NEurope
Mokong

Anyone Else Notice Something Missing?

I was just thinking today, that something felt wrong, something was missing, i knew it was something to do with the games industry, but i just couldn't put my finger on it. Then I remembered that this time last year I was doing my final exams of my 3rd level course, and that reminded me of something else hat happened this time last year.

E3

It's now May, the first May without our beloved E3 event, no hype, no rumours, no people claiming to have inside info on what is going to happen over the 3 day event.

No staying up till all hours in the morning watching a live feed of press conferences, while in a massive MSN chat with N-E members/Staffers.

And (for the N-E staff), No worrying about our servers overloading from the massive influx of hits that E3 brings this site, no having to temp close a number of boards on the forums in an attempt to prevent massive slow down due to excessively high numbers of people on the forum at the one time.

No having to prevent members from creating new threads, while the mods/admins try to create "official" threads for every possible topic/game to prevent multiple thread creations.

No massive work load for the N-E mainsite staff for news posting, screen shot uploading, adding lists of newly annouced games to the database, preview articles, and feature articles on the event.

My god May has become just an ordinary month now, where's the excitement?

Bring back E3 now, we miss it :weep:

We'll get our fix of gaming news in July. That's when E For All is, right?

E for All is in October.

E3 2007 is July 11 – 13. It's smaller, It's basically missing on the small developers we don't give a damn about, and companies can't make massive floors - they have 400 square feet to stick to.

E for All is in October.

E3 2007 is July 11 – 13. It's smaller, It's basically missing on the small developers we don't give a damn about, and companies can't make massive floors - they have 400 square feet to stick to.

Ah, I see. I thought E for All completely replaced E3. This is even better then, TWO big gaming expos!

Yes, I miss E3 :(

Funny i was thinking about E3 and May a few days ago.

I felt something missing as well. I miss the hype, the fake news and then the actual official news which gets me excited for the rest of the year. I want E3 back!!!

OMG ye! I totally forgot. I remember all the previous years when I was on a 1p a minute tariff with my Internet connection, and I would tell my mum that I would be on-line a lot this certain week as it was E3 week :heh:, so I was allowed more than my 90mins daily limit. Plus E3 always had to happen during the exams period.

Sigh....those were the days...

Yeah I thought about this the other day. It's weird.

Yeah it does seem a bit odd this year without all the news and rumors that E3 used to bring. Here's hoping the new shows in July and October will be just as eventful.

..I have to say I miss it too.. it always felt good that even though exams were coming up there was E3 to look forward to, and everything that comes with it.

I almost looked forward to it more than my birthday in May..

E3 was always hype with do pay off. E For All will be the same, and once again I'll be watching the screen for all three conferences live.

E3 was always hype with do pay off. E For All will be the same, and once again I'll be watching the screen for all three conferences live.

E for All is just a public event. E3 2007 is the press event with all the conferences.

For E for All in October, Nintendo are the flagship company. Sony and Microsoft haven't decided if they will be attending.

Bring on E3...

Tbh, i've missed the May fun... I really have, this month has seemed empty without it.

I really enjoyed the hype and stuff. Just hope that the other gaming events can try and instill the same excitement that E3 did. :cry:

They need to hold more gamestar live type events :(

Yeah, the one I went to was fun.

I hadn't even noticed the lack of E3. Press conferences are always fun though.

E3 was like Xmas to me! I loved every minute of it!

I'm gutted it's not going to be the same, I loved the big "huzzah" it created! Looking forward to E3'07 and later in the year E for All though!

I'm actually pretty happy E3 isn't in May anymore! It was seriously affecting my exams and my study!

F5ing in the early hours of the morning was not the most productive way to spend the days before uni exams!!

I do miss it though...

Yea it feels really weird not rushing on PC for news,And what's crap is when the E3 is on in July i'm on holiday :(

Better be internet somewhere,after all i'll be in America :)