Give it a few years and that'll be Jim :p

Give it a few years and that'll be Jim :p

What do you mean in a few years?

=P

Maybe he meant men? =P

All those super hairy legs, chests and backs... *shudders*

'sup? :wink:

xx

Seriously? When the sun comes out, women get more attractive.

Not on average. Stunners do come out but it's hard to see past the ugos' mass of fat half the time.

Not on average. Stunners do come out but it's hard to see past the mass of fat half the time.

I think you're in the wrong place. Mainly hot poon 'round here.

I suspect you just have low standards. ;)

But I was comparing them to the winter (when there are very few attractive women in Aber), so standards wouldn't come into it.

We were given a talk about sexuality today and apparently, if someone 'chooses' to be a homosexual, we should respect that.

I truly don't believe that people CHOOSE to be homosexual, you just are! Well, in my case anyway. I'm pretty sure that if I asked all of you whether you were born gay or if it was a lifestyle choice, you would say that you were born that way but so many people think it's just a choice/statement.

People quite often ask me why I decided to be gay, it fumes me.

People are so ignorant. That's like asking why you decided to be a girl, or why you decided to be white or whatever. =P

I believe some experts argue that environments while growing up may have an effect on sexuality. Still, others argue that it's decided from birth, and whatever the case it's still not a conscious choice. I'm surprised that people actually believe that.

Update.

Me and my boyfriend are long distance. We agree to do a "semi-open relationship" thingy. He slept with someone else. He felt so bad about it he told me. I cried and felt bad about it too. We agreed the "semi-open relationship" was not for us. So we're now closed, but still long distance.

I love him too much and we suit each other too perfectly to break up anything because of this.

Sex is sex. He is his own person. The feeling of ownership is really damaging.

Liberating yourself from social constructs which dictate how you should feel when x,y,z happens is... well... liberating.

If he loves you, he loves you regardless of whether he fucked another guy.

Edited by chairdriver

I believe some experts argue that environments while growing up may have an effect on sexuality. Still, others argue that it's decided from birth, and whatever the case it's still not a conscious choice. I'm surprised that people actually believe that.

Ah yes, the good old Nature vs. Nurture debate. How they do like to argue with one another.

It's clear to most of us that a person's sexual preference for partner isn't just a lifestyle choice made at some point in your life, rather something you're born with. It still amazes me that people think other wise nowadays. The world was supposed to be more openminded but when you talk to people, it seems the opposite, or at least it does with certain groups of people who refuse to think otherwise.

I still believe people can choose. I don't think you can just write off choice completely.

People are fickle and weird beings.

I am inclined to believe it's not something that's just decided from birth. I believe the subconscious plays a large role. I don't think it's a conscious choice you can just make ... unless maybe you're pretty in-tune with your subconscious.

But again, these are mere speculations of a teenager.

I think it's more likely a combination of both the natural (from birth) and the nurture/environment/social interactions which ultimately decides what or who you are. I think too many people and "scientists" see it as being either one or the other without considering the possibility that people could be as they are because of both of these things interacting with one another.

It's something I've been learning about at Uni this semester and it's amazing to see that people still push for either camp rather than for a joint move. The evidence is there for genes being responsible for behaviours and other factors for human personalities and for becoming who were are but in most cases, the social and environmental influences which genes, or alleles in some cases, get turned on to make you who you are. [/blah]

Maybe they meant to say "chooses to tell you that they are homosexual" and put it badly?

Sometimes people say things with harsh meaning (which can be taken too literally) when they never meant to cause harm.

Update.

Me and my boyfriend are long distance. We agree to do a "semi-open relationship" thingy. He slept with someone else. He felt so bad about it he told me. I cried and felt bad about it too. We agreed the "semi-open relationship" was not for us. So we're now closed, but still long distance.

I love him too much and we suit each other too perfectly to break up anything because of this.

At the very least you've discovered something that works for the both of you ie a monogamous relationship. I personally could never have an open relationship, my house mate does and it works great for both of them. But I'm far too 'damaged' for that.

I think everybody has their nature from birth, it seems where/how you grow up affects how much you act on it.

If, hypothetically, your favourite colour was black, but you grew up in a deeply religious society where you knew it would be seen as evil to like black, you wouldn't show it. You may show something similar, like wearing dark red/purple/brown clothes etc. So if you found the same sex more attractive inside your own head, but grew up in a place/family/society/time where it would be frowned upon, you may hide it to the point where you pick out of what's available - eg. marrying someone of the opposite sex that's close to your own sex (androgynous, camp/butch, etc).

So the question: does "choosing to be gay" mean:

A. STFU it's natural there's no choice, i yam what i yam

B. I may have these feelings but my choice is whether or not to act on it

C. None of the above / other...?

I think everybody has their nature from birth, it seems where/how you grow up affects how much you act on it.

If, hypothetically, your favourite colour was black, but you grew up in a deeply religious society where you knew it would be seen as evil to like black, you wouldn't show it. You may show something similar, like wearing dark red/purple/brown clothes etc. So if you found the same sex more attractive inside your own head, but grew up in a place/family/society/time where it would be frowned upon, you may hide it to the point where you pick out of what's available - eg. marrying someone of the opposite sex that's close to your own sex (androgynous, camp/butch, etc).

So the question: does "choosing to be gay" mean:

A. STFU it's natural there's no choice, i yam what i yam

B. I may have these feelings but my choice is whether or not to act on it

C. None of the above / other...?

You could, in theory, say B. In which case that would apply to every living being of every sexuality.

Do whatever you want, you're not affecting anyone else by being what you are. The ones who feel they have a right to be offended should go right to hell!

How does N-Europe feel about PDA (Public display of affection)? I noticed today that while holding hands my mr on the bus nobody seemed to care. I know Sydney is very liberal comparded to where I'm from back in the UK and I got a few looks when we kissed goodbye but nothing out of the ordinary. I've never been too fond of PDA, I don't mind seeing a little but nothing too excessive.

How does N-Europe feel about PDA (Public display of affection)? I noticed today that while holding hands my mr on the bus nobody seemed to care. I know Sydney is very liberal comparded to where I'm from back in the UK and I got a few looks when we kissed goodbye but nothing out of the ordinary. I've never been too fond of PDA, I don't mind seeing a little but nothing too excessive.

I've no biggie with anyone holding hands or kisses.

...but attempting to insert your tongue into your boyfriend/girlfriends' rectum via the mouth is where I draw the line.

I've no biggie with anyone holding hands or kisses.

...but attempting to insert your tongue into your boyfriend/girlfriends' rectum via the mouth is where I draw the line.

Hahaha/ewwww.

While jogging around the park opposite my house I saw a guy and his girlfriend borderline eating each others face off on a bench. There must have been at least 6 children within clear eyesight of them. Found the whole situation rather inappropriate. As someone in a minority couple I do find that I do have to be careful to not offend/aggravate certain people. There seems to be more looks simply because of my boyfriend being of mixed race, even disapproval from the gay community, a community that itself should know the effects of being marginalized.