NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

what the fuck is this tripe?

seriously, you guys can see Graphics don't matter but this game on a HDTV looks terrible, i think i'm gonna trade it back in. The jaggys are so bad it's almost unplayable...

Again, is it your settings or your cables?

Check your TV settings, I find most widescreen issues are down to TV settings.
I don't think it has anything to do with the settings, my TV is set to 16:9 and I never change it.

Check out these shots for comparison:

re4wiicomprv2.jpg

The settings remained the same throughout, both normal TV and the Wii menu display in full 16:9, but RE4 has a visible border around the image.

It's still an improvement on the GCN version anyway so I'm not too bothered.

Forgot to mention earlier, but I've also noticed that the load times are much quicker now, Capcom have removed the "loading..." screen too. icon14.gif

Again, is it your settings or your cables?

Nah mate, been through all the setting and i use official Componat cables.

Honest guys, i know you all think i hate Nintendo but the fact is i'm pissed at them, i love Nintendo have done all my life and now the Wii, i just feel like they have taken a console away from me.

Ooh! RedShell has the same TV as mine. icondancewm8.gif

Err, will probably order this next week. Didn't get the GCN version, so may as well get it now I guess.

I feel the same. I feel as if they owe me a true next gen console. Of course they owe me nothing when I think logically, but I can't help but feel that way.

Then why don't you buy a X360 or PS3 or if you already have one, what are you doing here whining?

yeah i've heard this from people before and it's crap, sorry Cube but i've seen a wii, on a Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic and Toshiba.

Ur, why couldnt the wii just use AA, thats all i ask..

It's not a case of "can't" use it, it's a feature that is pretty processor intensive so the game would probably run at like 10-15 frames per second at best with a large amount of anti aliasing .

Yeah i know :(

ah well i suppose we ain't seena true A+ title built ground up for the Wii yet like Brawl or Galaxy so i'll hold my comments a little longer.

Did I have one of my posts deleted? I didn't break any rules, so if I did, I'm not very happy at all.

I thought it looked a bit poor at first then I found that my brightness was too high. Looks much better now, the game looks sharper.

Wait, how can you have it in the UK already? It's supposed to come out tomorrow!

Wait, how can you have it in the UK already? It's supposed to come out tomorrow!

When you order off the net you normally get it the day before.

I think i'm going to have to try and get my screen looking like Redshells, that's lovely! : peace:

When you order off the net you normally get it the day before.

I ordered it from play.com four days ago!

*sues play.com*

http://www.freewebs.com/wii1080p/

On the subject of HDTVs

What's so fantastic about hooking a Wii up to an upscaler?

If you happen to have one for your home cinema system (like my next door neighbour), it's slightly better. It doesn't really make that much difference.

If its jaggy just turn down the sharpness.

Problem solved.

If its jaggy just turn down the sharpness.

Problem solved.

Turning down sharpness on a tv doesn't get rid of aliasing, it just masks it slightly. Upscaling, as far as I know, makes them disappear.

As much as I am enjoying going through this again , I do have one tiny issue with the controls.

Due to amount of time I had spent on Eledees and previous to that Red Steel , I am constantly trying to turn/and change viewpoints by using the Wii-mote to move the curser off-screen instead of using the analogue on the Nunchuk.

Is it just me or has anyone else been constantly doing the same thing ?

Turning down sharpness on a tv doesn't get rid of aliasing, it just masks it slightly. Upscaling, as far as I know, makes them disappear.

Not everyone has an upscaler. Not everyone as an HDTV eiter :P

What's so fantastic about hooking a Wii up to an upscaler?

If you happen to have one for your home cinema system (like my next door neighbour), it's slightly better. It doesn't really make that much difference.

Nothing, it just looks good.

Cheers for that Hellfire, i might invest in a upscaler not a $1500 one though :smile:

Any one else playing this on a HDtv with HD cables?

I'm getting some wired gfx bugs [small spots with different colors]

Cheers for that Hellfire, i might invest in a upscaler not a $1500 one though :smile:

You could buy another TV with that money :heh:

Some people are saying Wii games are fine on HDTVs, others say games look rancid. I'm sure this has more to do with settings than anything else. I don't have an HDTV yet, so it's not a big issue.

One of the major things that could affect the Wii in the future is the uptake of HDTVs. A major part of Nintendo's business plan is that HDTV uptake won't be great enough this generation to warrant the need of HD graphics in games for the majority of gamers.

I know a lot with HDTVs, and a lot who don't. Also many who do have HDTVs don't actually play their games on them, but have a regular TV in another room for games.