N-Europe

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up to anyone with a 3 contract.

I'm 12 months into my 24 month contract and lately I've been having really bad signal, since about August infact. Anyway yesterday I gave them a ring to complain and gave them a few postcodes where signal was bad. It turns out that since August they'd scrapped the 2G service across the country so whenever I wasn't in a 3G area i would get no signal at all.

Anyway long story short, they let me out my contract without charge and I get to keep my phone. Win :)

I bought the San Francisco a week ago. Like Odwin I've unlocked it (very easy) and also installed a custom Rom (again quite easy).

Basically it acts like a phone worth a lot more than it actually costs. The camera is the only negative, it is very bad. This doesn't really effect me though as I never user a phone camera.

I bought the San Francisco a week ago. Like Odwin I've unlocked it (very easy) and also installed a custom Rom (again quite easy).

Basically it acts like a phone worth a lot more than it actually costs. The camera is the only negative, it is very bad. This doesn't really effect me though as I never user a phone camera.

So you'd recommend over the HTC Desire?

Why would a Windows 7 phone come in handy at work?

Speaking of phones at work, my HTC Hero has saved the day a few times at work. We had massive problems getting the internet working when we moved location (mainly due to BT trying to activate the broadband the day before they installed the phone line) so I used my phone's internet and let necessary people connect to it via WiFi to share it.

One of our USB WiFi dongles also stopped working. While we were waiting for a new one, my phone acted as a temporary WiFi dongle.

I pointlessly made a thread over on general without thinking about coming here.

I want a "nice"/"fancy" (relative to my falling apart phone) phone, for the first time in my life. I want it to be under £200. In fact, as close to £100 as possible. I don't understand phones or pricing. I just want the handset, not fancy contracts (I don't think).

Tell me what I want.

I pointlessly made a thread over on general without thinking about coming here.

I want a "nice"/"fancy" (relative to my falling apart phone) phone, for the first time in my life. I want it to be under £200. In fact, as close to £100 as possible. I don't understand phones or pricing. I just want the handset, not fancy contracts (I don't think).

Tell me what I want.

Orange San Fransisco fits that description perfectly (90 quid on payasugo) and everyone on here seems to love it. I want it but can't quite justify it from what I have already.

orange_san_francisco-540x457.jpg