NEurope
Nintenchris

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

I have been mucking around with this for an hour and my thoughts are mixed.

Some of the events are great such as the 100m Dash and Trampoline ( love that one ) but the ones where you have to flick the Wiimote up but watch the power ( just like Golf on Wii Sports ) I hate.

I have spent alot of time in the Olympic General Knowledge section as some of the mini games in there are quite good. I love the whack-a-mole mini game and its great playing along to these games when you unlock the classic Mario and Sonic tunes. Star Light Zone music FTW!

If there wasn't so much other stuff out to play I would have bought this sounds pretty cool. But still got Mario and Metroid to complete.plus GH.

Im in love with this game now. Once you get the hang of the events it becomes second nature and a much more enjoyable experience.

Me and my nephews were playing it this afternoon and it was hilarious. I was well knackered after the 4x100m swimming event but it was well worth it for the laughs that were had.

My arms were in agony all day from the epic battles of the night before.

I think I'm addicted to this like Track & Field back in the day. Best olympic game ever :)

Star Light Zone music FTW!

INSTA-BUY!

none...it's not there.

Grrrrr:shakehead *shakes fist* Unforgivable!

(on a lighter note, thanks for the heads up :) )

I think it's a good game but the one thing that really annoys me is that it doesn't seem to save world records on multiplayer. It's so annoying.

And also you can't complete the game on multiplayer.

Am I right or am I being stupid?

But other than that it's a good game. My arms are still aching from it as I played it for about 12 hours yesterday. 4x100m freestyle and 4x100m relay kills after you umpteen hundredth race.

Just unlocked the final event...its a good 'un. They're all good one you gwet a hang of it...even triple jump, I've started to ace that. Its a well fun game but I can see its appeal wearing out for me once I do all the Circuits as the only thing left to unlock would be the emblems and like achievments on the 360....thats just pointless and as most of the top top scores online are blatantly hacked, its hard to want to try and beat them.

I can see it being a good multiplayer thing though

High Jump and Pole Vaulting is awesome btw! I have become the king of it :p

I encountered a problem that I think is more to do with the Wii than the game.

Yesterday when I first got it I started playing it in my room for five minutes and I broke the OR for 100m. But then my brother and his girlfriend arrived so I took it downstairs to play multiplayer. But the picture was fuzzy so I changed it to 50Hz and it was fine. But when I went on the game my saved data was gone (not a big deal as I hadn't done much). So I made a new save game and played on that. Then today when I went to play on it upstrairs my original save data was back and I had to put it onto 50Hz to get the save data that I did downstairs. Is there a way to get the 50Hz data onto 60Hz?

PS: Sorry for the long post.

...thats just pointless and as most of the top top scores online are blatantly hacked, its hard to want to try and beat them.

It does seem like the top scores are stupid cheats. I can't see how other than a Datel cheat disk or sommat though?! (Maybe I'm just nieve!)

I've been playing javelin for days and got 100m and was delighted. My fiance picked up the game and threw 109m straight away. I was raging as it can come across as purely random but I guess the accessibility and instant laughs are the beauty of olympic games. Mind you, high jump is indeed AMAZING :)

I think it's a good game but the one thing that really annoys me is that it doesn't seem to save world records on multiplayer. It's so annoying.

And also you can't complete the game on multiplayer.

Am I right or am I being stupid?

This is exactly what I've found.

I have no idea why on earth anyone thought this was the right way to go. Also the fact that you can't unlock the new events in multiplayer. I have absolutely no desire to play this game on my own and now I'm being forced to un order to open up new events to play with friends.

Its very annoying that records aren't saved, the whole point is that anyone can get them and they they're there for next time you play.

To me it takes a lot away from something that is otherwise a good experience.

I had to cancel my order for this because I couldn't afford it. I plan to get it eventually, my only regret om cancelling it was that I really wanted the T-Shirt.

Damn it all :( If only I got my bursary earlier.

Can someon etell me how to get gold medals with the characters? I was checking my awards and I have a few gold medals with a few of the characters but I didnt even use them in the Circuit Mode.

I unlocked Archery yesterday, man do I suck at it. Also does anyone have any tips on the Hammer Throw event? The wiimote hardly reacts right when I try to do it and it just on the off chance that I can get it to work properly.

I have spent alot of time in the Olympic General Knowledge section as some of the mini games in there are quite good. I love the whack-a-mole mini game and its great playing along to these games when you unlock the classic Mario and Sonic tunes. Star Light Zone music FTW!
I didn't like any of those mini-games really (they reminded me too much of flash games from the net :heh:) but I still went through them all just to unlock the music.

Shame they put 2 of the newer tracks on Sonic's selection though, hate that stuff. Especially compared to the quality music from the Mega Drive games. Would have been cool if it was possible to play the extra music outside of the gallery section too. Oh well. ::shrug:

Eh...that makes no sense. Screen resolution shouldn't affect saves...
No not resolution, it's to do with the speed. Can't remember for sure now, but I think it mentions in the manual about how the game creates different save files depending on the refresh rate you're using.

Has anyone done Mario's final mission? I attempted it several times yesterday but couldn't get anywhere near Sonic, talk about increasing the difficulty level! :shakehead The ones before it were so easy.

Hope the final missions aren't like that for the rest of the characters as well. :hmm:

Has anyone done Mario's final mission? I attempted it several times yesterday but couldn't get anywhere near Sonic, talk about increasing the difficulty level! :shakehead The ones before it were so easy.

Hope the final missions aren't like that for the rest of the characters as well. :hmm:

I havent unlocked them all yet but I hear Shadows last mission is also a right pain to do.

My friends have played my copy while I was away, and they werent too impressed, though only played one go on 100m, rowing and fencing. Does it get better?

Also, does the person who can move the wiimote and nunchuk up and down the fasest win? Or is their a ryhtm you have to adhere to? Also, when is the speed capped at FULL speed? I want there to be skill in it (well as much skill as there is in flailing arms) - if I can move my arms quicker than my friend I want to be running faster than him in the game!! am I making any sense whatsoever?