N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear God NOOOOOOOOOO :shakehead

this would be the worst signing on the planet.

why may i ask? hes got such heart and commitment that hes actually one of my fave players at united. i hope he doesnt leave.

Liverpool seal Barca raid

Liverpool have raided Barcelona to sign one of their prized young talents in the shape of Dani Pacheco.

The 16-year-old, nicknamed The Killer by his team-mates, was regarded as one of the best youngsters in the youth set-up at Camp Nou and only arrived as a 13-year-old from Malaga.

However, he has shunned their offer of professional terms in order to pen a three-year deal at Anfield.

Pacheco's signing is the latest in a string of youth deals tied up by the Merseyside giants in recent weeks - with Alex Kacaniklic, Marvin Purie, Mikel San Jose, Nikolai Mihailov, Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon all penning deals to join the club's academy ranks.

Barca youth coach Garcia Pimienta admitted losing Pacheco was a huge blow to the club.

"It is a great loss for the club because he is a forward with a lot of quality," Garcia told Sport.

"He has been our top goalscorer and has already played for the youth team.

"Alongside Thiago Alcantara and Gai Assulin, he is one of the cadets we had the most hope for, but nothing can be done anymore.

"Everything happened very suddenly."

The news of Pacheco's departure to England is another blow to Barca, who have lost a host of top youngsters to the Premier League in recent seasons.

The likes of Cesc Fabregas, Fran Merida and Gerard Pique have all turned their back on the Blaugrana to make the move to the English top-flight.

Taken From Sky Sports

Biscan wasn't shit, far from.

Considering at the time he was touted by Juve when we bought him he was a very good player, he played in some Vital Matches when we won the champions league and put in some incredible performances, it might of been the one where he literally took on the whole of the Bayer Leverkusen team and placed it through to Garcia, Top Stuff.

The fact is Biscan was never played in his proper position (CM) Hence the reason "Operation Biscan" failed under Houllier, They tried to make him a CB which was utter bullshit, which made him the scape goat.

I am a firm believer if a certain crazy Frenchman played him in his right position he could still warrant a starting place at Liverpool today.

IIIGOOOOORRRRRR

Me too, or rather Retro_Link got both our tickets!

Where you sat Platty?

:yay: Yeah! can't wait! :yay:

Yeah where are you Platty?!

Well I wanted to be where I sat for the Brazil game in the singing section (114- 118) but all sold out by the time I logged on.

Im now sitting in block 136 which is the opposite end of where I was before! North West I believe.

Where are you guys sitting?

We're in block 115, where you wanted to be by the sound of things! 15 rows back!

I was in block 118 when I went to the Play-off final so it's only just the other side of the corner flag!

Yep exactly where I wanted to be! I was in 115 for the Brazil game. The band will be just behind you (if they always are given the same seats)

Will be a great game with a great atmosphere!

Yep exactly where I wanted to be! I was in 115 for the Brazil game. The band will be just behind you (if they always are given the same seats)

Will be a great game with a great atmosphere!

Awesome! yeah the atmosphere of an England v Germany game in the new wembley is bound to be something special!

Awesome! yeah the atmosphere of an England v Germany game in the new wembley is bound to be something special!

It will be quieter then church I gurantee you, nothing intimidating just Moronic chanting of ING-ER-LUND, plus that god awful band that plays every 5 minutes.

Plus the Corporate Bastards

Plus the majority of the stadium who actually don't like football and are only going because they are a fan of English football and only come out every so often, and claim to know everything about football, when infact they don't and still thinks everyone blames Heskey for what ever bad happens, despite the fact he never plays for England anymore.

I fucking hate the England Football team and everything that surrounds it.

Come on the Germans!!!!!!!

It will be quieter then church I gurantee you, nothing intimidating just Moronic chanting of ING-ER-LUND, plus that god awful band that plays every 5 minutes.

Have you been to the new Wembley for and England game? No? Then shhh.

Have you been to the new Wembley for and England game? No? Then shhh.

First off Wembley is a soul less bowl, magnificent stadium but it's so god damn souless.

Secondly I don't want to go to rip-off city and pay rip-off prices for Average Football at a stadium which charges £8 for a Pie and Pint.

Granted I'll follow Liverpool there, but I can think of nothing more irritating then an England game.

First off Wembley is a soul less bowl, magnificent stadium but it's so god damn souless.

Secondly I don't want to go to rip-off city and pay rip-off prices for Average Football at a stadium which charges £8 for a Pie and Pint.

Granted I'll follow Liverpool there, but I can think of nothing more irritating then an England game.

Have you been there? If not then shut up.

