NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

Hey I've got a question but it's already been answered but I shall ask nonetheless.

Incomplete download mp3s in the music folder for some reason won't delete because Vista Home Premium claims they don't exist. So how do I make the actual file icon dissapear from the folder because if it doesn't exist then it sure as hell shouldn't be there?

A quick answer will be fine as it's my dad's laptop that has vista and I was trying it out because I'm going to get one but he and his laptop are down in london just now so I won't be able to try out the method some helpful person gives me.

Got a problem with Windows Media Center and was wondering if anyone can help.

When I press the "Windows Media Center" button on the remote control which comes with it, it loads up WMC fine BUT it also turns my 360 on, which is gunna be a major pain in the long run. So Iam wondering is there anyway I can stop it from turning the 360 on?

If you go to the 360's settings then there's a remote option, set this to Xbox 360 Media Remote only, that way it won't react to your Media Center remote. I had the exact same problem!

If you go to the 360's settings then there's a remote option, set this to Xbox 360 Media Remote only, that way it won't react to your Media Center remote. I had the exact same problem!

Ahh, thank you so much!

Now I can remove the tape!

Ahh, thank you so much!

Now I can remove the tape!

:laughing:

On a serious note, im glad this came up! Im might soon be building a media centre PC and this would have annoyed the hell out of me!

I probably would have just taped it up instead of doing the sensible thing and asking :indeed:

Why doesn't he concentrate on making laptops that don't fry themselves after a year and a half?

You know, i was thinking exactly the same thing!

He accuses Vista of not working properly?!?! Im sitting here typing this on an Acer "laptop" that has cracking casing for the 3rd time in 18 months and a defunct battery and charging circuit! It can't leave my desk!

Amazingly enough, the software works fine! Yes, Vista is obviously the pile of shite that's at the cause of my computer problems...

You know, i was thinking exactly the same thing!

Mine produced a lot of heat. Every now and then I had to put the laptop on it's side to use. Eventually, though, the motherboard just went.

I wish I had got an extended warranty.

Never had a problem with Vista, though.

Loving Vista Home Premium so far :) runs like a dream. Only had a few incompatibility issues with drivers so far, and in all instances was able to find the right ones with a bit of browsing.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the user images at the log in screen? I like to make my own :D

I'm using my avatar, 125x125 seems good, or just make it bigger and let it resize.

Ya I'll probably just do that then, cheers.

Quick question that may well have already been asked (sorry) but how do I turn off all these prompts saying I need to give permission as an administrator before removing or moving files around, and allowing programs to run?

Control Panel> User Accounts> Turn User Account Control on or off.

It was kinda funny at the start and reminded me of Linux but its just too annoying.

Control Panel> User Accounts> Turn User Account Control on or off.

It was kinda funny at the start and reminded me of Linux but its just too annoying.

Thanks, that's perfect. Although I now have a security centre message telling me off about it and a red "x" shield in my taskbar that's also annoying... any way to lose them? (These questions sound really noobish, I assure you I formatted, partitioned and installed Vista this morning with no issues, got my broadband up and running and have begun customising all my settings :heh: just that some of the obvious things seem... less obvious than they should be!)

Thanks, that's perfect. Although I now have a security centre message telling me off about it and a red "x" shield in my taskbar that's also annoying... any way to lose them? (These questions sound really noobish, I assure you I formatted, partitioned and installed Vista this morning with no issues, got my broadband up and running and have begun customising all my settings :heh: just that some of the obvious things seem... less obvious than they should be!)

Don't worry Shorty, mate. I had the exact same problem. In the end I turned the user control thing back on because I found the constant red cross and message popping up more annoying!

Haha, I have no doubts of your expertise.:p

To all of you with the same problem, go to the warning in the task bar, and theres an option to the left: "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and choose the option you prefer.

Nice one :D cheers. I think I didn't notice that option because there was no icon to accompany it o_O

Don't worry Shorty, mate. I had the exact same problem. In the end I turned the user control thing back on because I found the constant red cross and message popping up more annoying!

Same here

Haha, I have no doubts of your expertise.:p

To all of you with the same problem, go to the warning in the task bar, and theres an option to the left: "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and choose the option you prefer.

Sweet! +1 brownie point to Shino! (if we had rep...)

MS will soon be releasing a Vista Performance and Reliability Pack to all Vista users, which sounds a little like Service Pack 0.5 to me!

Here is a list of some of the improvements:

* Increased compatibility with many video drivers.

* Improved visual appearance of games with high intensity graphics.

* Improved quality of playback for HD DVD and Blu-ray disks on large monitors.

* Improved reliability for Internet Explorer when some third party toolbars are installed on Vista.

* Improved reliability of systems that were upgraded from XP to Vista.

* Resolves an issue where creating AVI files on Vista may get corrupted.

* Improves the performance of Vista's Memory Manager in specific customer scenarios and prevents some issues which may lead to memory corruption.

MS will soon be releasing a Vista Performance and Reliability Pack to all Vista users, which sounds a little like Service Pack 0.5 to me!

Here is a list of some of the improvements:

* Increased compatibility with many video drivers.

* Improved visual appearance of games with high intensity graphics.

* Improved quality of playback for HD DVD and Blu-ray disks on large monitors.

* Improved reliability for Internet Explorer when some third party toolbars are installed on Vista.

* Improved reliability of systems that were upgraded from XP to Vista.

* Resolves an issue where creating AVI files on Vista may get corrupted.

* Improves the performance of Vista's Memory Manager in specific customer scenarios and prevents some issues which may lead to memory corruption.

Ceeelebrate good times...

COME ON!!