Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Halo-OMG what a game!

flameboy

Well let me explain....

I got Halo all those years back bundled in with original Xbox and just never got into it at all. Got stuck pretty early on and as new games came out, just left Halo at the bottom of the pile, thought I'd give it a go yesterday and go completely hooked and completed it today (much to my amazement! don't usually complete games that fast!), was loving it so much got a copy of halo 2 off ebay, which hopefully should show up tomorrow!

I can't believe I left it gathering dust...it's just proved to be such a well structured, enjoyable, game. The last level had me gripped I have not felt such raw primal instinct to survive in a computer game...

So excited for Halo 2, whilst I know most of you are all up for Halo 3, I'm still waiting for Halo 2!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I just can't get through the main story in Halo. I know I got 2 levels left and its killing me to finish it but I cant. It's just really annoying dying all the time.

Single player sucks in both, but online multiplayer in Halo 2 was my best gaming experience ever!

Agree single player sucked in both and probably will again in the third. However totally disagree with the multiplayer - cheaters/weiners/hackers arn't what I'd call good. Especially seen as it didn't really deliver anything new for a multiplayer online experience that the pc was doing before it came out.

Guest Jordan
Some sections of Turok Evolution were fun, which was something I never found in Halo.

Plu-lease...

Halo 1 had some incredibly breath taking moments!

Everything from leaving the Pillar of Autumn to the moment you first get your hands on a Banshee with the snow falling all around you. It had some fantastic weapons, scenery and it looked shit hot back in the day.

Halo 1 had something very few PC shooters, never mind consoles shooters ever have. Thats good characters, great weapons and a story you actually care about.

However totally disagree with the multiplayer - cheaters/weiners/hackers arn't what I'd call good. Especially seen as it didn't really deliver anything new for a multiplayer online experience that the pc was doing before it came out.

Did you ever play it online?

Name another game that has a matchmaking system as good as Halo 2's. Loads of different playlists to choose from and you get matched with players of your own standard. Pretty good I think, I've never ever played a PC game where I get matched with players my own standard.

You can't really say winers is a Halo 2 problem, all online games have them, Halo just has more because it's more popular.

Cheating, yeah, you get a bit, but not really that much anymore, especially after the latest update. At one point it was really bad, but it was fixed quickly by Bungie.

I personally think Halo 2's multiplayer is the best ever. I've probably played more multiplayer Halo 2 matches than all my other games put together. The campaign on Halo CE was amazing and will make an amazing film (just as long as Uwe Boll stays clear). Halo 2's campaign wasn't amazing but really fun at times. I think Halo 3's will be similar.

P.S. bear in mind that I only got into games ~2002 so please don't lecture me on Goldeneye and other multiplayer 'hits'.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!