• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Cat Empire a popular band in Britain, I went to the first night of the Sydney festival last night. And the Aussies I went with couldn't believe I had never heard of them. Also saw Mr Scruff who was excellent as ever. Leaving Sydney before Nick Cage and the Bad Seeds play sadly.

Are Cat Empire a popular band in Britain, I went to the first night of the Sydney festival last night. And the Aussies I went with couldn't believe I had never heard of them. Also saw Mr Scruff who was excellent as ever. Leaving Sydney before Nick Cage and the Bad Seeds play sadly.

Was that intentional or just a slip? :heh:

---

Listened to Vampire Weekend for the first time today. Surprisingly good. I like african-influenced stuff though, so it's all good.

Also put Narrow Stairs by Death Cab For Cutie on iTunes, not listened yet though. I have absolutely no idea what to expect, having only heard of them before.

---

Listened to Vampire Weekend for the first time today. Surprisingly good. I like african-influenced stuff though, so it's all good.

Also put Narrow Stairs by Death Cab For Cutie on iTunes, not listened yet though. I have absolutely no idea what to expect, having only heard of them before.

I started listening to Death Cab after watching the OC a few years back. It's all I ever used to listen too, although I haven't got any of this stuff on the computer.

---

I love The Ice is Getting Thinner and I Will Possess Your Heart. Not really listened to the rest of the album though.

Anyone after some mashed up electronica chiptune j-pop? If so, that's a rather obscure craving. Luckily she exists. I especially recommend them for anyone after music for WipEout HD. Oh, and the price is right: all their albums are free so far.

I Downloaded all the free stuff yesterday! :) Thanks for the links! I had a brief listen and me thinks I will like.

Okay so yesterday I got completely addicted to Lady Gaga! :D Now I have a mash up of all her different songs whirling around in my head!

Okay so yesterday I got completely addicted to Lady Gaga! :D Now I have a mash up of all her different songs whirling around in my head!

You made me all hyper for a second, thinking there was some kind of mash-up of all her songs! *man tears*.

Still, I'm pretty addicted at the moment too. I love her!

It takes me a while to get back to people on this, I keep forgetting to check it!

*hi-fives*

*high fives back* : peace:

So what else you been listening to recently? :)

You made me all hyper for a second, thinking there was some kind of mash-up of all her songs! *man tears*.

Still, I'm pretty addicted at the moment too. I love her!

Sorry! A mash up would be great though.

Yep in these past 2 days I've listened to her over 400 times!!! Previous to that it took me from August until December to get 400 plays. I think I'm addicted! :p

She is now my fourth most played singer on Last.Fm....

Sorry! A mash up would be great though.

Yep in these past 2 days I've listened to her over 400 times!!! Previous to that it took me from August until December to get 400 plays. I think I'm addicted! :p

She is now my fourth most played singer on Last.Fm....

Hehe, awesome! Some of her songs are damn addictive, it's unbelievable. She's just turned my 4th most played artist too (1510 plays). We're just too awesome for words Coolness.

--

Kayne west did an interview recently where he stated he wanted less fans. Apparently, instead of 100,000 fans that are just wit him because he's popular, he wants 20,000 die-hard fans. Also, he says in the next few years he's going to pose completely naked - because it's something no one would expect someone like him to do.

You've got to love Kayne.

I liked Kanye West's last album.

I couldn't care less about what he does outwith his music tbh, same with most musicians, unless it's intrinsically linked with the music itself. I think a lot of people focus on the antics of the actual person, not the music. Blah blah celebrity culture.

But his music is mostly decent.

Hehe, awesome! Some of her songs are damn addictive, it's unbelievable. She's just turned my 4th most played artist too (1510 plays). We're just too awesome for words Coolness.

Aces! :heart: (who says that...? It's the bane of my life..)

What do you think of the second half of her album? :D At first I didn't enjoy it that much but now I cannot stop listening to Boys, Boys, Boys and I like it Rough.

Aces! :heart: (who says that...? It's the bane of my life..)

What do you think of the second half of her album? :D At first I didn't enjoy it that much but now I cannot stop listening to Boys, Boys, Boys and I like it Rough.

Glamourphonic, electronic, d-d-disco baby..

I like you a lot lot, all we want is hot hot...

BOYS BOYS BOYS!

I love that song so much. It's just so silly/addictive. Summerboy is another in the second half I love. It's kind of difference to other songs, but still manages to fit in with them.

I liked Kanye West's last album.

I couldn't care less about what he does outwith his music tbh, same with most musicians, unless it's intrinsically linked with the music itself. I think a lot of people focus on the antics of the actual person, not the music. Blah blah celebrity culture.

But his music is mostly decent.

