N-Europe

what the hell is going on?

mcj metroid

the wii has been out for a short time but already there have been so very many mistakes. We are now experience the games drought that killed the gamecube and n64 .the only decent games this year are wario ware,godfather and sonic....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

With the playstation 3 launched in europe what did nintendo have to compete,waiting for blazing angels? Nothing in fact. Nintendo should be released a new mario or metroid RIGHT NOW! This is perfect timing.

then i find out there is a good chance the wii will use friend codes according to a confirmation by someone at nintendo(which of course doesn't confirm much). friend codes? hahaha i think you know the drill there i don't have to rant about that.

NIntendo should act as a leader right now. If nintendo is going to release a million mini game combos then the third party is going to say'' if nintendo are doing it fuck it we'll do it too''. thus we have rayman,monkey ball,parts of sonic,wario ware,wii play and the upcoming mario prty 8(worst timing ever)

Also and this occurs for the ds as well. NIntendo should be pushing the graphics. i'll admit they have't released any game that's bad looking but as i said games like mario and metroid are needed so badly.

Point is i am very very pissed off. Do i have a point or am i talking shit?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.the point is we need games like them now. Not those exact games but games that quality. Gears of war proves that new ideas can be just as succesful and by that i don't mean wii play:(...I know when they are coming.It seems everything is COMING. If metroid is delayed till next year then it's very very............bad

I don't think there is anything to worry about, the 360 had a drought this time last year, it was still getting beaten by the PS2 and DS but now things are looking up for the console now.

Even though the Wii is a bit crap right now and the competition is still very tough, Nintendo could still pull it out of the bag like with the DS.

Remember during the early months of 2005 and everyone was saying the PSP was gonna trash the DS because it had no good games? Look at it now.

These things aren't predictable though, it's either gonna be good, or bad....

So SSX, ExciteTruck and Tiger Woods currently out are terrible?

Next week is Heatseeker, MOH and DBZ. There's been alot of decent releases this month that's for sure at least compared to the previous two. April doesn't look too great apart from Eledees though I'm not moaning, use the money for Easter eggs or something :p

I'd rather they bring their First party games when they're ready.

the wii has been out for a short time but already there have been so very many mistakes. We are now experience the games drought that killed the gamecube and n64 .the only 2 decent games this year are wario ware,godfather and sonic....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

With the playstation 3 launched in europe what did nintendo have to compete,waiting for blazing angels? Nothing in fact. Nintendo should be released a new mario or metroid RIGHT NOW! This is perfect timing.

then i find out there is a good chance the wii will use friend codes according to a confirmation by someone at nintendo(which of course doesn't confirm much). friend codes? hahaha i think you know the drill there i don't have to rant about that.

NIntendo should act as a leader right now. If nintendo is going to release a million mini game combos then the third party is going to say'' if nintendo are doing it fuck it we'll do it too''. thus we have rayman,monkey ball,parts of sonic,wario ware,wii play and the upcoming mario prty 8(worst timing ever)

Also and this occurs for the ds as well. NIntendo should be pushing the graphics. i'll admit they have't released any game that's bad looking but as i said games like mario and metroid are needed so badly.

VC: Zelda: alttp :p

Well, you have point that Nintendo has pushed its mini-game fests out first. Fortunately after Q2, there isn't any mini- / party games left, if you don't want to count Wii Music as one. But what comes to Metroid, I'm surprised that people are acting like it is extremely important title. I mean, Prime 2 sold only 300 000 copies worldwide, so it is hardly something that moves system. Heck, if we look sales statistics, even Mario Party is more killer-app than Metroid Prime. :)

There are plenty of games ready. They are giving third parites a chance to shift their shovelware. Nintendo will release more games when the user base is bigger. What annoys me is that they broke a whole load of promises. Remember E3 when we expected Zelda, Metroid and Mario in the launch window.

Sorry to admit i but the quality of the PS3 games have been far higher and it greater quantities. Just look at the average review scores. Wii games are a pile of shit except for the odd jem (excite truck excite truck)

Metroid isnt that good... I mean its only for hardcore gamers. I dont know many people that like it otherwise. But a multiplayer online FPS would be a system seller. If metroid can evolve to that it would be good. e.g. like DS

there are good games and Wii is doing a lot better then the Gamecube, games seem to be selling, third party game Sonic spend its 3rd week in the top 5 and tiger woods entered at no 5 and I believe it sold out in some places.

As for the overall quality of the games, Nintendo were late on sending some dev kits to developers and a lot of developers started to develop late.

360 has had a constant flow of good games as Microsoft started development on games by getting many third party exclusives ages before the 360 was announced, I hope Nintendo can do that for there next Handheld and home console

Sorry to admit i but the quality of the PS3 games have been far higher and it greater quantities. Just look at the average review scores. Wii games are a pile of shit except for the odd jem (excite truck excite truck)

Metroid isnt that good... I mean its only for hardcore gamers. I dont know many people that like it otherwise.

Could you please state these games?

.the only 2 decent games this year are wario ware,godfather and sonic....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

?

I think the Wii could be greatly improved but I would hardly call it a disaster, especially with the Virtual console. I think it will get better it'll just take time.

Could you please state these games?

Just a generalisation. As the troll, I feel like I need to make the point. With all the porting going on, I expect more crap to arrive than good things.

PS3

19 out of top 20 greater than 75%

2 in whole chart less than 50 % (turds)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

Wii

9 out of top 20 greater than 75%

9 in whole chart less than 50 % (turds) <- more on the way!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

Typically, if we were to suffer a games drought, I'd rather it be at the start of a console's life rather than in the middle. It's starting to gain momentum now, and we're still yet to here about a dozen or so Nintendo franchises, such as Mario Kart, F Zero, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, not to mention fresh new info on new franchises such as Project Hammer and Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Online info has been quiet, and they really should be doing more to keep us informed. They can be a bit too secretive at times.

It's not as if those party games are bad, though. Rayman is excellent, apparantly the multiplayer modes in Sonic are good, too. It's really just Monkey Ball letting the side down, in terms of multiplayer. Diversity will come, as we're now seeing with games like SSX Blur and The GodFather.

So yeah, it's alright to be worried, but I believe our patience will pay off. I'm starting to really enjoy the Wii now.

I was going to post a "In before lock" pic, but I decided not to. Because this thread is filled with stupidity. I have 8 games for Wii and I like them all. 8 games in 3 months! How the fuck is that a drought? There have been good games every month! Of course there will be low periods, every console has them, but sincerily I don't see a problem. And reviews? Who the fuck cares? Anyone with a little brain knows reviewers will always lower the score because they don't spend enough time with the games to get used to the controls and because they don't ahev 360 graphics. Not to mention the huge amount of great games on VC that are already out and constantly coming. But, hey, what the hell, I'm a portuguese mafia a guy and a blind nintendo fanboy? But you know what you guys are? Bitter nintendo fanboys because you wanted your favourite company of old to follow the other companies with titties, blood, HD and expensive consoles. If you don't like it, don't buy it. There are lots of old games to play, you have 360, you have PS3, just play whatever is to your liking and stop whining. You guys are annoying.

(Note: I have a huge headache and have been with stomach pain the whole day, so I'm not in the best of moods)

the wii has been out for a short time but already there have been so very many mistakes. We are now experience the games drought that killed the gamecube and n64 .

Its the same drought the 360 had and the PS3 will have. Especially with consoles released around Christmas because its all on Christmas. Come January you hit the new-console drought, it picks up a bit and then its the summer drought. Its normally a year after a console comes out that anything good comes out.