Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but that is just a pessimistic viewpoint that I can't stand. You may have had unlucky experiences with women before, but saying all women are like that is just being ignorant, and I can't stand that kind of narrowmindedness.

sorry to break it to you, but dear Ashley wasn't being entirely serious

sorry to break it to you, but dear Ashley wasn't being entirely serious

I had a feeling, but I know he's had bad experiences and that it has affected his current viewpoints. I wasn't entirely sure how serious his viewpoints are about the subject.

Whatever the case, I didn't like coming off that aggressive (in fact I hate it :( ), but I just can't stand that kind of viewpoint and just felt I couldn't let it pass.

but it's being mocked! The whole thing undermines the sexism in the original song. That's good satire, and the opposite of what you're talking about. You're being ridiculous.

I gotta agree with this. I know, it seems I'm switching sides, but I'm not. There's a huge difference between meaning it and making fun of it. As Dan Dare says, it's great satire.

Yep, but..........

I agree, but you just said it didn't matter whether he meant it or not. Meaning it wouldn't matter if the joke was obvious or not.

It was the most obvious thing Ive seen in my life to be honest.

Do you....I mean....you do know who Ashely is? Have you seen him post before?

In rokhed's defence, I was in doubt, too.

I found someone i really like..that person has told me they like me lots too..we met last week it was amazing, best company ever!..but my mind is all over the place..they live 2 1/2 hours away..i hate the fact i'm not able to see the person now..Can a relationship that distance work? :(

Who is Ben Folds?

A very good piano rock singer! Often does comical songs with excessive swearing in em..i prefer his less jokey stuff though, he is very good in my opinion.

I found someone i really like..that person has told me they like me lots too..we met last week it was amazing, best company ever!..but my mind is all over the place..they live 2 1/2 hours away..i hate the fact i'm not able to see the person now..Can a relationship that distance work? :(

Details! Spill!

And 'yes' to the distance thing.

You can at least try. If things develop, and this person can drag you out of depression, it may be that moving closer to them is the answer?

"Its not where you spend your life, but who you spend it with." - H.L. Burton

'Course it can. :) My friend's in the same situation and it works out great for him. They both spend a lot of time online and call each other every hour (nearly literally). They meet up once in a while and have a good time.

But it depends very much on the persons and the character of the relationship. It doesn't work for some people. It's very cliché, but you're gonna have to find out yourself. :)