N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finished a video just now. Would love to know what everyone thinks.

An absolutely massive project has just landed on my desk so any tips would be appreciated. : smile:

I don't think the song fits the style. I think the style of 'wordsappearing'/whatever it would be called can be nice, and bits work really well here, just seems at odds with the song, it's not..beat-y enough. Or pacey. Too durrty and rockish.

But yeah. What was the brief/reason?

I'm not really a fan of 'She's calling all the way' (0:30) as it just feels juttery. 'Cause she can see you' (0:37) moves a bit too quick. 0:53 just feels too filler.

As we're on typography (didn't realise this is what you were referring to yesterday) one of my favourites:

I like it Daft. Typography videos are great!

Though I agree with Paj that the song probably doesn't suit this sort of style too well, but other than that it looked good to me. =)

I have another drawing I did while in Spain. Well it's the only drawing I did apart from those Christmas ones heh. Will just copy the info here from my RedBubble cause I'm lazy. =P

I had taken a list with me with a whoooole lot of random words on there, to hopefully give me some inspiration. Bottled is a word that stood out to me, so I started sketching.

The word "bottled" brought up the "message in a bottle" thing for me. But instead of just going for a normal message in a bottle, I went a bit more... surrealistic (maybe not the right word for this) and ended up with this drawing heh.

A message of love and kindness, bottled away for when you need it most.

Drawn with inks and white ecoline ink on brown paper, then I touched it up in Photoshop. I decided to sort of leave the creases in the paper (from the water/ink) because I think it adds to the image. =)

bottledsmall.jpg

A message of love and kindness, bottled away for when you need it most.

Man Ine, you rule! Awesome stuff this and the cards, so warm and positive... :) Keep up the good work!

Possibly the sexiest thing I have ever made?

No doubt :D Only thing missing is the beard / stub, but otherwise you pretty much nailed it, artichoke and all! xD And the lil' cute donkey...excellent work :)

Btw, do you have a site / gallery of your creations somewhere? I mean you obviously have great talent with this stuff, so just wondering if you're taking it outside N-E as well...

Edited by Ville

No doubt :D Only thing missing is the beard / stub, but otherwise you pretty much nailed it, artichoke and all! xD And the lil' cute donkey...excellent work :)

I tried to add some stubble, but it ended up looking more like a full beard, so I removed it. Let's just say that it's @ReZourceman during one of the two times per year when he's clean-shaven. ;)

Btw, do you have a site / gallery of your creations somewhere? I mean you obviously have great talent with this stuff, so just wondering if you're taking it outside N-E as well...

Nope (unless posting it on Facebook counts). But I post almost everything I make on here, so you're not missing anything important. :smile:

I tried to add some stubble, but it ended up looking more like a full beard, so I removed it. Let's just say that it's @ReZourceman during one of the two times per year when he's clean-shaven. ;)

Nope (unless posting it on Facebook counts). But I post almost everything I make on here, so you're not missing anything important. :smile:

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!

HOW MUCH?!

• 2 weeks later...

One in a series of postcard designs being sold in Kingston-Upon-Thames, where I love. They depict genuine local photographic scenes being "invaded" by monstrous aliens and dinosaurs.

The work was inspired by the Mars Attacks!! and Dinosaurs Attack!! cards. The prelimary work can be viewed here - http://www.hamishmash.com/post/12043432772/today-at-uni-we-had-to-make-an-item-for-an-art

kingston_under_attack_1_by_hamishmash-d4hallz.jpg

kingston_under_attack_2_by_hamishmash-d4halon.jpg

kingston_under_attack_3_by_hamishmash-d4halr1.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!