NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Aonuma

A link To The Future. ZELDA REBOOT?

What the hell are you talking about?

I'VE REALISED NOW YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT AIDS.

I know I should lock this but I want to know what the fuck he is on about.

Isn't he refering to that fake Zelda video/artwork from before? The one that showed Zelda would be taking place in the future?

Megaton?

Well, isnt Zelda allegedly being reinvented for its next incarnation...? So in theory it could be futuristic...?

Cool, but soooo obviously fake!

It was never going to convince anyone. I mean, they released the info on April Fool's day, it was blatantly a piss take. :)

It was never going to convince anyone. I mean, they released the info on April Fool's day, it was blatantly a piss take. :)

Just a bit of fun - if you fell for that then doh.

I do like Billy the kids reviews on that site though - talk about taking no prisoners! lol

Zelda set in the future? I wouldn't mind it tbh, but it's gotta be done sensibly.

I was disappointed with the fact that when i saw the original TP trailers i felt like the game was going to be this massive war between Hyrule and Ganon, but no, it's just link going around with the rest of hyrule oblivious to the fact that they're in trouble. It just wasn't epic enough imo (that said, i'm not saying setting in the future will solve this).

Just don't make link a drug dealer with guns and its cool.

I'd imagine people are thinking this is they way the genre should go. We have had Twilight Princess which was a very well refined version of Zelda as we know it, with all those familar locations and characters. So where does the series go from here?

Zelda set in the future? I wouldn't mind it tbh, but it's gotta be done sensibly.

It could be set in the modern day, in the city of Hyrule. Link could go around strealing cars and killing innocents, trying to get to Ganon, who is actually a gang leader.

I'd imagine people are thinking this is they way the genre should go. We have had Twilight Princess which was a very well refined version of Zelda as we know it, with all those familar locations and characters. So where does the series go from here?

Having the game a bit more combat orientated (the Remote would be great for it), still having the dungeons, and involving a war in Hyrule.

I think Zelda should work its way into the future now.

I've had enough of the past.

Send Zelda to the future and you get a 3rd Person Metroid...

I'm still waiting for a female Link. Or a black Link.

Nigga stole my rupees!

I like the idea of moving it forward in time a bit but why does it have to be the future. Why can't they try one mid 1800s, an era of industrialisation, then maybe inter-war years, death of the monarchial age, then maybe late 20th century, the introduction of technology, then present, the domination of technology, then who knows.

By the way these time periods are not to suggest that Zelda be intergrated with reality. Instead use the dates as an idea for the progress of civilisation. If Nintendo were to work at it like this you could show the development of civilsations like gorons and zoras, and not have to show a sudden change. So maybe in the earlier games zoras are still flourishing, but they gradually go extinct over the games.

I dunno just an idea.

i want an e3 trailer where the crowd think its the anticipated starwars announcement and then it turns out to be link with myamoto rolled out holding a lightsabre master sword (hypothesised megton x20)

However, all start booing because starwars > zelda (and links gay)

a futuristic zelda would be cool but i think most of the images from the vid are star wars art

sorry for the late reply. ok what i meant was the actual topic itself. not my thread. the net is rife with this thing lol. the whole 'whats next' thing for zelda. unless uve been living under a rock you would know about this lol. anyways sorry for not being clear enough.

sorry for the late reply. ok what i meant was the actual topic itself. not my thread. the net is rife with this thing lol.

Only the network being accessed with a 28k modem inside your head, I fear.

Nigga stole my rupees!

Zelda: A link to the hood.

Ganondorf dressed as a pimp.....I can see it now.

naw im pretty its faster than that. im doing this through the wii. so whats that? broadband speed?

Sign in to follow this