He can't sing for shit though:

UK Singles Chart

1. Lady Gaga – 'Just Dance'

2. James Morrison and Nelly Furtado – 'Broken Strings'

3. Alexandra Burke – 'Hallelujah'

4. Leona Lewis – 'Run'

5. Kings Of Leon – 'Use Somebody'

6. Saturdays – 'Issues'

7. Beyonce – 'If I Were A Boy'

8. Beyonce – 'Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)'

9. Katy Perry – 'Hot 'N' Cold'

10. Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil' Wayne – 'Let It Rock'

The con seems to be the only song I'm really interested in when it comes to Tegan and Sara.

Coolness, been listening to Nickelbacks new album, still not sure if I like it yet, it's certainly ok..but hmm. I've been trying to get all of Lorene Drives songs, my friend has them but I forgot to get them yesterday.

edit: I also quite like Kayne's new album, he seems to get better as time goes on.

The con seems to be the only song I'm really interested in when it comes to Tegan and Sara.

It's the most obviously good, but there are much better on the album.

Relief Next To Me, Knife Going In, Like O, Like H, Burn Your Life Down, Ninteen, Dark Come Soon etc etc

You can't deny Back In Your Head is brilliant.

That UK singles chart makes me want to vomit. Disgraceful how much the r'n'b/hip hop/pop thing is pimped over here. Never ever see rock acts in the charts anymore, and Kings of Leon don't count as they are a british rock group which is like calling Bush an intellectual being, it's just not true. :shakehead What we need is another rock revolution to get rid of this crap that fills the charts nowadays. :heh:

But seriously, the last time a rock act got to the top of the singles charts was years ago. Was either My Chemical Romance or, if they didn't get a UK no. 1, then it was definitely Evanescence.

That UK singles chart makes me want to vomit. Disgraceful how much the r'n'b/hip hop/pop thing is pimped over here. Never ever see rock acts in the charts anymore, and Kings of Leon don't count as they are a british rock group which is like calling Bush an intellectual being, it's just not true. :shakehead What we need is another rock revolution to get rid of this crap that fills the charts nowadays. :heh:

But seriously, the last time a rock act got to the top of the singles charts was years ago. Was either My Chemical Romance or, if they didn't get a UK no. 1, then it was definitely Evanescence.

My Chemical Romance were no.1. A fact I love, as I like them.

However, the charts are kinda pointless now...it's just full of commercial stuff. I mean, I like a good bit of pop, as it's fun, and mediocre pop is better than mediocre Rn'B/hip-hop, but really, with the internet allowing people to more good music than ever before, I'm not worried with what is and isn't being exposed to the masses.

Lady GaGa - The Fame Part One. (A Lady GaGa short film/music video)

This is like some wierd, long official music video/film with what sounds like lots of french being spoken, and then lots of dancing to some of her music. It's so goddamn wierd, but it put a smile on my face for sure.

I love the bit where she's going down to street, dancing to PokeFace!

Lady GaGa - The Fame Part One. (A Lady GaGa short film/music video)

This is like some wierd, long official music video/film with what sounds like lots of french being spoken, and then lots of dancing to some of her music. It's so goddamn wierd, but it put a smile on my face for sure.

I love the bit where she's going down to street, dancing to PokeFace!

See, she's in serious danger of taking herself way too seriously.

She can say "Pop Music Will Never Be Low-Brow" all she wants, but it's not like she's making particularly note-worthy additions to the genre. Beautiful Dirty Rich is actually atrocious, the rest I've heard (3 songs now) only ok.

It's as though she's a really bad version of Roison Murphy, in terms of music, and the whole "wacky style in normal places" schtick. And the video comes across as fake-arty. "Oh, french!"...no.

It doesn't all mesh together.

-----

Have you checked out Roisin Murphy? She's excellent.

She also makes interesting/weird videos that look natural.

See, she's in serious danger of taking herself way too seriously.

She can say "Pop Music Will Never Be Low-Brow" all she wants, but it's not like she's making particularly note-worthy additions to the genre. Beautiful Dirty Rich is actually atrocious, the rest I've heard (3 songs now) only ok.

It's as though she's a really bad version of Roison Murphy, in terms of music, and the whole "wacky style in normal places" schtick. And the video comes across as fake-arty. "Oh, french!"...no.

It doesn't all mesh together.

Beautiful Dirty Rich is not atrocious in the slighest, I'm sorry but it's just not.

I find it annoying how as soon as someone mainstream looks to be doing something slilghty different, comments like "Oh, it's all so contrived" or "She's trying too hard to be different" are spat out. From watching interviews with her, and seeing her perform it looks perfectly natural to her. That is her style. Also, to be honest the whole "Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow" thing? It's kind of refresing to hear someone mainstream finally say it. Constantly, I seem to be informed that my musical opinion isn't worth salt, because I listen to pop tarts and such.

Digressing majorly, I read a few reviews that accused her of copying Gwen Stefani. I actually wanted to strangle the reviewers. There's millions of crappy pop slags out their, that are never compared and yet once someone comes along that's both mainstream and a little "odd" - she HAS to be copying Gwen Stefani. *sighs*

--

Oh and that Roisin Murphy video (Which I have seen before) looked just as "contrived" as the Lady GaGa one I posted. I see no difference whatsoever, video wise.