NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

Your First Love...

Only had one love so far. We'd been online friends for years, working together on his Zelda fangame. We talked quite a bit and I guess we started having feelings for each other (he did way before I did I think). He admitted to it and I did too and we ended up as a 'couple' in a long distance relationship. We were a couple for about three years, spending pretty much every night talking on AIM for hours (sometimes with webcam or Skype). Twice a year we would meet up for two or three weeks for some great time together.

We broke up (or I did) last summer, but we still talk and still meet up (we met again in December-January). He still loves me and I still care for him, though I still haven't been able to figure out if it's love or not.

That's not love...at all

*kicks kurtle in the nuts*

f**k you, know it all

Well since you're Eighteen wouldn't you say you're in a teenage relationship?

You can't tell people that they haven't felt what they've felt, just because other's haven't been as devoted to their loves as you are to your girlfriend doesn't mean you can dismiss their opinions/feelings.

I agree. Also, I doubt the word "love" has a simple clear cut definition that applies to everything. Are there certain degrees of love for example. What's the difference between I love you, I love you lots, I love you very much and I love you like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, as for first loves: This is a bit tricky to answer. The first girl I really, really had strong feeling for would probably count as my first love. It just didn't work out, and I guess that would also count for my first heartbreak as well. The second girl I really had strong feelings for turned out to be my first proper relationship. I think she taught me how to love, and all the pluses and minuses that come with it.

The third girl I ever had strong feelings for, turned out to be Becky, my ex. At the start, I guess I didn't really feel anything towards her. She was just a friend, I didn't know her all that well, and I thought "heh, may as well. Might end up somewhere."

We ended up staying together for almost 3 years, and then it ended as most of you know. Over those 3 years, my feelings did keep growing stronger and stronger for her. As for when I first knew, I think that would have to be on our first month anniversary. We went to a park, but we had to walk up a steep slope to get there. On the way back down, I gave her a piggy back and she was laughing/screaming for me to stop. At that exact moment, I knew I didn't just see her as a friend, but as something much more than that.

It's ended now, and I feel really shitty. I hope we end up like Kurtle and his girl and end up getting back together someday. A friend of mine said to me "you two seem like the two that'll always end up getting back together." I hope that's true. In a way, it's a bit like a Ross and Rachel relationship. We've been through a lot, and it probably won't ever be the last we'll go through.

So, three girls, and three different answers:

One introduced me to the idea of love, or having very strong feelings for someone. Heartbreak, too.

One introduced me to the idea of 'how' to love, and to return it.

And the third girl will always be my true love.

No....I just hate the word being thrown around, as it especially is in teenage relationships.

i agree...i;m only 15 and i have a couple of mates, ones who;'s been going out with a girl for about 7 months, 1 for only 1 month and all i hear is how its "true love" and that they will always be together. It really pisses me off, oh and on msn when they have there gf/bf names on thier msn name and say "luv you so much". ARGH.

Love is just a word thrown about these days, its so overused it basically means nout anymore.

lol i'll stop ranting now

Thinking about it....

I love Homosexuals.

It had to be done sometime.

indeed good sir

Well since you're Eighteen wouldn't you say you're in a teenage relationship?

You can't tell people that they haven't felt what they've felt, just because other's haven't been as devoted to their loves as you are to your girlfriend doesn't mean you can dismiss their opinions/feelings.

I think you've just answerd my point with the word devotion.

Plus I said it it is thrown around, and it is especially in teenage ones, not that all do.

No....I just hate the word being thrown around, as it especially is in teenage relationships.

Well, I could say you're not in love either. I have as much basis as yourself to dismiss other's feelings, no? That is to say, none.

Love is an amorphous term, and it isn't applied just by ticking off a checklist of criteria. It isn't like once you've spent a certain amount of time with someone you can qualify for it, and you don't have to hugged X amount of times. Love is a realisation, an epiphany if you will, and no one else can tell you if it's struck; you'll know and don't need anyone else to dictate your feelings.

On the other hand, I do know what you mean. I imagine your problem is more with the overuse of the term by certain people, such as those that seem to 'love' someone new every week. You probably find it kind of frustrating as it almost trivialises your own feelings; how dare they bandy around that word and compare their infatuation with what for you is a need to be with someone. But if to them the love is real, if they truly believe what they're saying, then I would say it is as valid a claim as anyone else could make. More fleeting and less intense, yes, but that doesn't make it any less true.

