Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Okay, more Muse news. Hang on tight *cracks fingers back.*

So Muse have announced the first single from the album will be Uprising, and the official release date is September 7th, a week before the release of the album. Expect it to air prior to this.

However, Muse currently have a treasure hunt going on at http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu to unlock the track United States of Eurasia as a prize. There's a map of Eurasia with 6 locations across the continent, with one being active at the moment. Here's a summary of the instructions that someone worked out on some Muse forums:

TO SUMMARIZE:

Tomorrow between 10am and 12am, someone will have to go precisely to Grand Crew HQ located at 11 rue du Perche (http://whois.domaintools.com/grandcrew.com)

They will have to meet an "agent" who can be identified by the fact he will be carrying a copy of The Grand Chessboard in clear view. (978-0465027262. from the microsite is the ISBM code for that book online)

The person that meets the agent will then have to take a photograph of the AGENT with the memory stick, upload the photo to BOTH the public flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/groups/1193389@N22/) and the public youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/channel/unitedeurasia).

The person will then have to take the USB stick home, whack it into their computer and read the code which should be on it, then input the code into the space at the bottom of the USoE microsite.

This is awesome! :grin:

Edited by CoolFunkMan

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I'm loving her album too, she has a great style, and is naturally talented. Her voice is like brown sugar, super sweet and unrefined with its own flavour.

Especially loving You've Got The Love. Makes me so happy!

Rabbit Heart and Girl With One Eye are my favourites too. I'm really wanting to see her live, but I'm not sure if I'm around when she's playing.

Defo try go see her live. She is awesome. You'll be blow away.

Today I have listened to:

Daft Punk - Discovery

Daft Punk - Homework

Daft Punk - Human After All

Daft Punk - Daft Club

Daft Punk - Alive 1997

Daft Punk [kinda...] - Da Chip

Been a good day. Woke up to 'One More Time'. Glorious.

Da Chip I found on Daft's facebook and as he's not here thought I'd share it. Its the music of Daft Punk recreated using classed 8bit computer game sounds. Geeky and cool all at once.

v49lop.jpg

Free to download here!

(also listened to a The Format album and two Hot Chip ones but I was going for a theme above :p)

Edited by Ashley

Currently working my way through the entire Kate Bush discography and I must say I'm really enjoying it :) I'm up to Hounds of Love atm, probably my favourite album so far along with Lionheart though tbf I've liked them all so far.

After going from having just a best of CD to an entire collection though, I feel that the title of her best of The Whole Story couldn't be any more misleading because after hearing many of her albums it's clear that the best of is merely half the story if that :heh: I'd still recommend it though to any one who's interested in listening to some of her work as it's a nice introduction.

I'm still in no way really familiar with her as an artist though, will need to listen to her a good deal more I think, but I'm glad I decided to start properly listening because she's produced some really stunning tracks, even if some of it is an aquired taste. :)

Currently working my way through the entire Kate Bush discography and I must say I'm really enjoying it :) I'm up to Hounds of Love atm, probably my favourite album so far along with Lionheart though tbf I've liked them all so far.

After going from having just a best of CD to an entire collection though, I feel that the title of her best of The Whole Story couldn't be any more misleading because after hearing many of her albums it's clear that the best of is merely half the story if that :heh: I'd still recommend it though to any one who's interested in listening to some of her work as it's a nice introduction.

I'm still in no way really familiar with her as an artist though, will need to listen to her a good deal more I think, but I'm glad I decided to start properly listening because she's produced some really stunning tracks, even if some of it is an aquired taste. :)

She's truly an original, and paved the way for "weird women" after her.

All the albums have merits, but I'd probably put the order as; (from the perspective of someone very familar with all her albums, in best to "worst")

Hounds Of Love/Aerial

The Sensual World/ The Dreaming

Never For Ever

The Red Shoes

The Kick Inside

Lionheart

Is that them all? Yeah think so. Lionheart just sort of shrinks away compared to all the others after one gets to know them all. After that she really got interesting (Read: The Dreaming onwards).

Glad people nowadays are giving artists like Bush a chance.

Okay, more Muse news. Hang on tight *cracks fingers back.*

So Muse have announced the first single from the album will be Uprising, and the official release date is September 7th, a week before the release of the album. Expect it to air prior to this.

However, Muse currently have a treasure hunt going on at http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu to unlock the track United States of Eurasia as a prize. There's a map of Eurasia with 6 locations across the continent, with one being active at the moment. Here's a summary of the instructions that someone worked out on some Muse forums:

This is awesome! :grin:

Yep, it's all good :D I quite enjoy a good ARG, shall keep my eye on this.

Also, the person who does the stuff gets 2 tickets to see Muse live at a concert of their choosing. Impressive stuff!

She's truly an original, and paved the way for "weird women" after her.

