NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Things That Parents Say

I was thinking about this the other day, about being a kid again and what stupid and annoying things my Mum would say.

There's a few which really stuck, and it's a wonder I didn't smash her face in with a rock:

The classic "when you break your leg and end up down the royal gwent (hospital), don't come crying to me!"

"Stop it, Stop it! Give over, Stop it!" (I used to fucking HATE that one)

my mum used to tell us we'd be force fed vegetables via a tube in hospital, should we refuse them.

it worked at least. my diet is many times better than most, and I'll eat just about anything going :)

The classic "when you break your leg and end up down the royal gwent (hospital), don't come crying to me!"

You might not like me saying this about your mother, but that one REALLY justifies a rock to the face.

As for me, I don't recall my parents ever saying anything stupid like that.

"Because I said so!" - wtf sort of comeback is that, would Phoenix Wright use that? GTFO.

"if you want something so bad you should get a job"

and here i am typing from my work placement :P (but the funny thing is i aint getting paid)

"ill cut off your broadband"

"stop making the dog bark"

"Are you insane?" when I pop up at 5 in the morning and announced I would before.

'You'll turn into a spaghetti >: '

as all I ever wanted to eat was that..

(Letty spaghetti lol )

"Make us a cupper"

:D

Although I haven't heard that one since I was alot younger than I am now.

"Don't be paranoid, it's true, everyone hates you."

My dad when I was annoying him and he wanted to be funny, and:

"Can't sleep, well watch this movie with me. It's called The Shining, it's a comedy."

My dad again, when I couldn't get to sleep one night when I was about 6.

Everything my dad says is quite stupid. He always states the obvious and it's so very annoying.

"Turn it down, it's getting late" He'd say that every night when he'd be going to bed and we'd be playing Guitar Hero 2, although hitting the strum bar is louder than the game, he also seems to think that we don't think 12am is late.

"Brother's don't argue" - How the bloody hell can my dad say that when he has 5 brothers, surely he must have argued with them a few times.

He once said to me "You don't tell us anything. I know you think we're your enemies, but we're not." He said that after I asked my parents why they haven't bought any Cola from Asda in the past few weeks. My mum sensibly said "It doesn't matter what we buy, you drink it all anyway." (Not true, I don't drink the Asda cloudy lemonade they buy.)

My dad also gets the wrong idea of which parent knows best. It's actually the mother who knows best, and mine bloody does.

"You will grow into it"

i don't want to "grow into it", i want to wear it NOW!

My dads classic "children should be seen and not heard." thanks for the victorian lesson dad,

my favorite is his set response ive worked out, at least once a week he'l say "everything in moderation." ok, im going to go and punch a baby once, inject a bit of heroin into my eyeball, set fire to an orphanige and shit in an old ladies handbag.

but to be honest, having a whiney, annoying, expensive and ungreatfull child must be annoying, and remeber guys, there was a time in your life you said "why?" to everything your parents told you, so cut them some slack, it might not be easy having rules you see as unfair, but imagine looking after a smaller, more annoying and demanding version of your self. no go and thank your parents for everything they ahve done for you.

You know plug sockets ye? Well my mum told me that if i left an empty plug socket, empty, with no plug inserted, and the switch was left on.......the house would explode. So in school I was always making sure that all the switches on the empty plugs were left on or otherwise I would panic!

Another one was that if I did not finish the contents of my plate at tea time, my body parts would fall off one by one, and roll down the hill near my house.

Whenever I'm sick, or can't sleep, or have nightmares (I'm sonambulous or at least I was), or have headaches, or have bad grades, my dad always say "It's because you're always thinking about games." or "You don't study because because you're always playing." Even though he's never around and when I have tests that are hard, I hardly touch a videogame.

"stop doing that or you will go blind"

My mum said that to my two year old cousin, while chaging his nappy the other day. I was pretty shocked to hear her say it!

Oh man, there's too much. All mum...

"Why aren't you revising?"

"Haven't you got any work to do"

"Stop playing on that so much it'll damage your eyes"

"Those games/computer is no good for your eyes you know"

"You have no idea" (errr..yes i do)

"What do you want to do that for?"

and not so much directed at me but:

"I'm so tired" - usually said after i've had a really tiring day/week of work/job/exercise or whatever and she hasn't done all that much

"stop doing that or you will go blind"

It will also make hair grow on your palms.

'' don't play too much computer or you'll get square eyes''

now that's rock worthy

Haha, it's funny that everyone can easily recall the admonishing phrases.

"You'll get what you're given"

Me: <Some sentence containing a verb>

Mum: "I'll <verb> you in a minute!"

And the old classic:

"No"

You'll be saying the same things to your children. Believe me, when you need to tell your child to do/stop doing something, your first thought will be to repeat what you heard as a child.

Sign in to follow this