I met my girlfriend last year at the beginning of my first uni term. (obviously she wasn't my girlfriend at the time..that would be weird). I fell in love with her after about a fortnight. I finally asked her out after 10 weeks, and now we've been together for 17months. She was my first love. That is all.

It really pisses me off, oh and on msn when they have there gf/bf names on thier msn name and say "luv you so much". ARGH.

The majority of my MSN contacts have that in there name (Ranging from age 14 - 19, although alot of the older ones tend not to)

As for me, I have not had any love yet, i am only 16 though. So yeah.

When did you first fall in love?

November 2005 hehe

What was it like?

id been with my boyfriend almost 3 months ( i know i know early!).. but just one day something in me felt a lot different from before. One night he was at my house and my mum got a bit tipsy ( a bit more than a bit).. and we kinhda had an argument and i felt really *low*. And even tho we hadnt been going out long, my boyfriend took me outside and gave me this massive hug! It was that night that i realised that i never wanted to be apart!

Are you still with that person now, and if not, what happened?

Yes i am! 20 months in 8 days... woop =)... the love has changed from then to now.. its deeper / more real and mature i think... still love him to pieces tho!

Would you change anything?

nothing.. maybe the way i found out i was in love ( family arguments are never a good thing) but i wouldnt change our relationship for the world

I fell in love with my girlfriend after exactly 3 weeks of going out with her, so your 3 months seems like a lifetime lol (we havent even been going out that long...yet). I remember that i saw her in the morning and all of a sudden something just clicked inside me, and I knew I loved her.

And to whoever said love is over rated...it's not, at all! I just spent the last 3 hours walking with my girlfriend; everything was perfect, and when just holding her in my arms made me day.

Love rocks!

ahh yes - but when u think about that my bf went to uni and i only got to see him at weekends... ( since we were going out i calculated i only really saw him like 10 times in about 3 months - :( )... it wasnt actually that long before i realised i loved him

and even then i only got to see him sometimes at 2 hour long periods :(

thank god those days are over!

and people thought we were rushing :confused:

Love rocks!

i agree! : peace:

I actually agree with kurle; people use the term love WAY too much. I can understand when people say 'I love you' to friend, i mean come on i say it to my close friends a lot because they mean so much to me, but it does frustrate me when people say that they're in love with someone when they haven't actually experienced love.

I do admit, I don't like it when people use the word "love" too often. To me, it's a special word. It sorta does get on my nerves a bit when people say to their friends "I love you." Feels like people are lessening the meaning of the word by using it too much, and perhaps when its not appropriate.

I fell in love with a guy who was 5 years older than me. i was 15 (coming up to 17 now) we were great mates before, and i always thought he was good looking. then one night we drank too much and fooled around. this went on for a few weeks.

Havent seen him in over a year now.

Well besides being in love with all of N-E...

The first and only person that I think I have ever fell in love with is a girl that was at my hotel on a holiday in the south of Spain. She was half english and half japanese, and from the moment I saw her everything about her just seemed perfect for me. Problem was I never got to talk to her or get contact details or anything, and still regret that majorly today.

People might say that you can't love someone when you've never even spoke to them but there was this feeling that was just magic which had to be love.

I think I'm in love with a certain celebrity, but I've never met her/talk to her so I don't know... But I'm always thinking about her and such.

Surely there's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone?

I love my friends and family, I'm not in love with them. I think it's perfectly fine to say you love something or one, because it's not the same special feeling as being in love with someone.

Surely there's a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone?

I love my friends and family, I'm not in love with them. I think it's perfectly fine to say you love something or one, because it's not the same special feeling as being in love with someone.

Ah yes, you're right in saying that. But then, to me, the word love is a strong word. It's a bit strange that such a 'strong word' has more than one interpretive meaning.

We were taught in R.S that there are three types of love.

Brotherly love,

Eros love

and love for chips.

Now that i think of it, they may have been taking the piss with that last one.

Don't know about first, but most loved was whilst I was a sixth form, but she moved away and we were only ever friends.

I really need to stop missing these darned opportunities.

Sign in to follow this