N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Leeds.

I think I might be a jinx to Leeds. I've only ever been to one match where they've won. And that was the Carling cup a few years ago when they were playing a lower down team. Then went to watch the next round against Man U and they lost.

Personally I blame my mum. They've lost everytime she's been to watch. And the end of the Carlisle match me and my brother were contemplating pushing her onto the pitch to get her banned.

I badly hope that Pompey kick the crap out of Cardiff today.

I am sick of hearing about Cardiff, their 'brilliant' football, their wanker of a chairman, their dump of a ground, their dump of a new ground, their prick of a manager who 'deserves' to win the cup, and their stupid singing fans.

I'm still bitter that we lost I guess but we should have won. It should be us in the final. :(

Stupid Cardiff, they should be playing in their own, Welsh leagues.

The only good thing about Cardiff City is Katherine Jenkins.

The reason I don't want them winning is that they shouldn't be playing in the cup. They're Welsh not English, GTFO.

Such a stupid argument, Cardiff have been in the English league longer than half the English teams. It's not like they did a Gretna and changed the country they played in.

I made a deal with my Motherwell supporting mate the other day, we'd beat Hibs and give them the UEFA cup spot if they could get something off Rangers.:bowdown:

Now we are 3 points ahead, Rangers have 1 game in hand, but our goal difference is better by 7. We lost the league by one goal a few years ago, looks like a bit of pay back might be on the cards now!:bowdown:

Well done Pompey! A crap final really and both Cardiff and Portsmouth were pretty poor today.

Won myself £50 too, thanks for only winning 1-0. :)

I don't think they were both poor. They both created some chances and I quite enjoyed the match. Was a good final IMO.

Why was Sean Bean playing CB for Cardiff?

I instantly thought that as well! Congratulations, you just made me chuckle to myself to a comment on the internet, in a room full of women wearing their pyjamas.

I thought the game was pretty good, especially the first half.

That was a bore fest >.> Thats what happens when 2 weak teams scrape through to the final :(

I'm sick of the top 4 teams getting through. On MOTD at the start they had clips of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all getting knocked out and a piece of paper with those teames written on it being crossed out. So what do those 4 teams define football? Is the cup rubbish without them? Well they were beaten so Portsmouth and Cardiff obviously deserved to be in the final more than them.

This is the sort of thing making football shit. If Man U loses it's "Man U played badly" not "team x played brilliantly". It's so elitist it's ruining the game.

I found it slightly boring, the game could have done with more clear cut chances, it seemed both teams got to the box and had nose bleeds. In saying that, a lot better than last years final.

It was refreshing to have a final where the winner wasn't set in stone. Congrats to Pompey and Harry Redknapp.

I found it slightly boring, the game could have done with more clear cut chances, it seemed both teams got to the box and had nose bleeds. In saying that, a lot better than last years final.

It was refreshing to have a final where the winner wasn't set in stone. Congrats to Pompey and Harry Redknapp.

Ramar it looks like arsenal are gonna sign Samir Nasri. Reports from France are saying deal is 90% done. He is a very good player and although I think he would be better off going to La Liga instead of England, Arsenal is the best team for him if England is his choice. Wenger will give him time plus Arsenal's style off football suites Nasri..

technically he is great, just needs to score more goals. £11m is a good price also considering liverpool are looking to pay £10m for Gareth Barry. Honestly Rafa is crazy. He should be trying to sign Nasri, that is what Liverpool need. Someone who can dribble and create.

Bad for Marseille as it looks like Cisse is off also. Losing Ribery, Nasri and Cisse within a space of 2 years is not good. Was hoping Nasri and Cisse would stay for another season as next year they would of been able to win the title. Hope they sign Ben Arfa from Lyon and Miralem Pjanic (he is gonna be a star in next few years) from Metz if Nasri leaves. Dunno who Gerets is gonna sign to replace Cisse though..