Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

The top one is the best; it's stunning.

The bottom 2 are too messy for my eyes.

Yeah I think I agree. I'd like to have some sort of background for it, but can't seem to get it right. It always ends up looking cluttered.

I might try to remake the top one, but a bit shorter. I prefer signatures short and wide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done some rough drawings. I know some people prefer the pencil sketches, so I thought I'd put them here before I ink them.

The first three are different compositions of the same theme. The idea with the 2nd and 3rd is that she's emerging from a dip and there's a monster behind her, but she knows that and he's not going to come out of it well! I've tinkered with the outfits, and I really like the hotpants + corded bra combo:

Bikini_Archer_Emerges_1a_by_baluchitherium.jpg

Bikini_Archer_Emerges_2a_by_baluchitherium.jpg

Bikini_Archer_Emerges_3a_by_baluchitherium.jpg

The next one is a bit odd, admittedly. He's my main villain (I don't have a name for him yet) and he was going to be holding up that male archer with flared hair, but I thought that was too violent!

Cave_Villain_by_baluchitherium.jpg

The fifth is a very messy, overworked pose that I'll be glad to ink. I'm really not happy with the face, hair or forearms yet:

Bikini_Archer_Posing_1a_by_baluchitherium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Coloured lino prints are quite difficult. Did one for my exam in 5th year. I'm sure I have a picture of it uploaded somewhere. Takes a lot of time because you have to constantly think ahead to what needs to stay and what doesn't for the layers of colours.

art1x.jpg

That took five hours of constant carving that, coupled with a massive cut as the lino tool shot into my hand :laughing:

I was the same as you though. I got to do all the printing stuff but wasn't great with painting and such and never had much of a chance to do that and have wanted to try it. So perhaps it's something I'll dabble with when I get the time.

I love linos, I did one for my GCSE which I was superproud of.. and yup the tools are indeed lethal!!

Tiger_Lino_Print___Photoshop_by_danlikestrees.jpg

(Merge of a blue copy and a red, IRL it was all red colour scheme or blue colour scheme, the stitch is obvious)

EDIT: Think I may have just randomly replied to a very old post... 'last page' my ass! Owell, owell.

Haha yeah you're right, you replied to an old post. But it's alright, I don't think anyone here minds. =P

Which reminds me, I'll be using lino for my book this year, while using a very limited colour palette (black, red and grey/blue). It's very different for me to be using this style, so I'm wondering how it will turn out heh. My teacher has been telling me to keep using this style though, so I guess it must be good enough.

Here is my first try for one of the images (still needs the text to come on the left side).

keuken2.jpg

Edit: Forgot to say, that's a great lino dan-likes-trees, I like all the different colours you used. Is it a reduction print or did you use multiple linos? =)

Edited by Eenuh

Yeah I think I'd prefer it if it was shorter, but kept the width. Problem is, if I shrink it normally it will lose the detail on the black bits.

I may shrink the heart, keep the black as it is and redo the background.

BRB.

Edit: Done:

CyberHeart32.png

Edited by Goafer

Looks nice Goafer. =)

I have a bubblesite too but I keep forgetting about it haha. Don't really see the point in it as it's the same as your gallery, just minus the comments and all that.

Anyone good with typography? I need to find the right font to go with my illustrations, but I honestly have no clue about what to use for it. I suck at typography.

I've posted them before but these are the images I have so far (images might get changed a bit, but that doesn't matter now). They are double pages, so a single spread.

keuken2.jpg

merelhand.jpg

Any suggestions for fonts?

Not Comic Sans. Never Comic Sans. :p

Also things like Times New Roman tend to come across as a bit cheap just on white, they're over-familiar.

I like font/typography...I'll have a go later.

Not Comic Sans. Never Comic Sans. :p

Also things like Times New Roman tend to come across as a bit cheap just on white, they're over-familiar.

I like font/typography...I'll have a go later.

Haha yeah, I know never to use Comic Sans haha. And stuff like Times New Roman, Helvetica etc. are not the kind of fonts I'd use in a picture book I think.

I want something a bit more special, something that goes with the lino style. I tried looking up lino-like fonts but so far nothing really worked well. A teacher actually asked me if I would design my own font but I realllllly don't have time for that heh.

If you've got Microsoft Word, have a look at the font called Sybil Green. It's kind of lino-esque styled as the the hollow areas in letters such as 'o' and 'd' are filled in which is sort of what would happen if you tried to cut out these letters in line as getting a cut out in a circle perfectly for lettering is pretty hard.

Anyway, see what you think of that. It does look like it's a lino font but I'm not sure if it'll go with your art. But you'll be a better judge than I am.

Don't have the font on my MacBook, but I just looked it up on Google. Not exactly something that would work well, as it's a bit too hard to read and too curly. But thanks for the suggestion. =)

I don't really know what it is I'm looking for though haha.

It is a hard thing trying to match a typography to lino prints. The only other suggestion I have is this: http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/lino-cut/

Looks like it's been cut in lino and doesn't look too fancy. Just the way the lettering has the little offcuts sitting off of them seems like it would sit well with the artwork.

edit: actually, it's quite expensive. Didn't see the price tag for that until I click further through the site. Oops.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!