N-Europe

Man cuts off own penis in London resturant

Guest Jordan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got it re-attached today, surgeons don't know if it'll last though. Oh, and he was detained under the Mental Heath Act - should we really be laughing?

No, we shouldn't. Does it mean people are going to stop? Probably not.

He got it re-attached today, surgeons don't know if it'll last though. Oh, and he was detained under the Mental Heath Act - should we really be laughing?

I see nothing funny with mental health, but I see everything funny with penis gags.

Its a catch 22 situation.

Look this country is steadily heading down the shitter and people like this cant help us. So much money has been wasted on this man. how much time and effort by all these people has been wasted? there are people who are dying from diseases that there is medication for, but they cant have it cause the NHS cant afford it. But the NHS can afford to restitch a penis on a guy that really should have been left to die. Tell me where is the justice?

Help those that deserve it and if there is time left help the others that is the way it should work.

OK, say they had left him to die...Then what happens if the persons family sues the NHS? "Oh Sorry, we thought he deserved to die because he has mental problems."

You can't say one person deserves treatment over another, thats completely unfair! Mental illness is as deserving as any other illness.

That's wierd, and crazy, and nuts, and ape, and barmy, and batty, and berserk, and bonkers, and cracked, and crazed, and cuckoo, and daft, and delirious, and demented, and deranged, and dingy, and dippy, and erratic, and flaky, and flipped, and flipped out, and freaked out, and fruity, and haywire, and idiotic, and insane, and kooky, and lunatic, and mad, and maniacal, and mental, and moonstruck, and nuts, and nutty, and potty, and psycho, and screw loose, and screwball, and screwy, and silly, and touched, and unbalanced, and unglued, and unhinged, and unzipped, and wacky, and whacko.

Totally freaky..

That's wierd, and crazy, and nuts, and ape, and barmy, and batty, and berserk, and bonkers, and cracked, and crazed, and cuckoo, and daft, and delirious, and demented, and deranged, and dingy, and dippy, and erratic, and flaky, and flipped, and flipped out, and freaked out, and fruity, and haywire, and idiotic, and insane, and kooky, and lunatic, and mad, and maniacal, and mental, and moonstruck, and nuts, and nutty, and potty, and psycho, and screw loose, and screwball, and screwy, and silly, and touched, and unbalanced, and unglued, and unhinged, and unzipped, and wacky, and whacko.

Totally freaky..

Wow...how long did it take you to write that post?

Totally freaky..

Did you get a theasaurus recently and have been waiting for an awfully long time to use it, or what?

As for what mike-zim is saying, I sort of see where he's coming from. Though in this circumstance, there isn't a big window of oppurtunity for reattaching the penis, and I reckon it'd be more costly to reconstruct him one at a later date. I know it's a strange question, but does anyone happen to know what hospital he was admitted to?

OK, say they had left him to die...Then what happens if the persons family sues the NHS? "Oh Sorry, we thought he deserved to die because he has mental problems."

You can't say one person deserves treatment over another, thats completely unfair! Mental illness is as deserving as any other illness.

I agree more with this, though I'm pretty sure general side of things and psychiatric side of things are handled by different parts of the NHS. So, his psychiatric care isn't exactly draining on the people with general health problems.

As for what mike-zim is saying, I sort of see where he's coming from. Though in this circumstance, there isn't a big window of oppurtunity for reattaching the penis, and I reckon it'd be more costly to reconstruct him one at a later date. I know it's a strange question, but does anyone happen to know what hospital he was admitted to?

Reconstruct it. the guy wanted to die. Obvious to me. you dont go and hack yourself up if you had a love for life. in my eyes he could sue the NHS for causing him to suffer as he wanted to die and they stopped him.

all these people that try suicide want to die. Why stop them? What gives anyone the right to do so?

Look this country is steadily heading down the shitter and people like this cant help us. So much money has been wasted on this man. how much time and effort by all these people has been wasted? there are people who are dying from diseases that there is medication for, but they cant have it cause the NHS cant afford it. But the NHS can afford to restitch a penis on a guy that really should have been left to die. Tell me where is the justice?

Help those that deserve it and if there is time left help the others that is the way it should work.

What the fuck?! Really.. the guy has a screw loose, he should be given help to maybe cure him - that's the point of the NHS. People forget that mental patients are ill too, except their illness can't be visually seen.

If we deny treatment to mental patients, it opens the floodgates to other reasons to deny treatment purely on cost. "Fat people need new knees and hips? Fuck em!" - Is that the way you want to drive this country further "down the shitter"?

I can see what you mean, surgery for this is a waste of resources, but the guy was crazy - you have to be to saw off your knob ... but mentally ill people are still ill, and are still people too.

If a person is fat and is having problems with their knees then yeah FUCK EM.

It is self inflicted, people can say all this bollocks about it being in the genes but the 3 bargain buckets a day dont help. Anyway back on point

I would rather see an 8 year old with cancer saved before a nut case get his dick sewn back on.

If a person is fat and is having problems with their knees then yeah FUCK EM.

It is self inflicted, people can say all this bollocks about it being in the genes but the 3 bargain buckets a day dont help. Anyway back on point

I would rather see an 8 year old with cancer saved before a nut case get his dick sewn back on.

Mental Illness is not self inflicted you jackass, this guy clearly wasn't right in the head. There is nothing worse than mental illness, I watched my cousin go from a top guy to nothing more than a ghost who has to be locked up 23 hours a day and heavily medicated, through no fault of his own - unless you call an inbalance in his brain his fault.

Chemical imbalance of the brain can happen to anyone and there is in most peoples cases someone suffering within their immediate circle of friends and the scariest thing is any number of sociological factors can set it off. (Even more so in the current culture of work someone until they are stressed silly).

I still think it was a gender identity problem mixed with a cry for help.

Reconstruct it. the guy wanted to die. Obvious to me. you dont go and hack yourself up if you had a love for life. in my eyes he could sue the NHS for causing him to suffer as he wanted to die and they stopped him.

all these people that try suicide want to die. Why stop them? What gives anyone the right to do so?

Really? I'd have thought if you wanted to die you'd kill yourself, not cut your cock off. My more logical conclusion actually would have been some sort of gender idenity disorder(or other body image disorder), but given that they've re-attached it, I imagine that would have been explored first and they wouldn't have. He may have just had a really bad episode of paranoia or schizophrenia, I understand that they can do all sorts due to their hallucinations. I don't think this was much of a suicide attempt, either that or this guy was really shit at trying to kill himself.

I don't think you can actually sue a hospital for saving you from an attempted suicide, and I believe suicide is actually a crime of sorts(might be wrong, as of course it doesn't ever get tried).

Part of me thinks 'fat people not making an effort shouldnt get nhs treatment, let them die and hopefully their gluttonous genes will die with them'. That argument can be used for alot of things though, and we have apparently evolved into a moral society who don't condone such things. I do think some such self inflicted problems should have a lower priority of treatment though.