Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

The whole 50 Years On thing is a savage joke. So if Terry had put it in, gone left a few inches, the United players would have sodomized the Munich Memory?

A few inches between Fate and They Didn't Want It Enough?

At least we beat the Champions of Europe twice this year.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to United, and pity to Chelsea who once again attempted to cheat to get their way. Anyone see Joe Cole hold his hands to his face and fall down after HE attacked a United player. Some nice saves from Van der Sar as well, feel sorry for Terry but hey, thats the game really.

Was at the Measure watching this, should of heard every single person laugh and cheer when Drogba was sent off, and have a fit of rage everytime Chelsea did something out of the ordinary. It's only a pity that United can't do an open top bus tour with both trophies after the events of the Uefa Cup, would have been nice to see.

Congrats to United, and pity to Chelsea who once again attempted to cheat to get their way.

Yes indeed, they should follow the example United set, a bastion of fair play and sportsmanship.

Except Tevez wanting to push up when the ball was kicked out for cramp, or Tevez again grabing Makalele's head in Chelsea's penalty box or Hargreaves holding his nose after being knocked on the side of the head, he seemed to recover pretty quickly when the decision went against him...

Neither team "cheated" more than the other, grow up.

As for Drogba, I hope his red card is the last ever contribution to Chelsea.

I don't understand this attitude that Chelsea 'buy' success and Man United don't - Rooney £26m, Ferdinand, the most expensive british footballer in history at up to £33m, Carrick £18m...

I think its the fact that Chelsea are only successful because they have spent all that money, before Abramavich game they were nothing like the team they are now. No one is denying that Man United have spent lots of money but the core of their success was from home grown talent, the likes of Scholes, Beckham, Butt, Neville, etc and cheap buys like Schimiecal (sp?).

The majority of United's big buys came after they had been successful for a while.

argh 20 mins to go to kick off till my most tense 2 hours of the season!

This.

We should get it really. No reason we should be beaten by Dundee United but you never know with this kind of game.

Do it for Tommy.

Super Champions League Final! Feared it may have been a repeat of the 2007 FA Cup Final, but it was the complete opposite. Drama all the way through, even rivaling AC Milan vs. Liverpool in 2005 for excitement.

I dislike Chelsea, but I did feel a little sorry for them, especially Terry. Apparently if Drogba had been on the pitch he would have taken the 5th penalty. Ronaldo's poor penalty effort deserved to be saved, though he did score an exquisite header.

The CL went right down to the wire to round off a great season...well not quite yet, there's still the Play-offs ;). Here's hoping next year's as good.

I think its the fact that Chelsea are only successful because they have spent all that money, before Abramavich game they were nothing like the team they are now. No one is denying that Man United have spent lots of money but the core of their success was from home grown talent, the likes of Scholes, Beckham, Butt, Neville, etc and cheap buys like Schimiecal (sp?).

The majority of United's big buys came after they had been successful for a while.

Is Abramovich splashing millions on players really any worse than the Glaziers being allowed to plunge United into 750 million debt. Love the FA's fit and proper test for new owners. Letting an utterly bonkers debt plan through, a man with a horrific human rights abuse record, 2 clueless Americans, 2 Russians who both have very questionable business practices. You have to wonder who would actualy fail it.

OH YEA COME ON UNITED!!!

Never been so happy after a cup fianl before, my heart was in my mouth the entire match. When it came to penalties I was crapping myself.

Why everyone feeling sorry for Terry? I hate the prick no idea why but I always have, If any Chelsa player had to miss I'm glad it was him. He is a total arse.

3 Time champs of europe :D

I was so estatic yesterday that I hugged another man. May have been my best friend but man hugs are rare for me. Ah man, really want a cup full of John Terry and Ashley Cole's tears. Throw in Lampard's too and it would have been a good day to die :D

Rangers lose 2-0 at Aberdeen

Nacho Novo gets sent off and misses his second cup final of the season

Celtic win 1-0 and retain the title

3 in a row!!!

Carlsberg don't do last day title deciders but if they did...

Champions-podium.jpg

This thread makes me laugh sometimes.

Yay, we won! Come on United!

Belfast is huge for manchester united supporters due to the fact that we are the birthplace of the greatest player to ever put on a red shirt aka Georgie Best! :yay:

True, although Bobby Charlton was born is Ashington and I don't see a disproportionately high amount of plastic mancs there...

So anyone who doesn't live right next to the team they support isn't a real fan.

Right.

Gotcha.

So anyone who doesn't live right next to the team they support isn't a real fan.

Right.

Gotcha.

the old faithfull after all. I think you are just as good a supporter. I support liverpool and live in Exeter. I travel from exeter to liverpool to watch them play and then travel back the same day. Now that is commitment:bowdown: