N-Europe

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

The first film got slated but I personally enjoyed it and im looking forward to seeing the sequel, Human Torch FTW!

I think the first film was the worst film I have ever seen. Or at least watched at the cinema. :laughing:

Ioan Gruffudd, in an interview with AICN, has stated that Galactus will appear in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Director Tim Story wrote on his MySpace space on the same subject: "There continues to be much speculation about Galactus. Major speculation. We haven't finished the design of him/it so be careful about what you read and believe."

From Wikipedia.

I seen the trailer for this last night and it did look pretty cool,especially with the whole power thing.And the Silver Surfer did look pretty cool in the trailer.

I haven't seen the first one,but this does look alright actually.

From Wikipedia.

I read this on Wikipedia.

Per Ioan Gruffudd, Mr. Fantastic in the films, "His presence is felt in the movie. He doesn't physically appear."[citation needed] On March 2, 2007, Tim Story via his myspace blog that Galactus will appear in some form in the movie

I can't wait to see Galactus,

I wouldn't expect too much, it's sounding more and more like it's going to be a botch job like Venom in Spiderman 3 rather than the proper Galactus.

anyone else see doc doom in the trailer?

US, April 19, 2007 - Laurence Fishburne will not voice the world-devouring villain Galactus in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, as had been previously rumored. Instead, as industry insider mags Variety and the Hollywood Reporter reveal today, Fishburne will voice the Surfer himself.

During production on the flick Silver Surfer was played by actor Doug Jones, but only his animated-over physical references will make it to the big screen.

Internet rumors began to swirl earlier this week when speculation surfaced that Fishburne would voice Galactus. This news came hand-in-hand with reports that the comic book villain would appear only as an intergalactic storm cloud. The latest, per Variety, is that the studio hasn't decided if Galactus will even speak.

Fishburne joins Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis on the Tim Story-directed flick. The Matrix thesp began voice work this week on the film which is set for a June 15 release.

And while we're on the subject, be on the lookout for this sweet in-theater display. Thanks to JJ for the pics!

ign for the source

Saw the trailer for this at Spider-man 3, I really disliked the first one, renaming it The Fantastic Bore. But the introduction of the silver surfer is tempting me to see it. I never was a big fan of marvel cartoons/comics, so could someone clear up this question, I'll slap it in spoiler tags just incase.

Wasn't the silver surfer a good guy, the trailer kind of makes him out to be a bad guy. Or is that just what they want the viewer to think?

I hated the first one. Didn't have enough action in it for a super-hero film. The only thing I enjoyed was The Thing. Always thought it was Edgar from 24 who played him, but I was wrong.

New one, does looks promising tho. Great locations in the trailer.

I read this on Wikipedia.

I wouldn't expect too much, it's sounding more and more like it's going to be a botch job like Venom in Spiderman 3 rather than the proper Galactus.

I'm going to see Spiderman 3 tomorrow, but I didn't know Venom was a botch job!!! I have thought that Topher Grace isn't big enough to play Eddie Brock, but I will wait and see what I think tomorrow.