NEurope
Ramar

The cost of going to the Cinema.

They haven't made a handbag big enough to hold the beer and snacks I need to get through even the shortest film.

Carrier bag does me, they don't say anything even with beer obviously in my possession.

That's cos they are too scared to stop you and take beer from a man of your size :wink:

i don't know why more of you dont get unlimited cards. I pay £10.99 a month for cineworld, which is less than it would cost most of you guys to go just once.

as for food, i have never had any problems taking food in. The best was when I went to Dominoes next door and carried in 2 pizzas in a sports bag. Delicious.

well the prices are one of the key factors that puts me off going to the cinema.. and ofcourse stupid Aholes who talk and "forget" to turn off their mobiles during films.. When I first started going to the movies I was very young and i could get in for what is about 1 quid or 1 1/2 euro.. that price has risen about 800 percent since then.. phew

It's £4 with a student card and I go on Orange Wednesdays with 3 friends (2 of them with orange phones) - its buy one get one free, so that's only £2 each :D

That's cos they are too scared to stop you and take beer from a man of your size :wink:

You can't really blame them.

i don't know why more of you dont get unlimited cards. I pay £10.99 a month for cineworld, which is less than it would cost most of you guys to go just once.

It's only worthwhile if there's more than 2 films a month worth seeing at the cinema. It really depends on your taste, There's not much more than 2 films a year I'd say it was worth watching at the cinema.

I don't go enough to warrant a monthly paying service. Though if the cinema was cheaper I'd probably go more often.

As for taking my own food, I know a few years back they use to stop people taking their own food in, I don't know if the policy still stands.

We always go on Wednesday's now, as my cinema going buddy, has an Orange phone, we get Orange wednesdays (buy 1 get 1 free), so we basically pay £2.80ish each to see the film at our local Cineworld. Mr Bean for me tomorrow then!

Yeh cinema prices are a rip off.....without having a student card, it cost me around £7 for a ticket!!! Luckily I get my mate, who does have a student card, to buy my ticket for me....so thats around £4.80 I think, which aint too bad...btw my local cinema is an Empire one, so it looks pretty nice and is pretty comfortable inside.

But its the food prices that REALLY piss me off....personally I don't get why people don't just buy their own food from a local supermarket or something where its sooo much cheaper.

Where I live, we have an Iceland store nearby which sells PLENTY of snacks, like chocolate, popcorn, drinks etc for a fraction of the price the cinema charges....

Same story here. Ridiulously inflated prices on drinks and popcorn is the main reason i cross over the road and pick up my refreshments there. Cinema prices have put me off recently.

I rarely go to the movies (one of the reasons is because it's quite expensive), but when I go I just can't help but buy food there. Popcorn. They have some of the best popcorn ever, and you can't find anything like it anywhere else. So I always end up buying a menu of a coke and a popcorn, which costs a bit over 5 euro I think (depending on the size, I usually go for the normal size, which is still pretty big).

the actual tickers don't bother me- only £4

for me, I get raped by the cost of public transport out to the shit hole retail park that houses the only blockbuster worthy screens in Sheffield.

For other films however, It's all about my local independent.

I go to the cinema quite a lot, pretty much always when big films I want to see come out. I never buy any popcorn or anything anymore because of the price. It is all damn expensive but usually worth it if it's a must see film

the actual tickers don't bother me- only £4

for me, I get raped by the cost of public transport out to the shit hole retail park that houses the only blockbuster worthy screens in Sheffield.

For other films however, It's all about my local independent.

The Showroom?

Have you been to the upstairs screens at the Odeon? Screens 1, 2 and 3 are actually a reasonable size (compared to all the crappy storecupboard size screens downstairs).

Also you know you can get to Meadowhall Exchange for free on the train right?

I dont know how much it cost, but once i went to Starcity cinemas in Birmingham and went for the Gold Class. Must've been £20 or so a ticket; but you get waited on and get these kick ass leather reclining seats. It was awesome! Don't know if i'd pay that myself, my mom paid for us, but who knows, it was so cool i might've done for a film i really wanted to see.

I never buy popcorn, though i sometimes give in to the nachos; i cant help it!

As for prices of normal cinema seats, i remember cinema's in Manchester were pretty cheap with a student card, like £3-4. I got a shock when i moved to Bournemouth though, i think it's about £7 for an adult here. Bastards.

I've been going to the cinema a lot recently - usually pay less than £5 for a ticket although it's £6.70 for a showing of Sunshine tomorrow night with a live link-up Q&A with Danny Boyle.

£5 a film for me at Cineworld. Student price, I'm not a student but I hand a five pound note over and they charge me as one.

My friends local cinema (Odeon) charges £6.50 for children. Thats ravenholm, we don't go there anymore.

£6.20 for a ticket at my local Odeon. I'm going tomorrow with my girlfriend but I'll get the 241 offer. I pay the full price and she gets in for free. Plus there's a sainsbury's literally next door to the cinema.

Thats ravenholm, we don't go there anymore.

rofl, kickass HL2 referance.

My local Cinima charges around £5.50 for an aduld which is kind of pricy by my standerds just to see a movie

The Showroom?

Have you been to the upstairs screens at the Odeon? Screens 1, 2 and 3 are actually a reasonable size (compared to all the crappy storecupboard size screens downstairs).

Also you know you can get to Meadowhall Exchange for free on the train right?

Hell yeah the showroom :) I love that place.

It's actually not too bad to get to cineworld so long as you have 3 friends and a cab number handy. works out cheaper.

Only costs me about £5 to see a film at Cineworld near me (nearest one is in Newport). But if i go in before 12pm, then it costs £3.50 a ticket for any film as long as it is shown before 12pm.

Anyone know how much Vue do monthly cinema cards for?

Hell yeah the showroom :) I love that place.

It's actually not too bad to get to cineworld so long as you have 3 friends and a cab number handy. works out cheaper.

Normally costs me bout 80p to get there. 40p to Penistone then avoid paying on train from Penistone to Meadowhall, then 40p tram fair unless I just go to the cinema in Meadowhall. Then its the same thing back.

When I got my new Phone contract with O2 they gave me 1 free cinema ticket each month for a year, I think Cinemas are a total rip off think what a family of 4 or more spend in one trip to there cinema.

I also hate the adverts about how illegal DVD movies are really bad quality and that its always a bad picture, Well all I can say is they dont get there movies from the right person!

In the afternoon at our IMC its £3.25 for an adult. Obviously its cheaper if you invoke the use of your student card, but I very rarely do. In the evenings its £4-£5 but its been yonks since I went at night.

Its dear for grub, too. £1.20 for a choccy Yazoo, for example. :hmm: