N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

United were very lucky! I mean how did Rio NOT score an o.g?! It should have been 2-0 to Arsenal, but dirty United got a penalty then a free kick and despatched them both. Arsenal were all over them- Clichy was class.

Aaand, what about Liverpool eh? There was next to no atmosphere at Anfield but we got the win. Pity about Rovers having to get a goal, but 3-1 is still fine by me... even Voronin tapped one in.

Dirty? It was handball as was Arsenals goal and the freekick was a blatant foul.

However the game could have gone either way. First half was all arsenal. But towards the end of the second I think United deserved it.

That's how you get a lead and keep it chaps ;)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't think United would have got that penalty had it not been at Old Trafford. The ball was carrying hamlessly through to Lehmann, and really it looked like Gallas was trying to put his arms behind him back so it wouldn't hit them. A harsh decision really.

Guest Stefkov

That was a good game of football. Arsenal wasted too many opportunities. Adebayor had plenty of chances.

The referee was awful. Some tackles were fine but they warranted a yellow, van persie?, and some other tackles.

It's a shame referees spoil a good game in the end.

To be fair it's the one time in a very long time that I've not got any complaints losing to Man United. The match itself was great, the football was fast, it was all attacking. We missed a crap load of chances, and United punished us with set pieces. Fair game, other than our dodgy goal ;).

Hopefully Man Utd don't fuck up, and win the bastard so Chelsea don't. Likewise for the Champions league, anyone but the Chavs.

Guest Stefkov

Hargreaves needs to teach Ronaldo how to take a free kick. Seriously, that's twice Hargreaves has stepped up and slotted a free kick in the back of the net. I wish Ronaldo would just practise that kind of shot in the training ground and get it perfect instead of blowing great opportunities like he had in the first half.

Hargreaves needs to teach Ronaldo how to take a free kick. Seriously, that's twice Hargreaves has stepped up and slotted a free kick in the back of the net. I wish Ronaldo would just practise that kind of shot in the training ground and get it perfect instead of blowing great opportunities like he had in the first half.

Arsenal looked so stupid when Hargreaves took that free kick, outta the whole team only one person moved.

Arsenal looked so stupid when Hargreaves took that free kick, outta the whole team only one person moved.

I know, the rest just watched it sail in.

Story of our season eh go ahead, look good then run out of steam and lose it at the end.

If Man U don't win both competitions now it would be criminal.

It went above Van Persie, who was the only one who did jump. Are you suggesting that if the other 4 or so jumped, they'd have got it? It was a well struck goal, there was next to no way of stopping it.

Guest Stefkov

It was hardly a jump. It was more like a hop. If he'd 'jumped' he would have got his head on it and it would've been clear.

I think they were expecting Ronaldo to hit the ball, thus hitting it low straight at the wall.

I was so chuffed with yesterday's result (you should have seen me go crazy when Hargreaves struck that freekick). I got the team selection horribly wrong, but was pleased that the man I backed came up with the winner. Tevez played a master role when he came on, looked so sharp and lively. :)

I thought the first half was quite poor, with both sides looking nervous. Second half was much better, Arsenal came out stronger, but we worked our way back into it and never let our heads go down.

I'm pleased with our results this year. Beating Liverpool home and away, beating Arsenal at home and drawing away, and beating Chelsea at home. Against the big sides, we have got the results. On to Stamford Bridge now, I think we're in the right form to get something from this game.

I would have said Ronaldo was bad at free-kicks last season, but his one in CL against Roma and the 3 this season have been brilliant, with a few others being on target and swervy for the keeper.

Far from a masterclass, but a decent threat.

And can someone help me clean this up for me please?

Two friends say that Hargreaves is crap because I say he's quality, I said that a lot of people thought he was good in the world cup and they frowned and replied to me that he didn't. They blatantly haven't watched him much or are stubborn about their wrong opinions.

Pisses me off, and I know it isn't just a wind-up.

Platty, i notice you usually get the final say in this topic, any tips? :)

Do I? ermm I just post what I feel at the time and try to be as honest as I can be wether it's talking about Man United or anyone else.

Oh and thank you very much Heskey :bowdown:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!