Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

I like the above two; heart lady ,and the neon guitar one.

Cheers :heh:

Can someone please tell me what kind of program I sould be using with my Graphire4 tablet? (Thats aimed mainly at Eenuh cos you rock so much!: peace: ) I'm using Photoshop at the mo but I was just wondering if there was a better one.

Also how the hell do you get it to register the ammount of pressure you use?!? :(

This is my first attempt at being coordinated with it.....as you can see I'm finding it hard!:nono:

Get_out_by_DaftVice.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers :heh:

Can someone please tell me what kind of program I sould be using with my Graphire4 tablet? (Thats aimed mainly at Eenuh cos you rock so much!: peace: ) I'm using Photoshop at the mo but I was just wondering if there was a better one.

Also how the hell do you get it to register the ammount of pressure you use?!? :(

This is my first attempt at being coordinated with it.....as you can see I'm finding it hard!:nono:

Get_out_by_DaftVice.jpg

Haha, thanks for the compliment! X3

Well I personally use Photoshop too and think it's probably one of your best options. I mainly use it to colour in scanned images or just to start drawing from scratch.

Other programs you might want to check out (though I haven't really used them much personally) are Painter and Open Canvas. But you should be fine with Photoshop really.

About the pen pressure, I had to look this up myself cause I couldn't remember. Now, my version of Photoshop is in Dutch, so I'm sorry if the things are named differently in the English version. X3

First, go to your Brush tab, which should be on the top right of your screen somewhere. If not, you can go to Window > Brushes.

In there, select Shape dynamics (should be the first thing). For the shape of the brush, you can then select pen pressure from the drop down box.

If you also want to control the opacity of your brush (or something like it), you can go to Other dynamics and again select pen pressure for it.

Hope that was clear enough; difficult to explain when you don't know the right names for the things. X3

wallpaper_polariceinc.jpg

I'm starting my personal Portfolio website (I hope) sometime soon and this was one of the first of the images made together with my logo for 'Polar Ice, inc.' (it's from a Dutch song, 'Poolijs'). I'm not quite the illustrator myself, but I find it pretty good (I'm skilled at Illustrator, bit i'm not an Illustrator by heart, more of an Graphic Designer). Whaddaya think?

By the way, feel free to use the wallpaper. No slicing, though.

Very nice .

Thanks for the comments on my Smash Bros. mock-ups. : peace:

Funny you guys mention Photoshop though, as despite me using it for 99% of everything I make, both of those images were actually made using GIMP which I downloaded recently to try it out after someone told me it was just like Photoshop.

I didn't believe them of course, but now that I've spent some time with it... Wow! Seriously cool program. Not going to make me switch from PS, but still very impressive. Even more so considering it's free! :o

You just know there is going to be hilarity when Kirby sucks down Snake the first time.
Indeed. I can't wait to see it. :grin:

Thanks for the comments on my Smash Bros. mock-ups. : peace:

Funny you guys mention Photoshop though, as despite me using it for 99% of everything I make, both of those images were actually made using GIMP which I downloaded recently to try it out after someone told me it was just like Photoshop.

I didn't believe them of course, but now that I've spent some time with it... Wow! Seriously cool program. Not going to make me switch from PS, but still very impressive. Even more so considering it's free! :o

Indeed. I can't wait to see it. :grin:

gimp was originally created by a bunch of guys who couldn't afford photoshop and more people added onto it and now it has many features of photoshop.

i used to use this to to remove the backgrounds on things before i got photoshop.

I miss drawing, but I'm too lazy to "learn" again. Looking at my drawing when I was little I was amazingly talented, my DBZ and Sonic drawings were very close to the original artwork. And learning how to ink and this and that makes my head spin.

;473835]Just want some opinions on this wall. Think I may have gone a bit overkill with the blood so made two versions;

bloodpx7.jpg

blood2xs7.jpg

Wasn't going for anything fancy' date=' just wanted a simple Dexter wall. Thanks.[/quote']

I actually prefer the one with more blood on it. Oh, and I hate your avatar and your signature... it's so... boysband-like. Hate it, sorry.

Here's my latest work:

lettersea-2.jpg

I've decided to stop using Photoshop for a time, so all my work is illustrator.

I actually prefer the one with more blood on it. Oh, and I hate your avatar and your signature... it's so... boysband-like. Hate it, sorry.

Jeez I can't have any joy can I? :p Its fun and silly and I like it. Plus it promotes a good cause so its staying until I can be arsed to make another! :p

Thanks for the comment on the walls though.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but the following is hardly thread worthy. just wanted to post my first real attempt with my new tablet. Pretty awful, especially the proportions but it shows the advantages of the tablet compared to more traditional mediums.

homerandthepigqs2.jpg

Each bit I did gets slightly better (homer < pig < beer mug) so that a positive of sorts.

Was it made in Photoshop, Illustrator or Paint? No wait, it can't be Illustrator. Seriously, if you have a tablet and want to make drawings: use illustrator? It'll keep your lines razor-sharp and prettier to look at. Just a general tip. And if you have a professional tablet, you can make illustrator create thicker and Thinner lines depending on your pressure. Awesome, no?

Was it made in Photoshop, Illustrator or Paint? No wait, it can't be Illustrator. Seriously, if you have a tablet and want to make drawings: use illustrator? It'll keep your lines razor-sharp and prettier to look at. Just a general tip. And if you have a professional tablet, you can make illustrator create thicker and Thinner lines depending on your pressure. Awesome, no?

Corel Painter sir.

I may give illustrator a try. What other advantages does it have over Painter. Painter is pretty great, has like 4 billion different brushes/materials to fiddle with.

As for the tablet, its a Wacom Volito 2, cheapest Wacom around at £40 but serves my purpose. It has pressure sensitive but I'm not very good at pressing lightly.

Also, thanks for the tips m8.

EDIT: Rushed this out to see if I could handle a quick pencil sketch with the tablet. Took about 20mins. Not that pleased with it, lots of room for improvement, but a start. Any tips m8s?

scribblybaldmangh3.jpg

I decided to draw today, as I haven't done so in quite a few years. Armed with a totally crappy pencil, 3 hours of sleep, heat and pencil sharpener I wipped up 2 quick Air Gear sketches, unfortunately I only have the cell phone camera and one of them is barely visible :/

30-07-07_2041.jpg

30-07-07_1947.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!