NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

Tbh I can't remember the last time I was at highbury and thought or said "great play reyes!" or after the game mentioning his name when discussing who played well.

I expected Middlesborough to walk all over West Ham............seemed like it didn't happen.

Liverpool v West Ham cup final then!

I expected Middlesborough to walk all over West Ham............seemed like it didn't happen.

I'm suprised by how many have said that, I think I was the only person who though West Ham would win out off all I have talked to about it.

Reyes does seem to be one of those players who will delight and infuriate in equal measure :)

It does seem though that teams just try to kick him off the park to stop him playing, and it does seem to work most of the time :(

Luis Garcia at Liverpool is another one, he is a good player but annoys the hell out of his own fans a lot of the time

I would much rather have players like these in my team who are capable of producing the sublime than go without them

It's because of the Claret and Blue colour scheme at the stadium that West Ham thought they were playing at home, completely forgetting their colours are more burgundy and turquoise.

i went the liverpool game and was great atmosphere!

good to beat chelsea again. west ham should be easy in the Final! going upton park on wednesday night so should be a great game..

Wednesday drew 1 all with Reading on Saturday(could have won) so great result and Sturrock wore a Kilt and the players came round to applaud the second best supported team in the championship, not bad for a team that finished 21st, after Norwich but what else can the people of Norwich do?

P4220377-copy.jpg

P4220385-copy.jpg

I agree what you guys are saying about reyes. He's the definition of inconsistent. Sometimes performs brilliantly, running at defenders, providing superb crosses and generally getting involved in the action. Other times, I wonder why we splashed out £17.5 million to Seville for him.

If he gets his mentality right, then he could actually be the player we bought...but I think this comes with age, maturity and experience. Hopefully over the years, he'll grow into a great player for the gunners. And I think he will. :awesome:

COOOMMEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNN YOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU GUNNNEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have to admit, that was a damn good save from that penelty. Really good.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE :shock:

We're the famous arsenal and we're going to Paris....PARISSSSSSS PARISSS!!!!!

Mum will be pissed, 2 days off school just before my GCSEs:heh:

Jens...what can I say. Rest of the team...did you ever actually turn on?

Ah well we're through and thats what matters. i'm shocked.

I thought the match was pretty shoddy until the last 10 mins. Im a Liverpool supporter but I like to see the English clubs do well in Europe. That was never a pen and the gunners deserved to save it and deserved the win.

I think its safe to say Riquelme has the award for the shittest penalty ever.

YEHHHH!! COME ON U GUNNERS!!!

We are in the final of the Champions League baby!!!

Even though we did play pretty shit and had to rely on a wondersave by Jens, I thought we deserved it by our performances against Juve and Real. Clichy was sick!!! But fuckin Reyes is pissing me off. He was so poor...Pires should start the final IMO.

Jens you ledge!!:yay:

He wasnt that shit, what was he supposed to do? Arsenal went there to play defensively and they did, Henry cant do much up front on his own against 3 defenders.

As that other guy said the pen wasnt a pen, deserved to be saved and to be honest over the 2 legs Arsenal deserved to go through, i just hope they dont win it. Come on Barcelona !!

Henry didn't have much support or supply upfront he got isolated.

Don't write us off even if it's Milan or Barca in the final I expect us to play better and more offensively in the final

But fuckin Reyes is pissing me off. He was so poor...Pires should start the final IMO.

I think your being a little harsh Reyes did more last night then Ljungberg, Hleb and Pires combined.

I didn't watch the game, but I heard that the Villarreal players celebrated being awarded the penalty. Tossers :indeed:

I think your being a little harsh Reyes did more last night then Ljungberg, Hleb and Pires combined.

What game were you watching, Reyes did sweet fuck all, Pires came on near the end. Ljunberg and Hleb made good runs all night, the objective for Arsenal was to hold on, not play their usual attaching football.

I was at a gig last night, and as soon as the final band finished I shouted out "Anyone know the arsenal score?" Some dude told me it was 0-0 and Jens saved a penalty. And I went mental, made my day. Can't believe it.

What game were you watching, Reyes did sweet fuck all, Pires came on near the end. Ljunberg and Hleb made good runs all night, the objective for Arsenal was to hold on, not play their usual attaching football.

All I saw Hleb do all night was give the ball away either by being caught in possesion or with a shit pass. Freddie was non existant in the first half although he picked up a bit towards the end of the 2nd.