• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

I physically cannot stop listening to Bat For Lashes Two Suns. I've tried and it was painful I couldn't make it through a song. :)

Me thinks it is my favourite album of the year thus far and it shall take a lot to beat it for me! (maybe Grizzly Bears new album which I have yet to listen to.)

Two Planets started playing as I entered into a tense Boss battle in Resident Evil 5, twas brilliant. :grin:

I'm going to buy a ridiculous amount of Bat For Lashes merchandise when I see her tomorrow night.

I've allocated up to £60.

I've listened to it a few times and Blitz and Heads Will Roll are still the only ones that have etched their way into my brain.

However I finally got round to listening to The Whitest Boy Alive (which I always get mixed up with the show The Whitest Boys You Know) on their myspace, perfect music for 2am when I should be sleeping :)

One of most...genuine...performances I've ever seen. Songs, when done live can become a chore for the artist, but PJ Harvey never seems to let that happen. She's telling us this story as though we've never heard it/she just thought it up.

Brilliant.

One of most...genuine...performances I've ever seen. Songs, when done live can become a chore for the artist, but PJ Harvey never seems to let that happen. She's telling us this story as though we've never heard it/she just thought it up.

Brilliant.

An amazing performances, but probably one of my least favourite PJ songs.

I don't know why, it doesn't sit well with me.

An amazing performances, but probably one of my least favourite PJ songs.

I don't know why, it doesn't sit well with me.

I think I prefer Dance Hall At Louse Point to A Woman A Man Walked By.

It feels..meatier. And has more of an atmosphere. And I prefer most of the songs. :blank:

Allthough there's more obvious good ones on AWAMWB, like the title track and April. And Pig Will Not.

No Doubt performing 'Stand and Deliver' as to be featured 'for the first time' on Gossip Girl.

(although apparently as its an 80s flashback they're not playing as themselves but as some new upcoming band or something...but thats regardless)

From what I remember of the original (not bothered watching the vid as im on my way out) its a bit more of a poppy shallower version, but catchy and harmless enough in my opinion.

ARGH! Shitting hell, I can't get Poker Face out of my head. I've become everything I've ever hated! I don't even like the song. Make it stop!

I feel your pain Goaferboy for I am currently suffering from this aural affliction that you speak of. :/

In other music related news, Royksopp : Melody A.M. and The Understanding - deluxe edition, £4! bargain - arrived in the post today, I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet but I shall soon as I'm currently still loving their latest album Junior. :)

Also, I finished listening to Portishead's self-titled album and while I know I like it, the songs just aren't quite clicking for me like they did with Dummy and Third and I don't know why :/ I want to love the album, I truly do but I think it's going to be a good few listens before I can appreciate it tbh.

Solid Gold - The Golden Filter

Spotify

Fantastic electro.

I absolutely love!

--

I've completely fallen for Britneys Blackout all over again. I love it to bits, apart from the final two tracks. I'm loving Bat For Lashes too.

Edited by Slaggis

I Can't See New York - Tori Amos

Spotify

It's about a plane crash, and I think it deals with it beautifully, if depressing. It only really clicked yesterday and it gave me shivers. I really love it.

One of her best songs. No doubt about it. Scarlet's Walk is my favourite album be her.

---

Back from Bat For Lashes! It was immense. I have a fetish for tribal drums. Seriously. The Dreaming by Kate Bush, Pretty Hate Machine by Nine Inch Nails and now Two Suns.

But yeah, she was fantastic. Stupendous. Anyone here going to see her will be in for a fantastic time!

Setlist;

Glass

Sleep Alone

Horse & I

Daniel

Siren Song

Travelling Woman

The Wizard

Sarah

Peace Of Mind

What's A Girl To Do?

Pearl's Dream

----

Good Love/Moon & Moon

Two Planets

ASAIK. Chair got the setlist. Both the opener and the finale were absolutely epic, as was this live version of WAGTD?.

She was great fun too, it was pretty funny when she knocked a whole mug of coffee into her harmonium.

@ Paj and Chair:

Glad you had a fantastic time! :D I'm insanely jealous (in a good way.) She is quickly becoming one of my favourite artists.

Looks like a great playlist with for me the perfect opening and ending! :yay:

I'm loving Bat For Lashes too.

Good man Good man! :grin:

I'm still non stop playing her new album, it just gets better with each listen! I cannot see an end to this. I managed to venture out into Fur and Gold today, though! :p

I literally could not calm down when she played the following consecutively:

Glass

Sleep Alone (stunning live - had a brilliant drum-beat)

Horse & I

Daniel

Siren Song

Far too many obvious amazing songs in a row. Like could have been her greatest hits tour.

I literally could not calm down when she played the following consecutively:

Glass

Sleep Alone (stunning live - had a brilliant drum-beat)

Horse & I

Daniel

Siren Song

Far too many obvious amazing songs in a row. Like could have been her greatest hits tour.

Lol yeah. Horse & I felt too good a song to play at that point. Bats Mouth <3 would have been more approp. But obv. I prefer being wowed by her amazing songs.

Basically decided to start trying more music. Can you lot name a song by an artist that you think will draw me in for more of their stuff - don't care if it's cliche or overplayed or anything. Whatever you think will draw me to said artist/band. I'm willing to try a lot of new stuff this time around so give it your best shot. And please, only one song per artist, but as many artists as you please.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!