NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Where Are You?

No, this isn't a location thread.

What I'm asking you is, in your life, where do you think you are? Are you content with the path down which you are heading? Do you even know where you are?

At the moment, I feel like I'm at some sort of crossroad. I'm 20, and I'm starting to feel a lot more like an adult and a lot less like a teenager. A bit sad, in a way, because it sorta marks the end of an era, but happy because a new one awaits.

For every bad thing that happens, one other thing seems to fall into place. School placement is going pretty well, but financially I am sucking. My 3 year relationship ended badly, but I seem to be getting by alright, and have found myself enjoying the company of another person.

So, where am I? At the cafe, taking a rest and letting it all sink in, on the highway to manhood.

I did my GCSE's last year, but the chance to do A-Levels was rejected, which resulted in me going to Plan B: Do fuck all.

My ambition was to be a musician, and I've spent the last year improving my guitar ability, 3 years ago I was terrible, now, I'm not, yay.

I'm hoping to get a job, but I'm not sure if it's better to wait until I'm 18 to get a job, or get a job now.

I suppose you could say that I'm in the same cafe as Flink, in fact, I'm sitting right next to him, but he doesn't realise. Yoohoo! Flinkay!

I've only just started being a teenager i still have leasons to learn and all that stuff so now is my choice in whitch path to take so im in that cafe

About to finish A-levels and go to university, so it's a turning point for me as well.

And I am fully content with this.

Nearly up to the start of my first exams in College.

I think it's gone alright up to now. There's been times where I just wished I didn't have to go to college anymore. In the end it will be worth I try to think.

I hardly go out. I'm not the partying type with friends. I don't drink so thats basically any time with my friends out the window.

There's so many things I want to do but I just havn't got the will power to get it done. I'm spending more money that I'm earning, that I wish I didn't do.

I don't have a job so I really need to get one. I keep thinking it'd be great to get one. I think of the income it could bring, but when it comes to it I just don't do it.

I'd say I'm quite happy. But not so excited that I can't wait till the next day.

Pretty content, finishing first year of a law degree at uni. Extremely satisfied as english is my 2nd language. Having a great time. Got my ass into gear and just passed my grading in taekwondo and now a red belt, after being a red-blue belt for what seems like forever. and all my affairs are sorted.

Less about it being a turning point and more about it being a point for continuation. *yes yes* (nods)

It's a bright April morning, warm with perfect puffy clouds chasing each other playfully across the azure sky. I'm sitting alone on a wall under the shade of a large oak tree. Behind me lies an ancient and remarkably well kept graveyard filled with the peaceful dead. To my left a path winds over the hill, while to my right the farm track leads back through the cattle fields. Both end in exactly the same place.

A crow caws overhead, returning with food for it's mate and chicks. In front of me lies a vast expanse of luxuriant green that seems to stretch forever over the hills, but I know it doesn't. Eventually I would be caught in the trap of the lay, and forced to either brave rapids of the river or the thundering mechanical nightmare of the road. I doubt I have the spine to do either.

There's a part of me that just wants to go home, go home and skulk like a dog where it's safe, and quiet and nothing happens. That I must resist, the promise of an empty life, comfortable and ultimately hollow.

Still, it's early and it's pleasant here, so I will sit and ponder it some more. Perhaps if I'm lucky some passer by will come and help me decide what to do.

It's a bright April morning, warm with perfect puffy clouds chasing each other playfully across the azure sky. I'm sitting alone on a wall under the shade of a large oak tree. Behind me lies an ancient and remarkably well kept graveyard filled with the peaceful dead. To my left a path winds over the hill, while to my right the farm track leads back through the cattle fields. Both end in exactly the same place.

A crow caws overhead, returning with food for it's mate and chicks. In front of me lies a vast expanse of luxuriant green that seems to stretch forever over the hills, but I know it doesn't. Eventually I would be caught in the trap of the lay, and forced to either brave rapids of the river or the thundering mechanical nightmare of the road. I doubt I have the spine to do either.

There's a part of me that just wants to go home, go home and skulk like a dog where it's safe, and quiet and nothing happens. That I must resist, the promise of an empty life, comfortable and ultimately hollow.

Still, it's early and it's pleasant here, so I will sit and ponder it some more. Perhaps if I'm lucky some passer by will come and help me decide what to do.

That sounds (intentionally?) like one of those old text-based games. :)

That sounds (intentionally?) like one of those old text-based games. :)

Not intentional, but reading it back I totally see where you're coming from. Sometimes when I'm surfing around here and an idea grabs me I just like to type it and post it straight off. It's a bit annoying in a way though, some of my best stuff is probably on here, and I still have a college portfolio to fill! :heh:

Just about to start GCSE exams. Am stressed out my mind. Have no idea what to choose for 6th form.

I'd say i'm fucked up but in most ways happy and looking forward to uni (I;m going to amercia)

Finished A Levels, currently at, and loving, the university system. At the moment, can't complaina bout life - its treating me well.

