N-Europe

I need to add that Amadou & Mariam are absolutely fantastic. In their new CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED album, Welcome To Mali, they've worked with Damon Albarn.

I love African/world music, but never really jumped on it, not knowing where to start...start here!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah.

hold the phone, guys

Anyone heard a guy called Max Tundra?

in contention for the best noises thrown towards my ear glands this last orbit. Consider this cocktail: Aphex Twin's capacity for a mental time set and the ability to generally interfere with a bit of circuit board mixed with a folksy, eccentric pop record and a bit of soul lite vocal work on charmingly bizzare lyrics.

Heady combo, for sure. Investigate post haste, forum.

Particularly looking your way Paj, Chair, O_W and Daft.

I actually love SFIJ far too much at the moment.

The Couch is on my "Lovely Long Songs" list.

I love long songs.

And I love Thank U, because I always expect her to say "Thank you India, Thank you Joanna..." like, in a really grudging way.

I wish you'd just take my word when I tell you how good albums are, at the time!

reccomend me some music please, only have 1 album on this computer (Sigur Ros - () ) and I can't be arsed to transfer stuff from my old computer yet.

Liking stuff like Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Mew etc at the moment and am currently downloading some 'Godspeed You Black Emperor'. Anyone got anything to reccomend?

I'm starting to realise that Scandanavia produces a lot of good bands, discovered a good band called Blue Foundation a while back so anything similar to those i've mentioned would be good.

reccomend me some music please, only have 1 album on this computer (Sigur Ros - () ) and I can't be arsed to transfer stuff from my old computer yet.

Liking stuff like Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Mew etc at the moment and am currently downloading some 'Godspeed You Black Emperor'. Anyone got anything to reccomend?

I'm starting to realise that Scandanavia produces a lot of good bands, discovered a good band called Blue Foundation a while back so anything similar to those i've mentioned would be good.

Tori Amos

Bjork

Madonna.

Good suggestions, I already own a Moby CD and I do like what I've heard from Massive Attack and Portishead although admittedly this isn't much...

i like to think i'm into most music but just right now it's the kind of chillout stuff i'm enjoying at the moment.

Also, I'd give an artist called Alexi Murdoch a try. He's done a few choons for Prison Break, and some of his stuff is pretty good. Although, I need to listen to some more of his, because I did like what I heard.

Give Jose Gonzales a try. (can't ever spell his name right. Is it an S or a Z at the end?) He's awesome, and it's relaxing but also uplifting. :)

Aaaand, for good measure, Lighthouse Family. :)

Mezzanine is my fave massive attack album jamie, has such gems as black milk and teardrop, get it if you don't already!

Tori Amos

Bjork

Madonna.

um, this doesn't sound alot like you? (Sounds like Paj or Chair really)

um, this doesn't sound alot like you? (Sounds like Paj or Chair really)

I assume it was a "joke". I don't recommend Madonna to anyone, in any case.

But yes, Bjork would snugly fit right beside Sigur Ros in your musical quilt. And Portishead are gods. Everyone suggested is unbelievably worth it, Spenno!

Helloooo.

I've been getting more and more into Four Tet, Cornelius, Massive Attack and Justice (and other artists from Ed Banger Records).

Anyone got some good suggestions?

Daft probably knows the particulars of the 'Ed Banger stable better than me, but if you're in to Four Tet's more out there material you should probably investigate a few artists under the Warp Records banner. Square Pusher, the various alias' of Richard D James (Aphex Twin, Alter Ego, The Tuss etc) and a few others.

Is this new found assault against me because of Starly? :(

I still love you.

No, I thought it would sound sarky, but it wasn't intended to. It was just a statement. :heart:

Can you bitchslap the people who arent pisting on Pokequest though?