N-Europe

Rate the band above you!

mcj metroid

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was more implying the idea of the thread is to rate the above band, so if you've not heard of such and such a band it's probably better to leave it until one comes along that you do know (or do a bit of googling and find out who they are)

Anyhoo, Sunn o))) I've just been listening to some stuff online. It sounds interesting, definately not your average metal band. Kinda think it sounds a bit like the metal answer to sigur ros, concentrating more on creating a mood through sound. Not sure if I could listen to it in large quantities though. Actually I'm quite enjoying the videos on their website, they look pretty awesome live, definately an experience. As such I shall award them one extra point taking them up to 7/10.

There we go all bands rated or slated and we can all move on. :grin:

Mr Scruff is amazing! He's not the most amazingly talented DJ in the world, but by god he knows how to keep people dancing and has a record collection to die for. Plus serving tea at his sets is just a genius idea. Can't wait to see him again in the summer! 9/10

Hmmmm, yep I'm going with my previous choice again, The Roots.

Mr Scruff is amazing! He's not the most amazingly talented DJ in the world, but by god he knows how to keep people dancing and has a record collection to die for. Plus serving tea at his sets is just a genius idea. Can't wait to see him again in the summer! 9/10

Hmmmm, yep I'm going with my previous choice again, The Roots.

he really does. Everyone last night was just dancing constantly. Standing around with a drink? dancing! waiting at the bar? dance while you do.

fuck, I'm pretty sure I was dancing while I had a piss.

Getting back on topic:

Faith No More

Will give them a 9/10 - absolutely incredible and unique at the time , although they lose a point for sucking big time when I saw one of their last ever UK gigs (I believe it was anyway) at the Brixton Academy.

Another easy one for you peeps.

Alice In Chains

never really heard any of there stuff before i saw them at download festival 2 years ago.

thought they sucked :( really had high hopes but didnt think much of them

2/10

Deftones

2/10? You can't be serious... You just can't!!! It's Sabbath, dude!!! Just listen to their "Paranoid" Album!!!

Anyway... deftones:

White Pony - 10/10.

Everything else - 6.5/10.

A good band, with great songs, but unfortanetly, most of their albums are half great and half awful.

Gojira

Yesh, I was like WHAT THE FUCK? When I saw that 2/10. Going to see Heaven and Hell in November, should be awesome, hope they play some Dio songs too :), donno if Iommi can hack it though :heh:

Gojira: They're French, so that's 1 point off, the latest album I heard was From Mars To Sirius and it was pretty decent, very heavy, but I don't really think the musicianship was that hot, and as for all the claims of "Masterpiece!!" I wouldn't ever go that far. 6.5/10.

Decapitated

Yesh, I was like WHAT THE FUCK? When I saw that 2/10. Going to see Heaven and Hell in November, should be awesome, hope they play some Dio songs too :), donno if Iommi can hack it though :heh:

Gojira: They're French, so that's 1 point off, the latest album I heard was From Mars To Sirius and it was pretty decent, very heavy, but I don't really think the musicianship was that hot, and as for all the claims of "Masterpiece!!" I wouldn't ever go that far. 6.5/10.

Decapitated

Aw... c'mon, Gojira are great. :D

Anyway, as for decapitated, I shall say only this:

SPHERES OF MADNESS, or if you prefer english, 9.5/10.

(Except for this last album... I don't really like their new style, along with the new vocal.)

EDIT - Necrophagist

Just started listening to Necrophagist again, and oh my fucking god, they are one of the most immense Death/ Thrash bands I've ever come across, such blistering musicianship, and some pretty amazing songs to boot. Nothing stands out as particularly classic would be my only criticism, still, 9/10.

Deicide. (Dude, us metalheads are stealing this thread :heh:)

P.S. When it comes to Maiden albums, The X Factor is easily the most mature and epic. Even if it isn't the most 'metal'.

In my opinion Dance of Death is the best, if only because it has Rainmaker on. I find it more 'rock' than 'metal'.

fuck you metalheads! I'm rebooting interest in this thread right now!

Talking Heads

see what I did? I used a band people know about!

Deicide is just as known as the Talking Heads, you know?

Just cause you don't know about them, it doesn't mean we don't.

Anyway, Talking Heads, an almost perfect band, in every single aspect.

9.5/10.

Yann Tiersen