Stressed about the lack of revision I have so far done for my impending A-levels, but really looking forward to University next year. Just beginning a relationship, two months next week, which is just going really really well. Broke up with my ex of almost two years last december and have only just put her behind me. Just about on track with school grades and revision is slowly starting. Great friends around me. All in all, rather happy in many respects :-)

I'm 22 and not anywhere near where I thought I would be at this point. I had to leave uni, so I haven't got the degree I deserve. But I'm making a sucess out of my job, and i'm enrolling at the open university so I can finish my degree. Maybe I'll be where I want to be in a few years.

I'm a year before my GCSEs, doing coursework and preparing for my RE GCSE I'm taking a year early, and I ran 1500 metres today in 5.58 minutes which I'm pretty pleased with.

A lot of the time I feel confused and suspicious for no reason, and I have the problem of caring too much about what other people think of me, funnily though I rarely ever get angry when I should, although I do have a problem of using swear-words very casually.

I feel pretty good about myself in general, I think I'm doing well in school, I got merits in both my last Music Examinations, although I've decided to stop playing the Piano for now, I'm happy with the people I know, I'm not thinking about the future just yet, and I like the way I live my life, I am happy.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a prick but I just thought I'd geniunely express where I am in my life at the moment.

I'm Batman

I can't stop laughing. :laughing:

I'm in well... a deep pit of shit.

I'm happy with what I have, Uni is going well, I have no real bothers or concerns. Don't have a girlfriend, but I can't say I have really tried and I'm not that social. As long as I have some key friends, I don't really care about it.

As for the future, I have big plans (dreams) and I'm confident (maybe too much) on my capabilities to make them real. The only thing stopping me is a HUGE amount of laziness. I will still be unsocial.

my life ok but i wished i completed more. currently in my last year of school year 12, grades are dropping so fast its not funny. dont get out enough/ very unsocial. theres so much i want to do (eg travel) i just can find time to get off my lazy ass and do it.

life is amazing at the minute.

university is the best thing ever, im loving all of the new people i've met and all of the new experiences i have had over the past 8 or so months.

i sort of don't want my first year of uni to end but i know that the 2nd year has a load of new responsibilites and experiences to offer.

just need to settle down, buy a house and have a family and i'll be sorted haha.

well, aside from being Batman...

Currently in the grasp of the University system, living down the road from Dr. Flackbox. I'm in the last weeks of my 2nd year and I'm having a wicked time. I love hanging out here, going to great classes with great people. I don't think I've been as excited about anything in months as I am about the prospect of my third year. I'm starting to work harder on my writing, the weather is brilliant, the beer reasonably priced and the bbq nigh daily.

Life is sweet and summery and full of promise :)

My life is quite exciting at the moment. I've almost finished my first year of University, and its like the end of my education is in sight. Which is great because I can't wait to get out of my part time job and get into the job I want.

I think sometimes I'm a little too mature for my age, I'm only 19, and I should be living it up. Yet I don't go out most week nights because of University the next day, and I don't really enjoy pointless drinking. (Note - I do enjoy a goo drinking session). As a person though, I think I've come good. I don't get into trouble, I'm polite, caring, generous, hardworking, clever (at times) etc.

The only thing lacking in my life would probably be a relationship with a girl, embarassing realyl that I've not had a girlfriend. I always get friend zoned or miss my oppotunities which are few and far between.

As for the present, summer is coming, should be booking my summer holiday today, I love going on holiday with my mates. :)

well, life is pretty ok at the moment, at second year uni, but its exam season. ive done more work then i give my self credit for, but still not enough.

I have about 2 months left with my friends here, some of the best friends ive ever had, im sad that i wont see half of them again without a major effort, but from the day we met we knew it would happen.

im currently unsure what i am, man or teenager. one on hand, i can lok after my self, make responsibe decisions, feed my self and not just pizza/junk food. On the outher hand, i giggle for hours at baloons ive made look like knobs, play pranks and piss about all the time. hopefuly this side won't go for ever.

Im single, and wish it was different, but i havent tried hard enough, so im not to bothered. Ive also found my love in life, swords. Having a sword collection into the double figures over the space of about 6 months isnt too bad, though i shudder to hink that 1 inevery 6 pounds i have goes on a sword.

i am realising who i am, the man im becoming. i have to say, although i don't feel like im like most people, im pretty well liked and my friends dont seem to mind my constant jokes so i guess im more normal then i think.

I quite like this life I have, but I've no fucking clue where it's going :wtf:

I'm 20 and very happy with my leisure and social life but I am not working or in Uni at the moments. Took a gap year last year, and started Bangor Uni in September, but I didn't really enjoy it, so I dropped out after two months of trying. So career wise now, it's a bit of a downer as I wonder what of any worth have I done in the last year and a half. Hopefully a job will be around the corner, I keep applying for plenty, but always get rejected. It's not like im thick lol, it's just the lack of experince I suppose. But where else are we supposed to gain this experince eh employers???