NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Supergrunch

Are you really like this?

Lets see...pedantic, sarcastic, argumentative, self agrandising and, hell, awesome. Yeah I'm about the same :)

I hardly talk in real life. When I do, I say as few words as possible.

In real life, I'm shy and only talk to people i have known for a while. I'm quite awkward to talk to if you meet me for the first time, as i won't say much and then blurt out something pointless and random (some people think i'm weird). Id hope to think i still am myself on here and i definately don't put on a show or try and create a new persona. Once you get to know me i can talk for ages about anything. :D

The King of Awkwardness some would say.:yay:

I'm a sarcastic, cynical fool. So Yeah - I'm exactly like in real life.

I'm pretty much the same in real life, though I'm usually a bit more spontaneous and 'funny' in real life. Text is just hard :sad:

I'm a tiny bit more confident here. Also the sarcasm again, 90% of my humour is based on it and text ruins it. This is a good topic, I wonder why I've never tried to be something I'm not on forums.

I'm probably funnier in real life (as most of you have said, sarcasm is a bitch to get across in text). I'm also more pedantic and less open in reality land... :indeed:

I'm completely different here. In real life I'm actually a 16 year old girl, I just pretend to be a 21 year old geologist to avoid get hit upon by randy guys.

Nah, not really! I'm all me baby, a happy go-lucky scamp with a penchant for long complicated words.

I think quite a few of you have hit it on the head when you say that it's just text... I don't know if you can represent a full personality with that, even if you were trying to convey it.

I find that in real life I'm introverted around people I don't know, and extroverted around those I do. I suppose here I just treat everyone like people I know.

Yeah, im as sexy on here as in real life.

Aw don't be so hard on yourself.

.......................................No i kid i kid.

Right now I'm probably feeling a lot more Emo in real life than I ever am on here.

I'd say I'm completely different - for a start I don't only talk about Lost or Heroes all the time. And I can cook!

I don't know. Sigh.

Aw don't be so hard on yourself.

.......................................No i kid i kid.

Ouch charlimit

I find it much easier to articulate myself here in an argument then what I would face to face...

If thats anything

I try to be exactly the same, but I tend to think a bit more about what I'm saying here as my words will get disected :heh: I'm also funnier in real life (honestly).

Does anyone else here come back really quickly after posting to edit the wording to make it sound better? You know, before the 'last edited' thing gets added?

Or is that weird objective compulsive little me?

Does anyone else here come back really quickly after posting to edit the wording to make it sound better? You know, before the 'last edited' thing gets added?

I use it alot, but when I'm about to word a long post I use my Voice Recognition and It rarely gets it wrong.

I do however edit it if I have an extra point to make, just to look that tad bit better

All the time, I constantly make little alterations to my posts.

Yes I really am this awesome.

Although the referring to myself in the third person thing is just for you guys. :wink:

I've been known to edit days old posts if I notice a typo or awkward wording. I do usually try to fit things in the 'invisible edit' window, though.

I come across better in text as I have more time to give a considered response; when speaking most people don't seem to understand what I'm on about.

I think most people are more articulate on forums, as they have more time to think of the exact words and phrasing before they use them. I tend to use long words in real life anyway, but it's easier to use them here.

Sign in to follow this