N-Europe

Gah, I still wish to see her play sometimes. Almost got to see her at a festival years ago... but due to my graduation being on the same day, I arrived too late to see her. And I think Radiohead was playing that day too. =(

*goes to listen to more*

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt it Bjorks birthday yesterday?

For me Bjorks best songs are:

• Army of Me
  • Big Time Sensuality
  • Bachelorette
  • Hunter
  • I've Seen It All
  • All Is Full of Love
  • Venus as a Boy
  • Pagan Poetry
  • It's Oh So Quiet
  • Human Behaviour

Yeah it was.

Obviously those are all great...but It's Oh So Quiet over An Echo, A Stain? Over All Neon Like? Nah.

I never heard it because the only songs that i heard from her are single songs.

:blank:

ALBUMS, PEOPLE! Many artists don't just fill them with filler...!

(Don't worry, I'll forgive you and Eenuh for this travesty against good music...:heart::heh: )

I hate when people only have singles on their iPod.

Like, I was looking at a guy's iPod at school, and I was so ready to clap on so many occassions - seeing Laura Marling, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Santogold (etc etc) on the artists list, but then clicking on them and finding only the really cliched single.

I mean, as much as I love Down By The Water, PJ Harvey has written other music.

People who don't buy/listen to albums are missing out big time. I often love the album tracks much more than the singles.

Heh, if I had more money I'd buy all the albums from the artists I like! But since I don't have that much money, I can't. If you got to see my music collection, you'd laugh as it's so unbelievably small. X3

I think the only artists I have most albums from are Moby and Muse... so yeah I need more. =P

I hate when people only have singles on their iPod.

Like, I was looking at a guy's iPod at school, and I was so ready to clap on so many occassions - seeing Laura Marling, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Santogold (etc etc) on the artists list, but then clicking on them and finding only the really cliched single.

I mean, as much as I love Down By The Water, PJ Harvey has written other music.

People who don't buy/listen to albums are missing out big time. I often love the album tracks much more than the singles.

Yup, I hate seeing just one song from an artist on someones iPod. It bugs me, and I have to lecture them about missing out on probably better songs because of sheer ignorance. I mean, singles are just ones that will cater to the masses the most, but there could be songs that fit into a niche on an album that you literally fall in love with.

Albums > Singles.

Yup, I hate seeing just one song from an artist on someones iPod. It bugs me, and I have to lecture them about missing out on probably better songs because of sheer ignorance. I mean, singles are just ones that will cater to the masses the most, but there could be songs that fit into a niche on an album that you literally fall in love with.

Albums > Singles.

• Appollo 440 - Stop the rock
  • Dope - Nothing For Me Here
  • Jamie T - Salvador
  • Pearl Jam - Even Flow
  • Jarvis - Dont Let Him Waste Your Time
  • Joy Division - Division
  • L7 - Pretend We're Dead
  • Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive
  • Lo-Fi Culture Scene - Fast Forward
  • The La's - There She Goes
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
  • Mansun - I Can Only Disappoint U
  • Natalie Imbruglia - Smoke
  • Pagans Mind -The Celestine Prophecy
  • The Pixies - Debaser
  • Project Pitchfork - The Longing
  • Pulp - Babies
  • Rammstein - Sonne
  • Slagsmaalsklubben - Kasta Sten
  • Switchfoot - Meant To Live
  • Tear For Tears - Shout
  • White Rose Movement - Alsation
  • XX Teens - The Way We Were
  • Tegan and Sara - Relief Next To Me

My one songs list. :sad:

You REALLY need the rest of The Con by Tegan & Sara.

My mum gave me £20 for being ok about my friend moving in (yeah, makes no sense, but to be honest, I'm not thrilled about it, but she's in need), so I bought I Am Sasha Fierce by Beyonce, as the entire family wanted it, and Like A Prayer by Madonna.

Most of the one-single artists I have are of J-Pop/J-Rock artists, and that's only because they did theme songs or insert songs for my fav anime.

I don't know if I would enjoy any of their other songs. I'm procrastinating over looking for more of their stuff. But some aren't actual artists but just make BGM for anime shows and films, so y'know, meh. :blank:

That isn't the case with any other bands or artists, by the way.

You REALLY need the rest of The Con by Tegan & Sara.

My mum gave me £20 for being ok about my friend moving in (yeah, makes no sense, but to be honest, I'm not thrilled about it, but she's in need), so I bought I Am Sasha Fierce by Beyonce, as the entire family wanted it, and Like A Prayer by Madonna.

The Con is awesome. I was just listening to it. And someone at work played it a few days ago. I was in awe. Normally its me playing it.

• Tegan and Sara - Relief Next To Me

Epic failing, considering that's not even the best song on The Con, one of my "lovely" albums.

The Con is awesome. I was just listening to it. And someone at work played it a few days ago. I was in awe. Normally its me playing it.

I love it.

I love how most of the songs just shouldn't work, like most of them have really weird structures. But it just sounds so awesome as a final product.

I love I Was Married and Like O, Like H the most.

I love my intrepretation of lyrics of Like O, Like H too. Their lovely story of coming out to their mother.

Do O and H refer to Oxygen and Hydrogen? Like water in their guts or something. I never really got that.

Epic failing, considering that's not even the best song on The Con, one of my "lovely" albums.

I love it.

I love how most of the songs just shouldn't work, like most of them have really weird structures. But it just sounds so awesome as a final product.

I love I Was Married and Like O, Like H the most.

I love my intrepretation of lyrics of Like O, Like H too. Their lovely story of coming out to their mother.

Do O and H refer to Oxygen and Hydrogen? Like water in their guts or something. I never really got that.

I never really looked at "Like O, Like H' other than spelling "Oh" :p

But my favourite from that album is 'Relief Next To Me'

@ Dante - Only one Lynyrd Skynyrd song? :shakehead While Free Bird is undoubtedly one of the greatest songs ever, they do have others songs you should give a try. Hell, I'm not even a big fan but I have more than Free bird on my playlist. Also, you've have Smoke by Natalie Imbruglia but no Torn? :shakehead Sorry, I shouldn't pick holes in peoples playlists or for them not having more than 1 song by a particular artist. I'm guilty of it as well. I'll not bother listing them as there are over 1000 songs on my MP3 player and about 100 or so are single songs by an artist.

Anyways, been listening to a bit of the Twilight Soundtrack on the old youtube. Quite good. It does help that I'm a big Paramore fan (love Decode and kinda like I Caught Myself).

Im loving the amount of Tegan and Sara love on this forum :yay: Noone I knew had heard of them. I've introduced their stuff to just about all of my friends now though, spreading the love. The Con is so amazing

I have the problem of only one song per artist on my ipod, but that's because mines a 4gb'er so I can't fit enough :( I often have one obscure album track noones heard of as opposed to a single mind, which confuses people flicking through my songs :P

Listening to The Warning now.... And I Was A Boy From School is so good it's not even funny. :D

I rediscovered Hot Chip again this week. Didn't even realise Id bought Made in the Dark, faaantastic.