All the albums have merits, but I'd probably put the order as; (from the perspective of someone very familar with all her albums, in best to "worst")

Hounds Of Love/Aerial

The Sensual World/ The Dreaming

Never For Ever

The Red Shoes

The Kick Inside

Lionheart

Is that them all? Yeah think so. Lionheart just sort of shrinks away compared to all the others after one gets to know them all. After that she really got interesting (Read: The Dreaming onwards).

Glad people nowadays are giving artists like Bush a chance.

Hmm I can't really comment on whether I agree with the order or not, having only listened to about half of those but I was probably most impressed by Hounds of Love more than any of the other albums, Idk why but Lionheart just seemed really good as well because it was so different from her first album... maybe I'm a bit bias though because I love the album cover. :p

It's funny though because although you've listed it as her 'worst' album that still doesn't make it bad by any means as they are all pretty damn good, it's just order of preference :) I don't really have an order yet, it's not possible, but I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of her albums; today it shall be the last four tracks from Hounds of Love on the way into work and then at least the first four tracks from The Sensual World on the way home. :smile:

Muse - United States Of Eurasia Clip

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This was uploaded on the United States Of Eurasia microsite due to the first two puzzles being solved. When every puzzle is solved, the full song will be uploaded.

The song sounds amazing so far. The piano bit is awesome. Can't wait to hear how the song continues.

Hmm I can't really comment on whether I agree with the order or not, having only listened to about half of those but I was probably most impressed by Hounds of Love more than any of the other albums, Idk why but Lionheart just seemed really good as well because it was so different from her first album... maybe I'm a bit bias though because I love the album cover. :p

It's funny though because although you've listed it as her 'worst' album that still doesn't make it bad by any means as they are all pretty damn good, it's just order of preference :) I don't really have an order yet, it's not possible, but I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of her albums; today it shall be the last four tracks from Hounds of Love on the way into work and then at least the first four tracks from The Sensual World on the way home. :smile:

See "worst" being in inverted commas. :geek: Obviously it's pretty awesome, but I think many fans agree that it's just her least impressive or...outstanding. Actually, I'n lying. Most people don't like The Red Shoes. But I think it's fun. Both are good just not compared etc. But Red Shoes is a favourite of mine, but not her best and so on.

Hounds Of Love is brilliant. The fact the second half is a strange electronic suite paired with the "singles" of the first half. The Sensual World took me MONTHS to get into. Only got into it this year, after having it for almost a year or something. Not sure why. It's brill though.

Aerial is possibly my favourite though. 13 years after the album before it, it's so low key and serene, it's wonderful. Takes a lot of people time to get used to as well, who might be expecting the typical pomp and OTT-ness of her past work.

No, she's a legend whatever we all think of her albums.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This was uploaded on the United States Of Eurasia microsite due to the first two puzzles being solved. When every puzzle is solved, the full song will be uploaded.

The song sounds amazing so far. The piano bit is awesome. Can't wait to hear how the song continues.

Liking it! Though, I do hope the whole album isn'y just piano and orchestra. The albums so far have all got the balance between slow and fast, piano and guitar, pretty much spot on. Heres hoping for some Stockholm Syndrome, Plug In Baby, TSP type riffs aswell.

Edit: I'm being told that this song isn't soft all through and kicks into a guitar riff aswell, Citizen Erased style.

Edited by Gizmo

Liking it! Though, I do hope the whole album isn'y just piano and orchestra. The albums so far have all got the balance between slow and fast, piano and guitar, pretty much spot on. Heres hoping for some Stockholm Syndrome, Plug In Baby, TSP type riffs aswell.

Edit: I'm being told that this song isn't soft all through and kicks into a guitar riff aswell, Citizen Erased style.

The album is supposed to sound more orchestral but also to contain heavy riffs.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Even a snippet of new Muse is enough to make me realise why they were my favourite band and probably will be once again upon release of the new album. So excited.

The album is supposed to sound more orchestral but also to contain heavy riffs.

I knew it was more orchestral, and I fully embrace that because Muse are all about the OTT extravagant stuff. But I like the sound of "heavy riffs" too :yay:

United States of Eurasia is sounding awesome so far, it makes me think Absolution meets Black Holes and Revelations atm! I can't wait to hear the rest of the song! :grin: I've signed up to the Ununited States of Eurasia treasure hunt, so I'll try to keep you lot posted as well!

Wow it's annoying when a song cuts out like that. I can't really judge whether i like it from a clip that short.

I have been listening to more Muse recently though, Citizen Erased and Showbiz (album) in particular. Unintened just reminds me of trigger happy tv now though.

Yes, yes, yes, YEEEES! Okay...anybody know She Wants Revenge? One of my favourite bands and I just saw that they had a new song. Sounds amazing. :yay:

She Wants Revenge - Animal Attraction

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

One of their older songs, if anyone's interested:

She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart

Broadcast Yourself
Audio