• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the actual version. It's a recreation of Cryda Luv' but it sounds pretty much exactly like the looping track in the Flynn Aracade at Comicon, the one I post in the YouTube video, which is good enough for me right now.

Listening to a lot of new (for me!) music at the moment.

Florence + The Machine

Foals

Crystal Castles (wow!)

Elbow

La Roux

Booka Shade

Now I've seen a lot of them live recently, and that's the main reason I'm listening, but I am impressed!

Crystal Castles are by far my favourite act right now.

Listening to a lot of new (for me!) music at the moment.

Foals

Brilliant!

Crystal Castles (wow!)

Brilliant! Love love love :D

Elbow

Brriiillllliiiiaaannnt! You're on a roll! :D

La Roux

And again :D

Booka Shade

....who? :heh:

But for the most part, I approve!

Crystal Castles are by far my favourite act right now.

:yay:

My dad got The Seldom Seen Kid for his birthday. Personally, I found it terribly dull.

Their older stuff is a lot better Imo... but if you're not into them then theres nothing more to be said other than each to their own :)

If I was to recommend some older tracks though, it'd be the one I posted above (Switching Off) plus... Leaders of the Free World and Mexican Standoff.

OOOH ELBOW! I do love that band.

Went to see them not long ago (well... a year) and it was the best gig I've ever been to. I'm off to see them again in September, their last gig of this tour at Manchester. I'm hoping they put on a belter (I laughed at typing that) because it's where they're from (ish).

Great band. I prefer their Cast of Thousands stuff the most though.

Seconded, I adore that album.

In other news, about 6 months late, but I got round to downloading Calvin Harris' Im Not Alone... what a killer track!! never been a fan of his but yeh, s'good.

And Pendulum, whatever people might say about their music, and despite being the preferred music of irritating 15 year olds, are absolutely blinding live. Their remix of Voodoo people is ridiculous.

And been listening to Deadmau5, <3 Brazil

And Pendulum, whatever people might say about their music, and despite being the preferred music of irritating 15 year olds, are absolutely blinding live. Their remix of Voodoo people is ridiculous.

It's fantastic. This rock club I used to go to in Bournemouth called Sound Circus would play the song every time I was there and people loved it. Great stuff.

OOOH ELBOW! I do love that band.

Woo! they are pretty awesome if you can appreciate them. :)

Went to see them not long ago (well... a year) and it was the best gig I've ever been to. I'm off to see them again in September, their last gig of this tour at Manchester. I'm hoping they put on a belter (I laughed at typing that) because it's where they're from (ish).

*is slightly jealous* :heh: maybe I'll get to see them perform one day though...

Finally! someone who agrees :D I like all their albums but Cast of Thousands is their best Imo, it was my first Elbow album and I'm thankful to the person who introduced me to them :smile: Switching Off = :heart:.

I did give Seldom Seen Kid a few listens, as I saw them live at Hydro Connect last summer, and I wanted to see what they'd won the Mercury prize for.

It was alright, nothing wrong with it per se, just didn't move me at all. Oh well.

I did give Seldom Seen Kid a few listens, as I saw them live at Hydro Connect last summer, and I wanted to see what they'd won the Mercury prize for.

It was alright, nothing wrong with it per se, just didn't move me at all. Oh well.

But... you're missing their best work if you haven't listened to their older albums :/ personally I think for anyone who hasn't listened to Elbow before and is listening to The Seldom Seen Kid as their first album and judges them just on that chances are you'll either love it or not be that bothered. [/Marmite]

Truely though their sophomore album 'Cast of Thousands' is their best work Imo... I do like them quite a bit, I'm not saying that they are 'the best band ever!!!11!' or anything but they are pretty decent on the whole when not judged solely on one album.

Edited by S.C.G

But... you're missing their best work if you haven't listened to their older albums :/ personally I think for anyone who hasn't listened to Elbow before and is listening to The Seldom Seen Kid as their first album and judges them just on that chances are you'll either love it or not be that bothered. [/Marmite]

Truely though their sophomore album 'Cast of Thousands' is their best work Imo.

I wasn't talking about them as a band. Just that album. I wouldn't judge a band by a single album.

I wasn't talking about them as a band. Just that album. I wouldn't judge a band by a single album.

That's good to hear :) then I would recommend Cast of Thousands... their first album Asleep in the Back isn't as good Imo and their third Leaders of the Free World is somewhere inbetween their second and fourth.

So I guess really, they got off to a reasonable start, peaked with their sophomore album - like many bands do - and then changed direction, getting better in some aspects but worse in others and now they've reached that stage where they've become more widely recognised and opinion of them is divided, still it's a good thing that more people now know who they are at least... even if only to check out their back-catalogue.

Edited by S.C.G

Whenever Stuwii posts in this thread, I imagine one of those war-time communications operators in aircraft, quickly reporting what is coming down the line, sweating slightly in anticipation.

Maybe that's just me.

---

I know I'm late and it's a dead horse already, but I'm loving Dangerous and HIStory by Michael Jackson. Probably the "other two" compared to Thriller and Bad, but I find the production in both to be far more engaging and stimulating. I mean, Jam, They Don't Care About Us and Scream are just brilliant.

I love the video for Scream. Most expensive video ever made, I hear. It's very 90's with all the cgi/futuristic interiors, but it was long before most of the imitators (1994/5).