N-Europe

Metal Gear 20th Anniversary

Dante

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Theres an event tonight/tomorrow, pending where you are at, that is set to unveil 2 new MGS products and also show footage of MGS4 being played.

What to expect? Metal Gear Online getting its world debut, an on-stage MGS4 play through with series creator Hideo Kojima and two new MGS products being unveiled.

Has anyone seen the MGS4 trailer where Snake appears young at the end?!

I wanna know what the hell's going on there, I hate how Kojima always messes with the fans.

I have a bad feeling I'm not gonna like MGS4, although I said that about 3 aswell and ended up loving it.

Some put like this to me:

Snake (MGS3) kills Boss (end of MGS3) making Him big boss seeing as the rule is can only be one big boss.

Mgs1 your told that the clone of big boss (snake Mgs1) kills big boss which if rule applies making him the big boss although he doesn't refer himself as it.

seeing as you play as snake from mgs1 in 2 and soon to be 4 he is older now because of cloning process aging , so the new one has to be a newly made clone of big boss or snake coming to claim title of big boss.

In simple terms the new aged snake you see in the trailer is wanting Big boss title

Some put like this to me:

Snake (MGS3) kills Boss (end of MGS3) making Him big boss seeing as the rule is can only be one big boss.

Mgs1 your told that the clone of big boss (snake Mgs1) kills big boss which if rule applies making him the big boss although he doesn't refer himself as it.

seeing as you play as snake from mgs1 in 2 and soon to be 4 he is older now because of cloning process aging , so the new one has to be a newly made clone of big boss or snake coming to claim title of big boss.

In simple terms the new aged snake you see in the trailer is wanting Big boss title

WTF.

Why would Snake want the Big Boss title? Not even Big Boss wanted it!

MGS: 20A: MGS4 Stuff

Official Site

Gameplay Video

EVA Returns

mgs4evauw2.jpg

"Eva is in MGS4! Snakes love interest from MGS3. We see a render of her character, she is wearing dark military pants and a tan overcoat, with a pistol at her side, and dark eyes -- her face is lined and she definitely looks her age. She ditched the bikini top as well."

Screenshots

84305_1_122_916lo.jpg

84322_3_122_536lo.jpg

84311_2_122_873lo.jpg

84323_4_122_965lo.jpg

Shouldn't she be a 100 years old by now?

No because it's set in 2014 which is a 54 year time difference. I would say she would be in her late twentys/early thirties at the time of MGS3, add in the fact we will be living longer and we will have better medical care then it's not unrealistic for her to alive.

(Jordan posting)

Just watched that MGS4 demo on gametrailers.

I wasn't all that impressed to be honest.

I mean, its not a giant step forward that everyone was talking about, if they impliment some nice weather effects, it could be nice though.

Not a step forward?

The gameplay as totally changed, with rolling, use of six axis etc and the graphics are unreal. Not to mention the story, the final Metal Gear Game will probably be the best yet.

EDIT: HD version up @ Gametrailers now:http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22702.html

Guest Stefkov

Absolutely loved the statue camoflague but the floor and wall camoflague didn't realy impress me. It was nice, but it's just...who's not gonna spot a 6 foot man lying on the floor?

I only watched the gameplay video up until the real time video sequence with the tiny robot. It needed to load up more and I was tired.

Hiding in the dustbin was a pretty nice feature, and rolling in the metal bin was good.

(Can someone list the games for this, like which ones led up to MGS4 please. I've never eally followed it so I want to start the story from the beginning :) )

(Can someone list the games for this, like which ones led up to MGS4 please. I've never eally followed it so I want to start the story from the beginning :) )

MGS 1, 2 and 3, really. :)

Well, there's also the two Metal Gear games on NES.

I myself only played the first MGS in its Gamecube incarnation. I'd love to play at least the second game, the first one is fantastic.

MGS 1, 2 and 3, really. :)

Well, there's also the two Metal Gear games on NES.

I myself only played the first MGS in its Gamecube incarnation. I'd love to play at least the second game, the first one is fantastic.

I have all 3, haven't played more then an hour of any of them BUT i want to start MGS today and see if i can get into it.

Like the last poster said, 1, 2 and 3 are the mains ones but if you want to play the original Metal gear games that where on the MSX and NES, then you could buy Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PS2 which has the 2 games as an Extra.

Also, Metal Gear Portable Ops for the PSP which is set about 6 years after etal gear solid 3 might be worth buying ( I havent played that one though).

Absolutely loved the statue camoflague but the floor and wall camoflague didn't realy impress me. It was nice, but it's just...who's not gonna spot a 6 foot man lying on the floor?

I'm actually more interested in the floor camouflage even though it doesn't look minimally believeable. Statue camo and stuff like that will be a bunch of scripted events. It's a good idea though.