I went there to see a League 1 Play-off Final where the stadium was only two thirds full and the atmosphere was amazing, It's clearly gonna be better with more people there in an England vs. Germany game. Just because you're stuck up on your high horse due to being a Liverpool supporter and thinking you've got the best fans in the world and no stadium can come close to Anfield, blah blah blah, doesn't mean you have to spout on about how other people aren't gonna enjoy themselves at Wembley. Get over yourself!

Also you don't have to buy a pie and a pint there, god knows what gives you that idea - if you're hungry just go to the Mcdonalds which is right next door.

Again this just shows that you haven't been there.

It's so not souless, far from it. Come back to us when you have actually been there.

A pint was £3.20.

And I love following England.

Again this just shows that you haven't been there.

It's so not souless, far from it. Come back to us when you have actually been there.

A pint was £3.20.

And I love following England.

Oh my god, 30p more than my local, like total rip off city :indeed:

Have you been there? If not then shut up..

No, but I can pass opinion, it's like disucssions about players, you might not have seen them play but you still pass opinion, right?

Just because you're stuck up on your high horse due to being a Liverpool supporter and thinking you've got the best fans in the world and no stadium can come close to Anfield, blah blah blah, doesn't mean you have to spout on about how other people aren't gonna enjoy themselves at Wembley. Get over yourself!.

First off, since when did I say that? I do belueve we have the best fans in the world, I don't care what anyone says reguarding that issue, and your right we don't have the best stadium in the world. I have not even compared Wembley to Anfield so thats just a stupid argument.

Plus people may enjoy themselves at Wembley, but in my view as I said Moronic Chanting of "ING-ER-LUND" and "EASEH EASEH" every 5 fucking minutes isn't my idea of enjoyment. So in my opinion "A Souless Ground with Clueless fans singing that over and over and over again, makes me want to kill my nan.

I am a firm believer that the fans make the stadium special, and so do the people and the surrounding area, and Wembley offers nothing to satisfy Myself in any of those departments.

I have heard about people who went to England v Brazil game and the only place where you could get a pint was an Off-License with some fool charging £5 per pint, but people would buy it because you literally have to walk to the other end of town to find a decent Boozer.

Wembley in my view is massively over hyped, too expensive, and the surrounding area is similar to a ghost town.

They should of builng in Birmingham, make the national stadium more accesible to other people, other then the corparate fat cats in London...

If that sort of Coroporate Shite at Wembley floats your boat and the whole bollocks surrounding it turns you on as well, fair enough.

But give me Anfield, St James's Park, Fratton Park, Villa Park, Goodison Park, Heck even Old Trafford. Any day of the week ahead of WEM-BER-LEE.

Plus people may enjoy themselves at Wembley, but in my view as I said Moronic Chanting of "ING-ER-LUND" and "EASEH EASEH" every 5 fucking minutes isn't my idea of enjoyment. So in my opinion "A Souless Ground with Clueless fans singing that over and over and over again, makes me want to kill my nan.

I have heard about people who went to England v Brazil game and the only place where you could get a pint was an Off-License with some fool charging £5 per pint, but people would buy it because you literally have to walk to the other end of town to find a decent Boozer.

Wembley in my view is massively over hyped, too expensive, and the surrounding area is similar to a ghost town.

They should of builng in Birmingham, make the national stadium more accesible to other people, other then the corparate fat cats in London...

We sing a hell of a lot more songs than just that but of course you wouldnt know cos you have never been.

Dunno who you spoke to about getting a pint as there is SHIT LOADS of bars within Wembley itself all charging the same price £3.20 for a pint. So if those people you spoke to went to an offie before hand and got charged a fiver then moreful them. However I did go to the Off licence before hand and got a pack of 4 for £2.99 so I do believe they are lying.

The surrounding area is not a ghost town, jesus, have you ever actually been to Wembley?

Infact there are quite a few nice bars, pubs and restuarants if you walk towards the wembley train station side (rather than the tube) which from the tube station is like a 10 minute walk, Hardly a marathon!!. Then of course not to mention there is only 15 minute tube journey into town if you want to drink there first.

I don't feel wembley is over hyped nor overly expensive. It's a great day out and a great place to watch a football match purely for the atmosphere.

united have officially signed hargreeves, it means that either carrick or anderson or scholes will need to be dropped and seeing how anderson needed a work permit ot get to united, i dont think he will miss many games as it wont get renewed next year.

Well that definitely makes a change from our problems in the previous seasons, which was we never had cover. The key factor is that now we are starting to get some more depth in our squad, and in midfield this is essential. All 4 players will play a big part in next season, especially as we're aiming high after this league victory. :)

All we need now is, imo, a right sided defender, for cover for Neville (although, saying that, we do have players who do the job great there when needed), and a striker or two. However, I don't think a Ruud type striker would work in such a team, as it would just be a step back. We need goals from everywhere, so we need a striker who will work for the team. Someone like Tevez, maybe.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!