NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

Reyes was crap at least Freddie put in tons of effort to help defend. It was like Freddie was given instructions not to venture forward to often but later on when he was allowed to move forward he was much better and he still had the energy to track back.

Henry gave the ball away loads last night, wasn't his fault all the time though, he had no support at all. I thought Hleb played quite well actually, he seemed to get the ball a lot and actually do something with it. Clichy was immense last night, first senior game since November. :)

I can't decide whether I want Arsenal to win the Champions League or not. If they do, that's good because I like Arsenal, but if they do Celtic will have to qualify to get into it next season and they don't have a good qualifying record....

what do you mean, it's only 3 times we've failed to qualify :P

what do you mean, it's only 3 times we've failed to qualify :P

Basle, fair enough. They got through to the 2nd round and we got to the UEFA cup final that year.

Bratislava - don't get me started....

Who else?

What I can't understand is how the papers are going, "SHEARER FORCED TO RETIRE DUE TO KNEE INJURY" he was about to retire in a few weeks anyway.

But it would have been nice for him to have a proper send off, know what I mean?? Not through this injury but in front of St James Park and all the fans....he can't now can he::shrug:

Basle, fair enough. They got through to the 2nd round and we got to the UEFA cup final that year.

Bratislava - don't get me started....

Who else?

Cratia Zagreb in 98

But it would have been nice for him to have a proper send off, know what I mean?? Not through this injury but in front of St James Park and all the fans....he can't now can he::shrug:

It is a shame, he is a true Premier League Legend. And he was a fantastic England striker.

Maybe if Newcastle are winning on the last game of the season, they could bring Shearer on for the very last minute just to stand on the centre spot.

In smaller news, my school team (which I don't play in because I suck) just won the county league :)

Arsenal and Barcelona in the final of the Champions League!!!!

COME ON U GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

If the BBC website is to believe it appears Scolari has been offered the England job. Thoughts on this people?

I personaly think it would be a great appointment. Ive said all along it should be give to the man with the best credentials not just an Englishman because they are English. And Scolari has those, having got to the finals of both the last 2 international competitions (knocking England out both times). Basically ill be thrilled to bits as long as big Sam doesnt get it. But Scolari gets a thumbs up from me.

I would have prefered a British coach but if Scolari does come to us then we'll just see how he does

But it would have been nice for him to have a proper send off, know what I mean?? Not through this injury but in front of St James Park and all the fans....he can't now can he

I was at the match we played against west brom, and trust me he had a proper send off, a huge picture of him at the entrance the height of the stand (thanks for 10 great years I thnik it reads) and for 15 mins during the second half, the fans were all chanting SHEARER!SHEARER!

Was a great match as well, can't exactly complain at 3-0! : peace:

I took some photos if anyone wants to see them, but there a little blurred :heh:

You can't really argue against Scolari being the best out of the managers but you could argue his passion would be next to none compared to that of an Englishman!

Thats why people want an Englishman managing the national team!

I don't really mind Scolari. He's a good manager but I would still prefer an englishman. I want Steve Mclaren!!!

Anyone esle catch that england v germany thing on C5 last night? that was interesting, showed how between 1966 and that 5-1 win we lost nearly every match we played to them :(

Anyone watch Boro tonight? What a brilliant match! I've gotta take my hat off to Boro, best match I've seen this season, I can't believe they did it... AGAIN!

Lucky smoggies...How did they pull that one off!

But it would have been nice for him to have a proper send off, know what I mean?? Not through this injury but in front of St James Park and all the fans....he can't now can he

It wasn't a bad way to out for Shearer though, was it? Scoring in the 1-4 destruction derby against the mackems isn't too bad (BTW Best match I have ever been to in my life. It was bloody brilliant!). Although I would have loved him to play the last game against Chelsea at St. James'. He will probably kick of his testimonial and get subbed off.

He got a great reception during the West Brom Match. "Stand up if you love Shearer" Class!

Anyone watch Boro tonight? What a brilliant match! I've gotta take my hat off to Boro, best match I've seen this season, I can't believe they did it... AGAIN!

I know! I found myself celebrating like mad.. A great night for English football. Two English clubs in the final of Europe's biggest club competitions. Amazing.

Well played Boro. Another awesome entertaining match for the neutral. Hope they win the thing.

Loved the Boro match last night, and to think I nearly turned it off after they went 2-0 down, thank god I didn't! Really want them to win it now, have always liked the Boro so would be great to see them win something!

The most annoying thing about Middlesbrough getting to the UEFA Cup is because Gareth Southgate left Villa to win trophies, and he won the Carling Cup in 2004. Now he might win the UEFA Cup.

Although, I heard he is injured, I hope he misses that game. Shithead.

(Air guitars to Stairway To Heaven!)

Although, I heard he is injured, I hope he misses that game. Shithead.

Plain harsh. That would be one of the high points in his career. Why would you deny someone such an occasion, and wish injury upon someone. Just because he left a team to get somewhere? Jealousy can be an evil tool.