Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

re: Hands.

I like it. Lyrically, it's pretty strong with an excellent theme of trying to quantify emotions in scientific terms. There are definitely excellent tracks here: Stuck on Repeat, Click, Meddle, Mathematics, and especially Remedy, but I'd agree there's something not quite there to make it a AAA album.

I do love Little Boots herself though. Proper homebrew popstar if there was one.

Insane props too on The Human League frontman turning up for a duet. (that's him right? uncredited on the leak but I'm 99% sure I'm right)

not the best, then, but enjoyable. I definitely want to hear it on dancefloors and I'm pretty sure the remixes are going to be stellar.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

The listening party idea is a failure right from the off, because as seen in Music Warz in which you only had to listen to one song you didn't know or like, in this you'd be listening to an entire album.

Basically, not enough people would do it. It'd be Paj, chairdriver and 2 forumites posting "I love." about the Tori Amos album they've listened to for the 2000th time, or Dan Dare, Daft, myself and mr-paul with something along the lines of "DVNO now, man I love this song"

Nice idea though.

Ermmm you don't mean me when you say mr paul do you?

Sooo....what does everyone think of U2?

With or Without You is my shower song.

DESIIIIIIIIIIRE.

You have to be a bit heartless to hate all of their stuff surely?

I quite like the odd song. Where the streets have no name was one i used to love.

I quite liked some of Little Boots singles but has anyone heard the track 'Meddle' from her EP? I prefer that track to some of the stuff from her album.

It's on the album too!

I can't actually remember how it goes, but I'm giving the album a run through now, so I'll listen out for it.

It's on the album too!

I can't actually remember how it goes, but I'm giving the album a run through now, so I'll listen out for it.

Doh! Idk why I thought it wasn't on the album, probably because I only heard it on Last F.M and it came up as 'Meddle - Little Boots EP' anyway yeah, really like that track. :)

The listening party idea is a failure right from the off, because as seen in Music Warz in which you only had to listen to one song you didn't know or like, in this you'd be listening to an entire album.

Basically, not enough people would do it. It'd be Paj, chairdriver and 2 forumites posting "I love." about the Tori Amos album they've listened to for the 2000th time, or Dan Dare, Daft, myself and mr-paul with something along the lines of "DVNO now, man I love this song"

Nice idea though.

I dunno. Potentially if the everyone listening at once didn't work (as you say, Im not convinced there'd be enough people up for listening at the same time), then a similar thing to the movie / book club thing could be done, with an album being suggested a week which people would download and talk about it. Whereas going out and buying a film or book, and investing the time to watch it is a lot of effort and in my opinion the reason it didn't work out, simply downloading an album and listening requires little effort... hell, spotify exists, how hard can it be?

Maybe we could have some sort of system where people could vote albums they really thought would be crap.

I'd choose The Con by Tegan and Sara, because I feel that I've loved it so long that I've become detached from it, and need to hear everyone's opinions upon it.

Scratch that, I'm choosing The Lion & The Cobra by Sinead O'Connor.

I've only heard it once, but I absolutely loved it.

Was it someone here (Dan myabe?) that said Little Boots wrote Stuck On Repeat with Kylie Minogue in her head? I read that somewhere.

I'm really liking the album in full now, after a few listens, but I just keep imaging Kylie Minogue singing the songs instead. Dunno if that's god or bed, or means nothing. Suppose LB just like the kind of pop song Kylie does..

Bleeding Love

For me, Bleeding Love was tolerable the first time I heard it on the radio but then... they played it again and again and again... etc and I've come to loathe it since :/ some songs outstay their welcome on the Radio stations, that's one of them Imo.

For me, Bleeding Love was tolerable the first time I heard it on the radio but then... they played it again and again and again... etc and I've come to loathe it since :/ some songs outstay their welcome on the Radio stations, that's one of them Imo.

Totally agree, that's why I haven't listened to it in months and months. To me, it finally sounds fresh again which is great. Though, Battlefield blows it out of the water. Probably my favourite song of the year, though I expect the same thing will happen to it as it did with Bleeding Love.

I've heard Battlefield once or twice and couldn't tell you a lyric or how it goes.

I mildly liked No Air, but overall, not a big Jordin Sparks fan.

She's a massively annoying bitch*, which is why I'm even more suprised just how much I adore the song. It's just so overdramatic and the video has smoke machines. SMOKE MACHINES.

* For her "Promise rings are a good thing, not everybody, guy or girl, wants to be a slut" comment.

Hmm. It's alright. I like the drum beat (heavy drums are always welcome) and the bits like "GET CHO AHMAH".

Otherwise it left me with nothing. I wanted the car to explode behind her, not just turn into a firework display.

Was it someone here (Dan myabe?) that said Little Boots wrote Stuck On Repeat with Kylie Minogue in her head? I read that somewhere.

I'm really liking the album in full now, after a few listens, but I just keep imaging Kylie Minogue singing the songs instead. Dunno if that's god or bed, or means nothing. Suppose LB just like the kind of pop song Kylie does..

Wasn't me 'guv.

It is well Kylie though. Particularly Remedy and Hearts Collide.

so Tiga's latest, Ciao! is a bit tasty. Soulwax on production bring out the best in his house/ funk beats , his lyrics are getting better (apart from Sex O'Clock, yeah?) and this seems a more concentrated effort to produce a solid dance album. It's a tad heavily weighted to the front end, though. All the biggest beats and such seem to have been hammered out in the first few tracks. The latter half is no less for it, but the tonal shift is a little dramatic. It's a consolation, then, that the final track Love Don't Dance Here Anymore is the best on the album. 12 mins of solid gold post club melancholy blissed out electronica.

Very, very highly recommended.