NEurope
Ramar

The cost of going to the Cinema.

I also hate the adverts about how illegal DVD movies are really bad quality and that its always a bad picture, Well all I can say is they dont get there movies from the right person!

Lol....QFT ?

Very true, there are usually DVD samplers kicking around a week after a major American release. FFS Rocky Balboa was available as a DVD sampler rip weeks before it hit the cinema and not too difficult to source either.

:yay:

I also hate the adverts about how illegal DVD movies are really bad quality and that its always a bad picture, Well all I can say is they dont get there movies from the right person!

Well they are hardly going to make illegal DVDs look good are they.

The cinema is generally a rip off, but I think the food prices are the worst. One thing that annoys me is the price of the smaller amounts of food, last time i went the small size popcorn was about £2.80 and the large £3.20. The large was at least twice the size so it makes you feel even more ripped off if you buy the small, thus forcing you to spend more. It annoys me quite alot, so I don't go often.

Another thing is how fast things come out on DVD now anyway, only about 5-7 months if that. Makes for even less incentive to go.

Oh great.

A friend of mine went to our nearest cinema today, which is the cheap day. Unfortunately, his first words to me on MSN once he got back are "I thought Tuesday's was supposed to be cheap? If that's cheap, then the Saturday prices must cost more than a fucking PS3!"

It turns out the cinema has now risen the Tuesday the prices to £4, yet it's still their cheap day.

It costs me around £5-6 for a ticket at the local Odeon in Leicester when I'm at uni. Which isn't bad I think. But it's public knowledge that popcorn and the like is outrageously priced, so you've only got yourself to blame if you buy some.

It turns out the cinema has now risen the Tuesday the prices to £4, yet it's still their cheap day.

That's not a bad price these days, and if it's a Vue (I assume it is), you can get a coupon for £1.50 off valid for 2 weeks, which doesn't sound like alot off, but that takes tickets on Tuesdays down to £2.50. That's pretty good.

Did you know that popcorn was originally eaten in cinemas as it was cheap to produce and sell/buy.

So how comes in this day and age they charge stupidly high prices for it?

Jokington.

That's not a bad price these days, and if it's a Vue (I assume it is), you can get a coupon for £1.50 off valid for 2 weeks, which doesn't sound like alot off, but that takes tickets on Tuesdays down to £2.50. That's pretty good.

Nah, it's a Cineworld.

Still, I don't often go and see films, so it doesn't really effect me. Thanks for the tip anyway. ;)

Interestingly, the last two times I went where 4 days apart. The first, a Saturday, cost £6.90 and we nearly got beaten up by a bunch of fucktards in what started out with a group of stupid little 12 year old fat fuckers having ago at us about...nothing, and when we suggested they fuck off and do something a little more constructive then trying to start a fight, they went and got their big brothers, and they where all waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator. If we hadn't been inside, and we didn't have a few girls with us (people are less likely to start a fight with a mixed-gender group) , they would have assaulted us (or at least my mate who they where picking on) for sure.

Anyway, the following Tuesday we went again, and it was much better overall. The tickets where only £3 each, a girl a mate of mine was with (it was the same guy who was being picked on) and my mate made out in the back row (*ahem*), and he asked her out after the film (they have been going out now for two months). Also the film was better (Blood Diamond as apposed to The pursuit of Happyness), and the girl I was with is now a very good and very close friend - she currently has a boyfriend, but if they break up, then...let's just say I wont be 100% annoyed...

Twas a good night. :heh:

Interestingly, the last two times I went where 4 days apart. The first, a Saturday, cost £6.90 and we nearly got beaten up by a bunch of fucktards in what started out with a group of stupid little 12 year old fat fuckers having ago at us about...nothing, and when we suggested they fuck off and do something a little more constructive then trying to start a fight, they went and got their big brothers, and they where all waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator. If we hadn't been inside, and we didn't have a few girls with us (people are less likely to start a fight with a mixed-gender group) , they would have assaulted us (or at least my mate who they where picking on) for sure.

Welcome to The Galaxy, Luton. The only place on earth where some **** will try and mug you for fifty pence. [True story].

I went to see "Major Arno's Mystery Guano" tonight and it only cost me a measly penny. A penny! Suck on that and get beats, yo.

I get to visit the cinema as much as i want for 120 quid a year.

The cinema is £3-5 a pop so I have to see three movies a month to get more than what I payed for. Easy stuff.

Unlimited card with Cineworld Cinemas, had it for years, couldn't live without it.

It's quite expensive at the Odeon in Sutton, but bloody highway robbery at the Showcase. We always stop off at a shop to buy chocolate and drink, although we might buy a small bag of popcorn when we're there.

What I hate most is how they up the ticket prices at peak times ie. weekend. I went on Sunday night - if I hadn't managed to buy a student ticket (didn't have a card so I was lucky) it would have set me back £8 for a ticket. Two large drinks and a large popcorn was nearly £10. Thankfully for the food and drink I split the cost with my girlfriend.

At this rate going to the cinema will soon be the preserve of the rich.

At mine its £6 but I usually buy the drinks elsewhere as it's alot cheaper then buying it at the cinema

I get to visit the cinema as much as i want for 120 quid a year.

The cinema is £3-5 a pop so I have to see three movies a month to get more than what I payed for. Easy stuff.

Unlimited card with Cineworld Cinemas, had it for years, couldn't live without it.

Damn, I'd love to have an unlimited pass.. but honestly I'd need a mate to get one too, because I've been to the cinema twice by myself and it's WIERD.

=Indigo;408082]At this rate going to the cinema will soon be the preserve of the rich.

Yeah - And maybe they'll start serving up some decent nosh and actually kit out the cinemas with more leg room, better seats and have the projector positioned so that when people get up it DOESN'T spoil my illegally haxord downlad movie.

Sheffield ain't so bad - £2 on orange wednesdays is ace-tastic. Cheaper than renting it when it comes out. Always gotta buy food before I go in, mind.