NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Haloid

Haloid!

Halo/ Troid mash up animation. seriously impressive.

unfortunately, after all the action, it becomes several million kinds of shit, but there you go. that's fanboys for you.

Yea, I posted this on the X-box thread, but this makes more sense.:heh:

I really like it...except for the silly ending!!

Now if only they made a game like this!!

The best bit is with the sniper rifle and the shields! Nice ideas!

Yeah this is also posted in the videos/movies/games etc... thread and the SSBB thread!

It's awesome!

Best bit is the grapple beam section!

A pretty well made video. The music around the beginning was great. It seemed a bit too Matrixy for my liking, and it could probably have done without one or two bits.

The best bits for me was the one on one between Chief and Samus. Although, a bit peeved at how the plasticy Metroid suit from Melee was used instead of the cooler suits from Prime, but it was still good.

Wish I could make shit like this.

I just didn't like the fact that he copied some Matrix parts exactly, but it is phenomenal.

saw it early today, rather impressive from an animation point of view.

there ending was a nice touch lol

Pretty damn amazing, i saw this yesterday when it first came out.

It must have took a hell of along time to make it. Oh and the female Spartan thing makes sense.

It says Spartan-117 on the back of her armour, thats Nicole a female Spartan who made a cameo in DoA4. But she never took her suit off in that. Oh and apparently he tried making a Prime armour Samus, but had some problems so just used Super Metroid Samus.

Saw this morning on teh ONM Forums.

A pretty well made video. The music around the beginning was great. It seemed a bit too Matrixy for my liking, and it could probably have done without one or two bits.

A bit?! Christ it practically raped that scene for all it was worth.

Pretty damn amazing, i saw this yesterday when it first came out.

It must have took a hell of along time to make it. Oh and the female Spartan thing makes sense.

It says Spartan-117 on the back of her armour, thats Nicole a female Spartan who made a cameo in DoA4. But she never took her suit off in that. .

I said that too, but I was accused of being anal. Go figure.

Hahaha, I wanted to come and post about how cool it was, about how the Matrix references were far too blatant to be ripoffs and were more like homages. I wanted to say it was all so well made and felt like one huge extended Devil May Cry cutscene.

But then I got to the end and now I just can't take it seriously anymore xD

Hahaha, I wanted to come and post about how cool it was, about how the Matrix references were far too blatant to be ripoffs and were more like homages. I wanted to say it was all so well made and felt like one huge extended Devil May Cry cutscene.

Homage my ass. They were just lazy.

It's fine to reference other things, but I think you can also overdo it.

Homage my ass. They were just lazy.
Aw c'mon they added their own take to the "holding-the-gun-away-from-the-head" part from Neo/Smith in the train station by adding rockets, and in the 100 smiths part they replaced the bar with Chief and added jump-boots for extra damage. If they wanted to rip something off, they wouldn't have made it so utterly obvious. Instead I felt they were taking something worldly recognisable and adding their own Halo/Metroid twist to it.

That said, I still think the whole thing is stupid now that I've seen the conclusion :indeed:

Spectacular video. There's one thing that bothers me though, the creator forgot objects have shadows. But still very impressive.

LESBIANS!

LESBIANS!

Yes, that is a really brilliant ending. Hot awesome

= hot^2

the rest of the video was very cool was well but I would have liked a bit more lighting and a bit more shadows.

He should do a version with updated visuals but whether or not it's still pure greatness.

Are you kidding? That ending was absolutely stupid to the point of hilarious. It was like "yea, the action was cool, now lets give something absolutely unfounded to all the irrational Yuri fanboys".

Haha, that was pretty crazy. Too bad I have no sound. There were some parts that were just an homage to The Matrix, which I though was kinda cool...

Now, it's impressive that they managed to make that with no budget, the animation was pretty well done and they must have spent a while doing it, but still... it's the gayest thing i've ever seen.

It's just a Metroid/Halo version of the 100 Man Brawl from The Matrix Reloaded - which wasn't a very good battle to begin with. Then they top it off with every gaming nerd's dream - two lesbians with robot suits making out.

Ending was great, wasn't irrational in the slightest and even better than the ending was the hillarious reaction to it from pubescent males in the comments.

OMG gurls blergh.

I thought it was good.

Cant imagine the amount of work that must have gone into it though :s

well, that sucked.

You suck. I'm going to beat you down next time I see you.

This doesn't need to be taken seriously or criticized hardly, it's just a project that a guy wanted to do to have some fun, it's not supposed to be serious. But damn, the guy's talented.

Spectacular video. There's one thing that bothers me though, the creator forgot objects have shadows. But still very impressive.

LESBIANS!

I think there's no shading and lighting because the guy wanted to finish this animation before a certain date, and rendering out shading and stuff would've only made the process even more slow (shading and lighting can take ages to render sometimes). At least that's why I think they're not there...

Impressive video from an animation point of view. Some camera angles and cuts could've been better, but meh. And I'll just not go into the ending. :heh:

Sign in to follow this