N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That camel toe on El Salsa Juandes is a bit disturbing.

Also Magnus, do you use Fimo clay for your creations? Is it easy to work with and easy to bake?

I've been considering trying it for a while, but because I'm skint I don't want to invest in something before I know a bit more about it heh.

I use Sculpey, but I have used Fimo in the past, and they're basically the same thing. They're both really easy to work with (they're basically like regular modeling clay once you've kneaded the clay for a few seconds). For baking, you just pop what you've made into an oven for fifteen to twenty-five minutes at 125 degrees. If you're worried about things slumping over, you can either make an armature or prop them up with tinfoil after you've finished them. :smile:

Though now I'm kind of worried that my things will look amateurish next to those made by a real artist. :heh:

That camel toe on El Salsa Juandes is a bit disturbing.

I use Sculpey, but I have used Fimo in the past, and they're basically the same thing. They're both really easy to work with (they're basically like regular modeling clay once you've kneaded the clay for a few seconds). For baking, you just pop what you've made into an oven for fifteen to twenty-five minutes at 125 degrees. If you're worried about things slumping over, you can either make an armature or prop them up with tinfoil after you've finished them. :smile:

Though now I'm kind of worried that my things will look amateurish next to those made by a real artist. :heh:

Haha don't worry, I would mainly use it to make jewelry stuff with. Right now I have to buy things like small flowers for jewelry, while I think I could probably make it myself too. Would be more fun. I was just a bit worried about the baking process, but it seems easy enough. =)

Think I'll look into the clay soon, see what is cheapest heh. Thanks!

While on the topic, where would you find such clay? Is the internet the only place or could you find it in any good art shops?

I've worked, somewhat, with clay in the past. I find it can be much more enjoyable than other mediums and your little creatures look lovely and non-pretentious. Good for a semi-beginner like me* :)

*Absolutely no offense meant :p They're really great.

I'd say you can find it in most good art shops really.

If you want to try clay, you could also give self-hardening clay a try. It's more like real clay, but instead of having to bake it in a special oven, it'll dry by itself and you can paint it afterwards. =)

Yeah, Ine's right. Most art shops I've visited have had Fimo and/or Cernit (though I don't really like Cernit, to be honest). No one ever seems to stock Sculpey, though, so I order that online (with the added benefit of having more colors to choose from!).

But yeah, you'll likely find polymer clay in any good art shop. :smile:

Maaaaan it's seriously tempting to go out and buy some of this stuff after seeing your creations! But I know the end result would be nowhere near as impressive as yours. I truly do have hands of spam :heh:

Does your girlfriend know you're gay, ReZ? :blank:

He looks absolutely fantastic. Except for the mouth. That might have been why he doesn't look as cute.

Yeah, I was going to say that's what I think, too. Unfortunately I focused too much on the eyes to notice the mouth until it was too late to fix. :sad:

Reminds me of an essay a guy in secondary school got suspended for. It was a 5 page essay about "The day you broke your leg". He wrote "I was walking to school and I tripped over a rock and it was very very very very very very very very very very....." until the end of the 5 pages, then wrote "sore".

He got suspended for that?

Wtf kinda school did you go to?

A very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very strict school from the sounds of it.

This probably isn't the most original idea ever, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw these guys:

Pan-okmon.jpg

Also, I really should take some pictures in natural lighting. I hate how the flash makes everything look terrible.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!