Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Does anyone know how NFC is shaping up in the UK? Its one of the few things I want in my new phone (assuming a new phone to be at least as good as the current one). I know store wise its still kind of limited.

Not due to upgrade until December (and may even wait until after that) but phones out now may just be in my price range then :heh:

• 5 years later...

Is this the right thread for this?

My Galaxy S6 is getting hot [not warm] during videochat. I read on some Google hits that a hard reset is recommended. I think they mean the kind of reset where you have to hold a certain combination of keys for 10 seconds.

Is this true/legit?

• 2 years later...

I can't for the life of me work out what this icon means on my new phone - the one on the left. I've tried turning various things on and off, and it won't go away, so I'm assuming it's something important? Anyone else have this? Its on Android 9.507d286e656939ae3fefc6ace78e65d4.jpg

It’s NFC for things like paying with your phone. If you go into your settings you should just be able to type in NFC and then turn it off if you don’t think you’ll use it.
Aaaah, brilliant, thank you. Been bugging me for ages.