Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Muse haven't done anything good in years :heh: This new song included.

Also, along the same lines ("bands everyone seem to love but I find blah") heard the new Green Day song on the radio over the weekend. Wow does that suck hard.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I think Muse fall into the category of "bands everyone else loves but I find blah" more than Green Day, like you said at first. Since like..80% of the universe love them.

I have nothing against them, it just leaves me with nothing (most of their stuff I've given a listen). Not bad at all, but I don't want to listen again.

I think Muse fall into the category of "bands everyone else loves but I find blah" more than Green Day, like you said at first. Since like..80% of the universe love them.

I have nothing against them, it just leaves me with nothing (most of their stuff I've given a listen). Not bad at all, but I don't want to listen again.

Personally I still get quite a lot out of listening to Origin of Symmetry... it had been a while and I was listening to it on the train on the way back home - incidentally just after passing through Devon - and it was incredibly enjoyable. :)

I went to Itunes festival yesterday to see Bat for Lashes and Polly Scattergood! :grin:

It was amazing! :D

Polly Scattergood was good. (lol!) I enjoyed her songs but only one stood out as epic which was a song called Untitled track 27 though I also enjoyed Please don't touch and Bunny Club

Then Bat for Lashes came on and it was a mesmerising performance from start to finish. My eyes were transfixed to the stage. So glad I went along to get in the standby queue for 100 more tickets. :yay:

This was the Setlist:

Glass

Horse and I

Travelling Woman

Bat's Mouth

Sarah

Sleep Alone

The Wizard

Siren Song

Trophy

What's A Girl To Do?

Pearl's Dream

Prescilla

Good Love

Two Planets

Daniel

Each song was sung to perfection but the ones in bold I particularly loved! :bowdown: It just helped to further consolidated Bat For Lashes reign at the top of my favourite albums for this year!

BUT WE GET THE RESISTANCE SONG if we ignore initiation- all of it so...

That's not for certain, even though the website says "The Resistance will be mobilized." Still, the general consensus on Muse sites is DO NOT ACTIVATE! If you think about it logically, not activating the station in New York is the right option. Here's my 2 pence, that I posted on a Muse forum:

Guys, I think Matt's trying to throw us off, check how he phrased this:

"If USA recognizes USE, there is sure to be some collateral damage... M"

"Some" being plural. Surely if it was the song Collateral Damage, that wouldn't be there? I see it like this:

If activated: There will be "some collateral damage", as in something bad might happen, meaning a lot of pissed off musers = collateral damage.

If we resist: The actual finale to the song, plus someting better?

Either way, I say RESIST, Muse wouldn't be so obvious, surely?

Besides, if the USA don't recognise Eurasia, doesn't that mean war? If there is no war, there can be no 'Resistance', as there'd be nothing to resist...

The way I read that: If its activated, they will release Collateral Damage, if it isnt, they will release the song Resistance. The thing about "some" is nonsense.

I'd rather get a full song than an interlude, so its probably best not to activate.

The way I read that: If its activated, they will release Collateral Damage, if it isnt, they will release the song Resistance. The thing about "some" is nonsense.

I'd rather get a full song than an interlude, so its probably best not to activate.

Zane lowe will play the interlude anyway tonight

Okay, so I guess I read into "some" a bit much, but they could mean activation would result in actual collateral damage, rather than the track collateral damage. Well, not quite actual collateral damage, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of pissed of Muse fans. :heh: Either way, they shouldn't activate it...

I don't think they would use those words if it wasn't a reference to the song.

Possibly, but then this is Muse, they're crytpic, so who knows? :p

Though the lyrics of USoE do say "Must we do as we're told?" and Muse are suggesting that we activate it. Maybe that's a hint to not activate?

I went to Itunes festival yesterday to see Bat for Lashes and Polly Scattergood! :grin:

It was amazing! :D

Polly Scattergood was good. (lol!) I enjoyed her songs but only one stood out as epic which was a song called Untitled track 27 though I also enjoyed Please don't touch and Bunny Club

Then Bat for Lashes came on and it was a mesmerising performance from start to finish. My eyes were transfixed to the stage. So glad I went along to get in the standby queue for 100 more tickets. :yay:

This was the Setlist:

Glass

Horse and I

Travelling Woman

Bat's Mouth

Sarah

Sleep Alone

The Wizard

Siren Song

Trophy

What's A Girl To Do?

Pearl's Dream

Prescilla

Good Love

Two Planets

Daniel

Each song was sung to perfection but the ones in bold I particularly loved! :bowdown: It just helped to further consolidated Bat For Lashes reign at the top of my favourite albums for this year!

Bat For Lashes is great live. Dunno what a festival setting would be like, but in a intimate venue, she rocked. Sounds good!

I almost saw Polly once...I love the album.