N-Europe

I never once said she is a good musician just because I like her. I said the fact you don't like her doesn't make her a bad one and make me mediocre and immature for liking her.

so please refrain from calling me dumb

I can't, at least not until you can pronve that you're not dumb.

C'mon, say it. "Avril Lavinge makes bad music and I like it nonetheless."

That's what I've been trying to get to all along.

It's ok to like bad music... just admit it.

Here, I'll exemplify:

I like Maxïmo Park. They suck ass, their songs are totally generic indie crap and they are awfull composers/musicians. They make bad music. And guess what? I still like them.

(what you can't seem to comprehend is that it's possible to acknowledge that a particular artist is bad and still like it... what you do is associate "everything I like" with "good". And that's not correct. Allow yourself to enjoy bad music, knowingly, that's what I want you to try).

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

But..what If you don't think it's bad?

Then you have a neurological problem?

I've enjoyed this arguement/interchange, because it's shown me that music is possibly the most personally subjective thing ever. I still don't agree with you, but this has still been worthwhile. :)

I can't, at least not until you can pronve that you're not dumb.

C'mon, say it. "Avril Lavinge makes bad music and I like it nonetheless."

That's what I've been trying to get to all along.

It's ok to like bad music... just admit it.

Here, I'll exemplify:

I like Maxïmo Park. They suck ass, their songs are totally generic indie crap and they are awfull composers/musicians. They make bad music. And guess what? I still like them.

(what you can't seem to comprehend is that it's possible to acknowledge that a particular artist is bad and still like it... what you do is associate "everything I like" with "good". And that's not correct. Allow yourself to enjoy bad music, knowingly, that's what I want you to try).

I know you can like a song/artist and know there bad, its like a guilty pleasure.

But I wont admit avril lavigne is a bad artist because just because I don't think she is. I'm not saying because I think she's good she can't be a bad artist, I'm saying I genuinley think she is a good one. Ok?

Your opinion isn't law, you know that, right?

Edit- Crap did I use to many comma's in that last sentence?

I know you can like a song/artist and know there bad, its like a guilty pleasure.

But I wont admit avril lavigne is a bad artist because just because I don't think she is. I'm not saying because I think she's good she can't be a bad artist, I'm saying I genuinley think she is a good one. Ok?

You're opinion isn't law, you know that, right?

No, but you spelt "your", "you're". :)

But..what If you don't think it's bad?

Then you have a neurological problem?

I've enjoyed this arguement/interchange, because it's shown me that music is possibly the most personally subjective thing ever. I still don't agree with you, but this has still been worthwhile. :)

No, you don't. You have a belief. Now defend it.

G'night. :heh:

You're opinion isn't law, you know that, right?

Ok. I'll take that answer and raise you two points in my respect-o-meter.

I know my opinion isn't law... hell, like I said, I like a lot of crap. :D

My point is just: it doesn't have to be guilty. It's a pleasure, end of statement.

=)

right, ok, I'm glad the heated debate (I won't, I won't say arguement!) is over : peace:

I'm shattered, but am staying up to watch the friday night project at 2:30. (I missed it because I was in Paris).

My point is just: it doesn't have to be guilty. It's a pleasure, end of statement.

=)

lol, fine I'll give you that one.

That's gotta be N-E's record for the fastest turnaround in a thread.

lol, it was rather quick wasn't it. Ahwell. I couldn't of been arsed to go on for much longer so i'm glad (the heated debate!) ended when it did.

that track harribo said earlier is stuck in my head now. :heh:

Meh. I still think sometimes not everything can be backed up with proof/evidence.

I don't feel I have to justify likeing someone. Nor do I have to "admit" to anything, when I don't feel it's true.

Oh well.

---

Does anyone else like 30 Seconds To Mars?

I've been listening to Lifehouse's new album. It's got some great songs (Disarray, Broken, Storm) and some not so great ones (The Joke, Whatever it Takes, Make Me Over). Overall though another stonker.

Wade's vocals continue to engulf me in emotion and their songs get me through some hard times.

I like The Cardigans. They're an odd band that you have to be in a really specific mood not to find a lot of their music grating at first listen, but once you're in a Cardigans mood then you can see how amazing they are. Their music takes a lot of getting used to for me but i usually love it in the end. So hard work but worth it.

My favourite OAT (of all time!) band is No Doubt.

Oh my fecking god colonopenbracket are supporting Hadouken! at Leadmill.

I just came in my pants.

dude i feel into a trap with colonopenbracket (or :( as they like to be called)

i remember them being announced for the 2006 download festival. i looked at the lineup and saw a :( i checked them out on myspace and thought they were alright. I then saw them live and they were bollox :shakehead

saw them then again supporting enter shikari in cardiff barfly october last year and they improved but there live act needs some work to say the least.

speaking of hadouken in ya post im seeing them in newport tj's with a few mates on october 29th :D then enter shikari 2 days later in cardiff :yay: : peace:

Hmm, sure enough, it's a good album, but it had to be better than White Blood Cells to be a 10/10, and it isn't. it's more like an 8.5/10.

Probably, this is just the first album I actually got of theirs.

--

I thought Tegan And Sara were twin sisters? Not twin sister..lesbians?:bouncy: