not be able to select hard again, unless you go back (B).

I do the same thing! I either start worrying, get creeped out, jumping and generally being a total mental patient.

Thats the best thing about the games though, it gets you more invovled

Guest Jordan

Afaik, theres no achievements for the PC version of Bioshock but it is a Games for Windows title, it doesn't support GFW Live, because it would need to be Vista exclusive for that.