N-Europe

It's £13.99 for top tier handsets. Blame the iPhone crowd, there's more insurance claims made on those handsets due to theft, loss or damage than all of the other mobiles on the market. It's pushed the cost of insurance up, especially on the most expensive handsets.

Yeah sucks, when I was considering getting an iphone I rang up to see if it was covered on our house insurance as it says high end mobile phone cover on our policy, doesn't include the iphone or other designated smartphones though :nono:

Why on house insurance?! Its not even worth claiming, because the cost goes up a lot, probably more than the cost of the phone. (and there's an excess fee too)

dads house insurance brother got his blackberry insured on it without any extra costs...and minimal excess although my dad has been with same house insurance for like 20 odd years and made no claims...he got his phone nicked from gym locker and claimed no worries.

It's £13.99 for top tier handsets. Blame the iPhone crowd, there's more insurance claims made on those handsets due to theft, loss or damage than all of the other mobiles on the market. It's pushed the cost of insurance up, especially on the most expensive handsets.

I was assuming you meant now :hmm:

I'd have thought it was down to the thiefs myself.

will you see if gpodder works well...yeah noticed the ovi store for n900 isn't up yet and found http://maemo.org/ for such devices?

just followed that link you gave me to buy it...showing up as;

Nokia N900 (Contract)

Your Plan £25 + Web

300 Minutes + Unlimited Texts

+ Unlimited Mobile Web

£29.39

per month

24 month

contract

3 Months Mobile Insurance : FREE

Royal Mail Special Delivery : £3.99

TOTAL : £3.99

is that what you paid? also did you have to pay first month upfront?

meh that deal isn't as good now, now its:

Deal Price: FREE

Your Plan £30 + Web

+ 700 Minutes

+ 250 Text

+ Unlimited Landline

+ Unlimited Mobile Web

+ 3 Months Free Insurance

on vodafone...no go for me due to total lack of texts...shocking how much worse the deal is...I won't be getting it now if thats the only contract option...

EDIT:

Actually found other deals thats are the same but different...still getting it lol!

Edited by flameboy

Just grabbed myself a 16GB 3G iPhone off AVForums. Bit of a change of plan, I was looking at either the 16GB 3GS, the Motorola Milestone or Nexus One. In the end all three had major reasons not to buy. Gonna use this to tide me over until the new iPhone/HTC Bravo/Motorola Sholes Tablet are released.

Should hopefully be here by the weekend. Can't wait! :D

hmmm I've been mulling back over getting a 3GS...had settled with deciding would get a n900 but on the same contract minus 3 months free insurance can get an iphone 3GS:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/price-plans/24-months-300-minutes-unltd-texts-30?dependantSkuIds=sku2200034

hmmm get paid friday so its decision time then...whilst the more free form nature of the n900 interests me if the support doesn't end up being there am stuck with it...but do I want to follow the masses and get an iphone? have to admit there are a ton of games I'd love to have for it, which may end up on the n900 given time (the likes of flight control are available already) but its still an unknown force.

Also love the maemo OS of the n900

Edited by flameboy

Don't be crazy. N900 rapes it. Hard.

Mario Kart > Any game the iPhone could throw at it.

You say "For the same price I can get an iPhone" thats like saying "For the same price I can get an inferior product" Comeeee onnn.

There is already support. :)

lol I probably am still gonna go with the n900 tbh just having the hmmm....need you to tell me where you got the odd bits and bobs from once I get it. Will order it first thing friday so hopefully with special delivery will turn up saturday?!

Current mobile rumour is that apple are set to release the iphone 4G in april. Sporting what may be a Cortex-A9 processor from ARM, and an OLED screen. Sources suggest this is in response to the release of high end android based handsets.

Source 1: http://www.i4u.com/article29989.html

Source 2: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01/12/apples_next_gen_dual_core_iphone_could_debut_in_april_report.html

See yah at lunch.

My friend has this phone and I wouldn't recommend it. In paper its pretty good, but he's a had a lot of problems with it. The software is pretty buggy which isn't surprising because it runs Windows Mobile but he's also had a lot of problems with the touch screen and the camera not having worked from day one.

I ordered my hd2 on monday and received it 24 hours later. The phone is awesome, loading apps or the net, multi-tasking+ the touchsscreen is very smooth. I haven't faced any lag at all, even with Facebook, Twitter, media player, MSN running at the same time. I think your friend just had a faulty device tbh. The hd2 definitely the best phone i've ever used. Plus its so damn good looking lol

ps i'm using the hd2 to post woo

April? Egad, the 3GS won't even have been out for a year, and I have an 18 month contract that started when it launched.

It's part of Apple's new strategy, they're no longer sticking to set times for product launches because they've been seeing massive dips in sales on the months leading up to them. They're going to launch at random times now to combat this. As a result the 4th iPhone pretty much had to come out less than a year after the 3GS, otherwise they'd see the annual dip in sales in April and May again.

Pretty glad I've only spent £250 on a 3G now, should be able to get most of that back (maybe £200?) come April.

I ordered my hd2 on monday and received it 24 hours later. The phone is awesome, loading apps or the net, multi-tasking+ the touchsscreen is very smooth. I haven't faced any lag at all, even with Facebook, Twitter, media player, MSN running at the same time. I think your friend just had a faulty device tbh. The hd2 definitely the best phone i've ever used. Plus its so damn good looking lol

ps i'm using the hd2 to post woo

You've got to admit it's a bit of a brick! You could get a small family car which still pales i size to the HD2.

It's part of Apple's new strategy, they're no longer sticking to set times for product launches because they've been seeing massive dips in sales on the months leading up to them. They're going to launch at random times now to combat this.

So they'll launch at random times, but tell people that they're announcing something so that everyone will know when to expect the next one, hence causing the same problem...

So they'll launch at random times, but tell people that they're announcing something so that everyone will know when to expect the next one, hence causing the same problem...

Heh, it's Apple. Who says they have to make sense? :laughing: It could just be an excuse to release more models of everything to try and get people to upgrade more often...

Current mobile rumour is that apple are set to release the iphone 4G in april. Sporting what may be a Cortex-A9 processor from ARM, and an OLED screen. Sources suggest this is in response to the release of high end android based handsets.

Source 1: http://www.i4u.com/article29989.html

Source 2: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01/12/apples_next_gen_dual_core_iphone_could_debut_in_april_report.html

See yah at lunch.

facepalm.jpg

It's on a few other sites too. There's been rumours about an early launch for months off the back of something someone at Apple said about new strategies to avoid the sales dip before big product launches. It's also backed up by Vodafone, Tesco and Orange taking on 3G and 3GS stock and O2 being seemingly desperate to shift stock (they've taken to giving away the 16GB model for free on a very good £35/month tariff to existing customers). I know there's more signs suggesting it could be an earlier launch than normal, but I'm not a particularly avid Apple follower and can't really remember what else I've read and where I've seen it.