NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

Who will fill in for Rooney?...i cant see anyone that fits the description.

Peter Crouch.

Of course. Crouch and Owen = England win the world cup.

funniest thing i've heard for a while:p

Take a pick from Crouch, Bent or Ashton. All of which can do the job just fine.

Luckily we have two great scoring midfielders - Gerrard and Lampard.

Shame Lampards shit for England and Gerrards not much better.

OK guys, what would your Endland XI be (assuming everyone is fit)? Mine would be something along the lines of:

------------------ Robinson ----------------

Young --- Carragher --- Terry --- A. Cole

--------------------Carrick------------------

Beckham --------------------------- J. Cole

------------------- Gerrard -----------------

------------Rooney -------------------------

---------------------------Owen-------------

Chill out :heh:

Im only joking around. :)

not including rooney because hes never going to make it :P

----------Robinson----------

Neville----King----Terry----A.Cole

Beckham--Carrick---Gerrard---Downing

--------------Lampard---------------

---------------Owen-----------------

subs:

Green

Carragher

Lennon

Bent

Defoe

Crouch

J.Cole

Yeah ive gone something a bit different, given that Lampard cant defend for shit and getting Gerrrard to defend for both of them means he then rarely gets to make attacking runs. Ive pushed Lampard up to play just behind Owen and bought Carrick in for the injured Rooney, This means that carrick can sit back and allow the rest of the midfield to get forward. I went for King over Carragher purely because Carragher and Terry are very similar players. And Downing over Joe Cole because its nice to have an actual left midfielder on the left for a change. Thats how I would line up against the better teams anyway. against teams like Trinidad or whatever I would drop Carrick for Defoe.

Im only joking around. :)

not including rooney because hes never going to make it :P

----------Robinson----------

Neville----King----Terry----A.Cole

Beckham--Carrick---Gerrard---Downing

--------------Lampard---------------

---------------Owen-----------------

subs:

Green

Carragher

Lennon

Bent

Defoe

Crouch

J.Cole

Yeah ive gone something a bit different, given that Lampard cant defend for shit and getting Gerrrard to defend for both of them means he then rarely gets to make attacking runs. Ive pushed Lampard up to play just behind Owen and bought Carrick in for the injured Rooney, This means that carrick can sit back and allow the rest of the midfield to get forward. I went for King over Carragher purely because Carragher and Terry are very similar players. And Downing over Joe Cole because its nice to have an actual left midfielder on the left for a change. Thats how I would line up against the better teams anyway. against teams like Trinidad or whatever I would drop Carrick for Defoe.

I like how you've put Lennon on the bench, i think he deserves the position. Considering the great season he's having with us. Not sure about Downing tho

I would have

Robisnson

neville ------ terry -- Carragher ---- cole

------------- carrick-----------------

beckham ---------- lampard ----------- cole

---------- gerrad -----------------

--------------------- owen---------------

on the bench

crouch

lennon

ashton

downing

ferdiand

green

Any ideas on right full back, anyone? Neville is useless, Young isn't good enough either (and injured, isn't he?), and Carra is wasted in that position. This is England's one areas of weakness IMO...if only Stevie Finnan was English! :bowdown:

Neville is a wiked crosser of the ball! I'd say Michael Dawson should play seen as he has played exceptional for us, and Ledley King. But i am a Tottenham fan so inevitably biased.

Any ideas on right full back, anyone? Neville is useless, Young isn't good enough either (and injured, isn't he?), and Carra is wasted in that position. This is England's one areas of weakness IMO...if only Stevie Finnan was English! :bowdown:

Sometimes I wonder about some peoples footballing knowledge. Neville clearly isn't useless, he is a fantastic right back. And he tends to play amazing for England. He is a good with crosses and attacking throw-ins. Not to mention his great link up play with Beckham.

My England XI would be.

Robinson

Neville

Cole

Terry

Campbell/Ferdinand (dependant on form)

J. Cole

Gerrard

Lampard

Beckham

Owen

Rooney

Subs -

Green

Crouch

Carragher

Wright-Phillips

Parker/Nolan/King (verstaile midfielder basically)

As Rooney is out of the world cup, in my opinion its simply bring in the next best guy. Crouch and Owen worked amazingly well against Argentina, so I don't doubt the partnership.

Guess who won the Premiership player of the year award???

Hint, he plays for Arsenal...:wink: :smile:

Guess who won the Premiership player of the year award???

Hint, he plays for Arsenal...:wink: :smile:

Alexandre Song?

ahahahaha.

I hope Fabregas has won young player of the year award...

Why are people putting Green on the subs bench hes been crap this season. James is the obvious second choice for keeper and IMO Carson is better than Green for third choice.

Why are people putting Green on the subs bench hes been crap this season. James is the obvious second choice for keeper and IMO Carson is better than Green for third choice.

Hes actualy been pretty decen the last couple of months. And id argue its Green thats been crap more the shower of shit thats been playing infront of him all season.

David James pulled off some amazing saves in our last match against City, stopped us from scoring a basket full.

Needs to sort out his stupid errors though.

Last game at highbury...shame I'll never be able to go to the old ground.....:cry:

Oh well, I'm gonna try much harder next season to try and get to see a couple of Arsenal games. That would be awesome.