NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

I can't see why Van Persie was subbed. If anything he was the better out of the two frowards. Adebayor was just rubbish, his touch was clumsy, he couldn't finish a good dinner, he was slow to react, and almost always made the wrong deicision. At least Van Persie is sharp and a proven goal scorer. I've yet to see Adebayor score a decent goal.

Well played to the Yiddo's, they outplayed us and should have won. Though I felt in the last few minutes Arsenal could have stolen it. Except our players are too scared to shoot from outside the box, and they try crosses when we have no one who can bloody header it, except Adebayor and we all know what an amazing game he had.

And I'm really not liking that Van Persie and Adebayor upfront partnership......at all. :nono:

Damm right

I was expecting Arsenal to bury Spurs in this game.

I think some of these comments sum up Arsenal's last few league games. It seems as if Wenger is making a bit of a mess when it comes to team selection.

Well Liverpool are 1-0 up at the moment, just need to score more as I hate it when we're 1-0 against Chelsea

This jokes been going around a bit :awesome:

What's the difference between the squirrel and Spurs?

The squirrel has more Champions League experience!

:laughing:

EDIT: YES!

you'll neverrr win the double! You'll neverr winnnn the DOUBLE!

:D

Enjoy yourself liverpool fans, hope you go on to win it. Mourinho really hates you doesn't he :heh:

Hopefully it'll all fall apart now for chelski.

LMFAO

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

oh man, that is halarious, the special ones aint that special then eh.

Mourinnho got it wrong, he wont admit it, but his tactics were bullshit. Let this rivalry continue coz I am loving it. Up the Reds.

Chelsea are just awful at the moment and they are lucky the season doesn't have 10 games left because Man U would catch them

I watched the second half of the semi-final. I've gotta say Luis Garcia's goal was just class. Liverpool played very well but they slipped up a bit when Kewell got subbed. And why did Cisse seem to keep giving the ball away when they should have been keeping it to stop any Chelsea threats near the end.

Luis Garcia's goal was siick!!! Very nice indeed.

Can't wait for tuesday....

Well done, Liverpool. Now, this just shows you what can happen if you have a manager who gets his tactics right. Liverpool won the champions league and are looking good to win the FA Cup.

I just don't understand Arsene Wenger. It's absurd how his team are fighting for 4th position. He could learn a lot from Liverpool.

have I missed something??

has Wenger said something??

cause if you remember even though Liverpool won the Champions League (now there is a misleading name) last year they didn't finish in the top 4 of the Premiership, which is the same situation Arsenal find themselves in, so what is the difference?

have I missed something??

has Wenger said something??

cause if you remember even though Liverpool won the Champions League (now there is a misleading name) last year they didn't finish in the top 4 of the Premiership, which is the same situation Arsenal find themselves in, so what is the difference?

The difference is that Arsenal are fighting for 4th spot. I highlighted it because should Arsenal really be struggling to achieve that spot? They shouldn't even be aiming for that spot in the first place, and should probably be doing better than they have been doing.

Last year, Liverpool finished 5th (i think) and got into the champions league to enable them to defend their title. Arsenal have to win the champions league first, or finish 4th. If they finish 5th and lose in the final or against villareal, they will not be in the champions league next season. (have i got that right?)

Another difference is that Liverpool have upped their game since Benitez arrived. They are serious contenders for the title next season and they are playing much better football.

Prety much correct, If they win the champo league and finish 5th, they get spurs' spot. They lose champo league and finish 5th they go to uefa cup.

Liverpool won't challenge for the title unless they get a striker who can score 20 goals in a season, their current lot don't seem able to do that at the moment

Robbie Fowler seems to be settling in OK, hopefully he will be kept on. Fernando Torres wont be a bad signing, I remain optimistic.

I just don't understand Arsene Wenger. It's absurd how his team are fighting for 4th position. He could learn a lot from Liverpool.

It's not absurd, it's understandable. This season Wenger has concentrated on bringing up all the young players he has found, and we went through dodgy phases in autumn/winter, which was bound to happen.

However the team have really started to mature since the Madrid game, and I now have a lot of respect for Wenger for the way he has developed the team, rather than just buying it. It was a risk but its now working in our favour, as the future is looking very promising what with the likes of Fabregas,Eboue,Hleb,Diaby and Adebayor getting better and better, the Emirates stadium, and the excitement of Theo Walcott.

And about Wenger learning a lot from Liverpool. LOL. I'm not denying Liverpool are a great team at the moment, and have fantastic success, but Wenger is by far the greatest manager in the Premiership. I admire Rafael Benitez, he's one of my favourite managers but Wenger has nothing to learn from him, its not like he needs a lecture on how to finish 4th from a team that didn't last season.

well said :)

Liverpool struggled into 5th last year with a team full of experienced players, wheras this year Arsenal have had to throw in the youngsters, and have so far matched what Liverpool did last year

Meh, Celtic 0-0 Rangers.. We've won the league already so it doesn't really matter all that much for us. Rangers are edging closer to that Champion's League spot though....

Liverpool won't challenge for the title unless they get a striker who can score 20 goals in a season, their current lot don't seem able to do that at the moment

If anything, Chelsea have shown that as long as you don't concede, then you can still win the premiership. Liverpool have got a pretty tight defence, and they are gradually scoring more and more goals in games now. If they can get a striker who can score 20 in a season, that would be the icing on the cake.

It's not absurd, it's understandable. This season Wenger has concentrated on bringing up all the young players he has found, and we went through dodgy phases in autumn/winter, which was bound to happen.

However the team have really started to mature since the Madrid game, and I now have a lot of respect for Wenger for the way he has developed the team, rather than just buying it. It was a risk but its now working in our favour, as the future is looking very promising what with the likes of Fabregas,Eboue,Hleb,Diaby and Adebayor getting better and better, the Emirates stadium, and the excitement of Theo Walcott.

And about Wenger learning a lot from Liverpool. LOL. I'm not denying Liverpool are a great team at the moment, and have fantastic success, but Wenger is by far the greatest manager in the Premiership. I admire Rafael Benitez, he's one of my favourite managers but Wenger has nothing to learn from him, its not like he needs a lecture on how to finish 4th from a team that didn't last season.

Lol, wenger the greatest manager in the premiership?

He's a great manager, but no way is the the best in the Premiership. I still believe that that honour still goes to Sir Alex Ferguson.

It's true that arsenal are going through a transitional period at the moment, and the youngsters are starting to mature. Van persie is looking great at the moment and so is Hleb, so the future is looking bright.

What i meant when i said that Arsene could learn from Benitez is all to do with the tactics. Imo, Arsene's tactics have been all over the place this season whereas Benitez has been quite solid.

I think Wenger has just been experimenting a bit since the 4-5-1 formation in Madrid worked.

I think Wenger has just been experimenting a bit since the 4-5-1 formation in Madrid worked.

Aye, experimenting with formations and players is really the only way to get the best out of your team. A 4-5-1 means that your team are very strong on midfield and continue to press forwards, which i think suits Arsenal's style of play.

It works in Europe, but I like to play 4-4-2 in the prem :smile: Adebayor and Henry are starting to work well together.

I must say though, I think Reyes has been a massive disappointment this season, hasn't lived up to that £17.5 million price tag one bit. Yes he's got the most assists in the premiership, but as a left winger he needs to run at players, shoot and generally get involved more. I don't really like him on that left midfield position anyway, afterall we bought him to be a striker as thats where he likes to play. Hmm

Reyes is one of these iffy players. Sometimes he has a great game, and sometimes he has a terrible game. A bit part and parcel. I do agree though, he should be running at defenders a hell of a lot more, he's got the pace.